+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

jj0502

Nov 4, 2015
You can only use a channeler if you're a US citizen or PR.
Hey del i am pnp o candidate my file is at NDVO.

I received my gcms notes and the agent has commented that " agent review require for referrence letter because duties does not match with noc"

I got my nomination with same referrence letter and OINP asked me about pay slip and form 16 when my file was processing under. OINP but they dont have any query regarding my referrence letter.

So what are my chances of getting a pr?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey del i am pnp o candidate my file is at NDVO.

I received my gcms notes and the agent has commented that " agent review require for referrence letter because duties does not match with noc"

I got my nomination with same referrence letter and OINP asked me about pay slip and form 16 when my file was processing under. OINP but they dont have any query regarding my referrence letter.

So what are my chances of getting a pr?
If your duties truly do not match the NOC chosen then I reckon you're in trouble.

jj0502

Nov 4, 2015
hey guys,

so my application got rejected. on the basis of this

I work for starbucks as a shift supervisor so i assume my NOC is 6311 which is food service supervisor. However I knew another supervisor applying through 6211 as retail supervisor. From what I'm getting is that I applied the wrong NOC ? Also the company does not provided job description. I had to pull it from the database and attached this with my Letter of Employment.

please help me elders :(:(:(:(
Are u cec, pnp or fsw?

jdCanadian

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Hi jdCanadian,
I know you didn't direct your question to me but, for purposes of the police clearance certificates validity dates for Express Entry, "short visit" and "stay" mean the same things. People assume that, because they weren't 'living' there, they were just 'visiting', it doesn't count, but it does. The point is that, if you go back to a country even for 1 hour after you get the PCC, the results of your PCC aren't complete (because they don't cover that 1 hour) - you could have committed a crime in that 1 hour of visiting, and the PCC wouldn't reveal it, so it's not valid.

Therefore (unless you're currently living in that Country, in which case the rule is that the PCC just needs to be less than 6 months old), if you went back to a country for a short visit after the PCC was issued, it's invalid and you may have issues with your application if IRCC realizes this.

There are some people on this forum, though, who state that, if you already submitted your eAPR and received AOR, then it is fine, as IRCC wouldn't expect you to now either stop travelling until your PR is approved, or get a new PCC after submitting your application...I don't know how true this is though...
Thanks for responding, crescent_jam. I totally agree --infact I'm amazed older PCCs are accepted by CIC because investigations could reveal crimes many years after a person's left the country. It's obviously convenient and saves money and time for law-abiding people, but this flexibility is a little short-sighted. Perhaps those kind of cases are so rare that CIC is willing to accept that risk. Anyway, just wanted to know how CIC categorizes short visits. Thanks for summarizing what you've read on the forum. Much appreciated!

jdCanadian

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Hi jdCanadian,
I know you didn't direct your question to me but, for purposes of the police clearance certificates validity dates for Express Entry, "short visit" and "stay" mean the same things. People assume that, because they weren't 'living' there, they were just 'visiting', it doesn't count, but it does. The point is that, if you go back to a country even for 1 hour after you get the PCC, the results of your PCC aren't complete (because they don't cover that 1 hour) - you could have committed a crime in that 1 hour of visiting, and the PCC wouldn't reveal it, so it's not valid.

Therefore (unless you're currently living in that Country, in which case the rule is that the PCC just needs to be less than 6 months old), if you went back to a country for a short visit after the PCC was issued, it's invalid and you may have issues with your application if IRCC realizes this.

There are some people on this forum, though, who state that, if you already submitted your eAPR and received AOR, then it is fine, as IRCC wouldn't expect you to now either stop travelling until your PR is approved, or get a new PCC after submitting your application...I don't know how true this is though...
Thanks for responding, crescent_jam. I totally agree --infact I'm amazed older PCCs are accepted by CIC because investigations could reveal crimes many years after a person's left the country. It's obviously convenient and saves money and time for law-abiding people, but this flexibility is a little short-sighted. Perhaps those kind of cases are so rare that CIC is willing to accept that risk. Anyway, just wanted to know how CIC categorizes short visits. Thanks for summarizing what you've read on the forum. Much appreciated!
Just saw this message on another thread while looking for something else:
Hi Legalfalcon,

In the past few days I have contacted CIC and was informed by three reps that if the PCC is under 6 months its valid even if it was received before leaving a country. They basically read out the following and said that it is the information that they were instructed to provide,

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.
Any thoughts on this??

