Before asking question i want to share Our time line: -
Arrival - 26 May 2023
BOC - 12 June 2023
AOC - 16 June 2023
Medical - 19 June 2023
Documents Seizure - 12 July 2023
Work Permit - 12 Aug 2023
Background Check - 21 Aug 2023

Waiting for Eligibility Interview. At the time of document seizure (12 July 2023) it was told to us that eligibility interview will take 4-6 weeks. We have passed that timeline. We have submitted BOC through legal representative. Later on we have applied for legal aid lawyer. It was approved. However, our first lawyer is saying that he had made a combined online portal for submission of claims which include details of other applicants as well. So he cannot share the user ID and password. As our claim is also the part of same portal so we are unable to access our claim online. I had made IRCC secure account and put in UCI and Application number but it has no data related to our application.
Recently our previous lawyer told us that our data is removed from his online portal, which means he cannot access our details. I am more concerned about information of second interview (that how we would come to know) as previous lawyer has no access and new lawyer has not updated his portal. Also our application is not linked with my IRCC portal. It is very confusing.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Mancini

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Hello everyone

BOC August 1
Medical done August 3
Med result uploaded August 17
Bio and doc seizure Sep 15
Waiting for eligibility, WP, background check, hearing, etc.
I pray it will not take too long.

Reading several comments, I noticed that few applications were processed faster than others. The rule is there is no rule. This is what I keep hearing.
I hope to get WP soon, already need money, already have offer, but first should get the WP :( :(

I have a question: My family members who are outside Canada applied for a visitor visa, is it true that they will be blocked? Or is there a chance for them to be granted a visitor visa?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mansoora Ali

Habesha2023

Aug 25, 2023
Hello
I claimed refugees may 2023 CBSA and submitted BOC June 2, 2023, medical may 26. No eligibility interview yet. Is there any problem if I move to other province? any info please?

Bbbbbb96

Mar 20, 2023
Do you have a lawyer or not? if not then they have an email that you can submit to it doesn't need to be a hard copy. I printed out my documents and had a hard copy because I wanted evidence on my end that I submitted that was my reason plus I also had a very hard time paginating my document and indexing it on soft so it was very practical for me to do a hard copy. 10 days before my hearing I added one document I had to submit in soft which was very straightforward.
-BOC submitted:11 nov 2022
-Medicals: 12 nov 2022
-Bio-metrics and notice of seizure: 16th nov 2022
-Medicals updated results : 24 nov 2022
-bio-metrics updated: 30th nov 2022
-Eligibility interview: 8th dec 2022
-IRB referral: 13th dec 2022
-Work permit issued on: 15th jan 2023
-forwarded my evidence to IRB 1st March 2023
-hearing 17th July 2023
-Nod on 14th of August conventional refugee
Done in Vancouver
I did the process without a lawyer, I give all the glory to God for everything

I wasted about 4months putting together my evidence, I met someone in this forum who really helped me a lot and gave me so many insights into the process thank you so much @Simba112 , I will forever be indebted.
To everyone else be encouraged you can do it. Especially the ones who have gone without counsel its possible, have enough evidence.
Would you be so kind to share the tips Symba advised you? I would be so appreciative. God bless you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone

BOC August 1
Medical done August 3
Med result uploaded August 17
Bio and doc seizure Sep 15
Waiting for eligibility, WP, background check, hearing, etc.
I pray it will not take too long.

Reading several comments, I noticed that few applications were processed faster than others. The rule is there is no rule. This is what I keep hearing.
I hope to get WP soon, already need money, already have offer, but first should get the WP :( :(

I have a question: My family members who are outside Canada applied for a visitor visa, is it true that they will be blocked? Or is there a chance for them to be granted a visitor visa?
The chances of a TRV being approved are extremely low due to your refugee claim. However they can certainly try.

Reactions: Mancini

chidibav

Apr 22, 2023
Submitted- August 1st
AOC-August 2nd
Medicals-August 7th
Biometric and Seizure- August 17
Background check-August 23
Eligibility interview and b- September

Reactions: Mancini

chidibav

Apr 22, 2023