+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee/Asylum Claimants 2023 Timeline

Bbbbbb96

Mar 20, 2023
Hello, can someone point me to a post or thread explaining the process from start to finish? At what point is the case worker assigned and your benefits/options offered?

SinDarella41

Jul 17, 2023
Hello, can someone point me to a post or thread explaining the process from start to finish? At what point is the case worker assigned and your benefits/options offered?
Hi There...

The process is available on the Canada immigration website which guides you step by step :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/claim-protection-inside-canada.html

Please feel free to write here.. i recently filed mine and now waiting for the hearing date.

Nyathira

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Category........
Other
-BOC submitted:11 nov 2022
-Medicals: 12 nov 2022
-Bio-metrics and notice of seizure: 16th nov 2022
-Medicals updated results : 24 nov 2022
-bio-metrics updated: 30th nov 2022
-Eligibility interview: 8th dec 2022
-IRB referral: 13th dec 2022
-Work permit issued on: 15th jan 2023
-forwarded my evidence to IRB 1st March 2023
-hearing 17th July 2023
-Nod on 14th of August conventional refugee
Done in Vancouver
I did the process without a lawyer, I give all the glory to God for everything

I wasted about 4months putting together my evidence, I met someone in this forum who really helped me a lot and gave me so many insights into the process thank you so much @Simba112 , I will forever be indebted.
To everyone else be encouraged you can do it. Especially the ones who have gone without counsel its possible, have enough evidence.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
-hearing 17th July 2023
Done in Vancouver

I wasted about 4months putting together my evidence, I met someone in this forum who really helped me a lot and gave me so many insights into the process thank you so much @Simba112 , I will forever be indebted.
To everyone else be encouraged you can do it. Especially the ones who have gone without counsel its possible, have enough evidence.
Congrats Nyathira...You turn around everything within 9months. Apply your PR as soon as you can,

SinDarella41

Jul 17, 2023
-hearing 17th July 2023
Done in Vancouver

Hey I recently received my brown envelope and was asked to collect all the evidences and keep them ready to submit. I have everything as a soft copy. is it enough or do we need to submit anything in person ?? [sorry to ask coz all my documents are in softcopies and the originals were destroyed due to an incident].

Nyathira

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Category........
Other
Hey I recently received my brown envelope and was asked to collect all the evidences and keep them ready to submit. I have everything as a soft copy. is it enough or do we need to submit anything in person ?? [sorry to ask coz all my documents are in softcopies and the originals were destroyed due to an incident].
Do you have a lawyer or not? if not then they have an email that you can submit to it doesn't need to be a hard copy. I printed out my documents and had a hard copy because I wanted evidence on my end that I submitted that was my reason plus I also had a very hard time paginating my document and indexing it on soft so it was very practical for me to do a hard copy. 10 days before my hearing I added one document I had to submit in soft which was very straightforward.

SinDarella41

Jul 17, 2023
Do you have a lawyer or not? if not then they have an email that you can submit to it doesn't need to be a hard copy. I printed out my documents and had a hard copy because I wanted evidence on my end that I submitted that was my reason plus I also had a very hard time paginating my document and indexing it on soft so it was very practical for me to do a hard copy. 10 days before my hearing I added one document I had to submit in soft which was very straightforward.

No Lawyer - so far I have done everything on my own. I tried to legal aid but no luck. I will keep an eye out for the email - Thank you and all da best to you :)

Nyathira

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Category........
Other
No Lawyer - so far I have done everything on my own. I tried to legal aid but no luck. I will keep an eye out for the email - Thank you and all da best to you :)
its usually on the brown paper documents depending on the region

Morale

Apr 6, 2023
Hey! Thank you for keeping this thread active!

I was wondering if there are any 2023 claimants who have already started received communications from irb (Less complex letter, hearing date,…) If yes please share your timeline with us and office of claim.

I suppose by now most if not all of the early 2023 claimants (Jan to May) have already received their brown papers

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
Anybody with a recent eligibility interview or work permit, please share your timeline. Thanks

Hye1234

May 8, 2023
Hye I applied for social assistance in 14 August and now it’s stuck on the 3rd stage which is “in progress” the file is not granted automatically and now it’s in local office.
Anyone know when i’ll get response?

Aug 23, 2023
Muhammad Zeeshan

11 Dec. 1982

C 102 Saudagaran.C.H.S Shah Faisal

Karachi,Sindh,Pakistan 7500

zee8894463@gmail.com

+923003644988

Dear: Sir/Madam

I hope this letter finds you in good health and spirits. I am writing to you today to share my heartfelt story and express my deep concerns about the challenging situation in my home country, Pakistan. As a devoted parent and the head of a family of six family members, I am deeply committed to securing a brighter future for my beloved family.

Allow me to introduce my family members briefly:

• Sajida Zeeshan: 01 Jan. 1983
My caring and supportive spouse has been my pillar of strength, standing with me through the trials and tribulations of life. We share the dream of providing the best opportunities for our children and ensuring their happiness.

• Yumna Zeeshan: 26 May. 2004 (F)
  • Maryam Zeeshan 17 Aug. 2007(F)
  • Aiman Zeeshan 12 Dec. 2009 (F)
  • Burhan Zeeshan 19 Mar 2011 (M)
  • Sineen Zeeshan 27a Sep 2022 (F)
I am blessed with five wonderful children, each with their unique talents and aspirations. Their education and well-being are my top priorities. I dream of seeing them grow into successful and compassionate individuals who contribute positively to society.

Together, we have faced the brunt of the economic crises that have plagued Pakistan, making it increasingly difficult to provide a stable and secure environment for our loved ones. The uncertainty in our nation has instilled a sense of worry and anxiety in our daily lives.

The education and well-being of my children hold paramount importance for me. I wish to provide them with opportunities and experiences that will allow them to grow into capable, confident, and compassionate individuals. Regrettably, the current circumstances hinder us from fulfilling this vision for their future.

After much contemplation and consideration, I have come to the difficult decision of exploring the possibility of relocating to a European country or Canada. I firmly believe that such a move would offer my family the chance to thrive in an environment that values education, stability, and growth. My children's education and their dreams are at the core of this decision.

I assure you that I am prepared to embrace any challenges that may come with this transition. I am eager to contribute to the chosen European country or Canada, respect its laws, and be an active participant in its society. My professional background and dedication make me capable of seeking employment opportunities within any Government institution or NGO, where I can make a positive impact on the community.

In closing, I humbly request your guidance and support in this pursuit. Any advice or assistance you can provide would be deeply appreciated. I am open to discussing further details and sharing more about my qualifications and aspirations.

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter and considering my family's situation. I eagerly await your response and hope for a positive outcome.

Sincerely,

Muhammad Zeeshan and Family

chidibav

Apr 22, 2023
Guys I have a worry, I submitted my BOC on the 16 of August, received my AOC on the 18, however it didn't come with medical request whereas 3 other guys who I submitted before them are telling me they have received their medical request alongside their AOC. In the medical exam status it shows reviewing the results of your medical exam. I did a medical exam for a previous application 3 months ago don't know if the will use that, has anybody encountered such a situation before