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Just saw this message on another thread while looking for something else:
Hmmm...that's interesting...I wonder how true that is, or, more importantly how uniformly that rule is being applied.

My sister's first application was cancelled for submitting an old FBI PCC that was less than 6 months old but had been 'invalidated' by a 4-day trip we took to visit my other sister in Florida. And that was along with a letter of explanation and proof that she had actually requested a new FBI report and it just hadn't arrived yet... my concern is always with how the individual Immigration Officer will apply the rule/policy...

Reactions: ayokunle84

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Quick question, sa_1415, about the police certificate. I'm in a similar position. I flew into the country and stayed briefly (less than a month) but it was a couple of months after my last police check. I'm trying to determine if this short visit will also qualify as "after you last lived in that country". So to that end, was your last entry to Sweden a short visit or stay? Thanks.

Yes, IMO. This visit might count and you might have to get a new PCC from that country.

Reactions: jdCanadian

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Members,

@Wandering Mind, @BillHyatt and all valuable members, we are hearing rejection, has any passed through yet ?
Please update if any, with respective time lines.
Most of the people getting rejections have made mistakes that I have already mentioned in the following post:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-e-apr-process-and-common-reasons-for-rejection.510587/

Everyone should take a look at this before applying to save time and avoid rejections on these ground.

I have seen PPR for PNP April AOR, and many from FSW getting PPR in even 20-30 days.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
hey guys,

so my application got rejected. on the basis of this

Sorry to hear about the refusal. IS the content of the blue box the actual letter you received? (Asking 'cause it looks like it could have been copied from someone else's post, and you're only using it as an example).

I work for starbucks as a shift supervisor so i assume my NOC is 6311 which is food service supervisor. However I knew another supervisor applying through 6211 as retail supervisor. From what I'm getting is that I applied the wrong NOC ?

Either the wrong NOC, or a very poor job description that did not align with the NOC job description.

Also the company does not provided job description. I had to pull it from the database and attached this with my Letter of Employment.

Well, this could be part of the problem. The job duties and responsibilities are supposed to be part of the letter of reference, attested by the person signing the letter. Merely attaching a webpage is not the same level of "proof." If you absolutely cannot give what IRCC asks for, you need to provide a letter of explanation ("my supervisor refused...") along with evidence supporting that explanation (example, refusal in an email, written company policy).

Yeah, poorly written job description (for this purpose); I glazed over after the 3rd "duty". You need to clarify the 5-10 most important duties, and most importantly, you are claiming a supervisory position, so you need to highlight the supervisory duties.

For example, look at how this job description is written on JobBank (with NOC 6311 specified).

https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/jobsearch/jobposting/24640033

jdCanadian

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Hmmm...that's interesting...I wonder how true that is, or, more importantly how uniformly that rule is being applied.

My sister's first application was cancelled for submitting an old FBI PCC that was less than 6 months old but had been 'invalidated' by a 4-day trip we took to visit my other sister in Florida. And that was along with a letter of explanation and proof that she had actually requested a new FBI report and it just hadn't arrived yet... my concern is always with how the individual Immigration Officer will apply the rule/policy...
Agreed.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
@BillHyatt, @Wandering Mind
# i have got a pcc from india last month n then my spouse visited india on an emergency fr 2 days, wil i need a new pcc fr her, or the previous one could be fine
#am a indian citizen.
The rule states that for the country of residence or if you received your PCC before leaving the country it should be issued within the last 6 months. However, in reality, this doesn't hold true and analyst has rejected many applications on this ground of PCC not covering all dates of stay.

Experts have indicated that you should cover all dates, and should renew your PCC if you have re-visited the country. It is the discretion of Criminality Check department to call for new PCC anytime.

In conclusion, despite rule allows you to visit your country of citizenship without the need of renewing PCC but it will be the decision of analyst to accept or reject applications.

I hope this will help.

Reactions: ultimateenergy