+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee interviews

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
That's why there is legal aid.
Legal aide does not accept all asylum cases . My sister works for legal aide and they will only take VERY strong cases , with evidence that SUBSTANTIATES their situation . They won’t use their limit resources on weak cases. As she said “ Legal Aide is not obligated to take the case .

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Legal aide does not accept all asylum cases . My sister works for legal aide and they will only take VERY strong cases , with evidence that SUBSTANTIATES their situation . They won’t use their limit resources on weak cases. As she said “ Legal Aide is not obligated to take the case .
That’s very very interesting information. When I called them they did not even asked to me how strong my case or any evidence. I just told them I want to do refugee claim and the reason. That’s it.

Reactions: jinglebell0123

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
That's not true. I called them they just asked basic questions like from which country I came and how much money I have got. They assigned the lawyer while I was on the call with them without asking any questions on my case. Legal aid takes cases based on financial factors, not strong or weak cases, this is for the member to decide on the case.

Feven k

Jun 29, 2019
Hello friends!
I filled my claim on Jan 5 ,2022.
I haven't heard anything since then. Please advise what to do.
My file was in Montreal and been transferred to Toronto on april, 2023.

It has been 8 month now with nothing.

denvela

Mar 10, 2023
23 December 2022: Arrived in Canada

27 February 2023: Signed and Submitted the Basis of Claim Form to IRCC. (Inland Claim)

07 March 2023: Received instructions for Immigration Medical Examination

11 March 2023: Results of my Immigration Medical Examination have been submitted to IRCC

17 March 2023: 1st Interview, Biometrics, and issued Notice of Seizure of Documents

03 April 2023: 2nd Interview, Issued Refugee Protection Claimant Document, Removal/Departure Order (to be implemented if the claim is denied)
and Confirmation of Referral

04 April 2023: Issuance of Open Work Permit

28 August 2023: Refugee Protection Division Hearing (postponed)

06 November 2023: Refugee Protection Division Hearing and got positive decision

Waiting for Notice of Decision

evalou23

Apr 6, 2023

27 February 2023: Signed and Submitted the Basis of Claim Form to IRCC. (Inland Claim)

11 March 2023: Results of my Immigration Medical Examination have been submitted to IRCC

17 March 2023: 1st Interview, Biometrics, and issued Notice of Seizure of Documents

03 April 2023: 2nd Interview, Issued Refugee Protection Claimant Document, Removal/Departure Order (to be implemented if the claim is denied)

Congratulation , How was your hearing ?
i applied on feb 9 2023 , no hearing yet still wetting

denvela

Mar 10, 2023
Congratulation , How was your hearing ?
i applied on feb 9 2023 , no hearing yet still wetting

Thank you. My hearing involves a one-hour question-and-answer format based on the submitted Basis of Claim. Please review it diligently and respond truthfully. If unsure of an answer, honesty is key. Members conducting the session are known for their kindness, understanding, and consideration.

Rahvaar

Nov 14, 2023

Congrats! Can you share the reason for postponement of hearing? (if you feel comfortable)
My hearing has been postponed due to delay in FESS.

Milkymilky

Feb 17, 2023

Hi thank you for sharing your timeline . And congratulations for your positive decision. I have got an email from my lawyer and in mail too . Letter to appear for a virtual hearing for your refugee protection claims which is scheduled next month. Is it a regular hearing? I checked some people said that less complex case what does all this mean? Please can you reply . And what all things a should prepare for?

Mitti

Star Member
Nov 3, 2022
Hi thank you for sharing your timeline . And congratulations for your positive decision. I have got an email from my lawyer and in mail too . Letter to appear for a virtual hearing for your refugee protection claims which is scheduled next month. Is it a regular hearing? I checked some people said that less complex case what does all this mean? Please can you reply . And what all things a should prepare for?
Hi,
I got less complex ICAC in chamber decision letter, my claim has been approved without hearing last month.