+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

Carly44

May 28, 2017
What is your NOC code and your job duties? If you provide it, it might be more helpful for me or others in this forum to give you our thoughts. I think you should just resend your family information. If you are in IP2, you probably shouldn't worry too much, since they would have already assessed your work history etc.
What is your NOC code and your job duties? If you provide it, it might be more helpful for me or others in this forum to give you our thoughts. I think you should just resend your family information. If you are in IP2, you probably shouldn't worry too much, since they would have already assessed your work history etc.
Thanks for ur reply and help :)
My status went from Were processing your bg check > NA. Then they requested family.

The letter said: we have begun processing your application, to make a decision we require the following..Family information doc

Iam applying under NOC code 1222 Executive Assistant.

Coordinate daily office and other administrative activities. Ensure day-to-day administration for the office is provided for all Operation staff

· Provide executive support to the COO including answering calls, opening, answering and screening/distributing mail

· Deal with all internal services, including utilities, supplies, repairs and security

· Expense reports for Executives

· Order and controlling all office supplies, maintaining and stocking stationery inventories.

· Travel, Domestic and International inc hotel bookings for COO and Executive Team

· Provide excellent customer service through the professional completion of reception duties including answering incoming calls, greeting clients and visitors, booking, setting and clearing meeting rooms

· Help and Coordinate all Office Moves

· Support IRC administrative activities

· Diary Management for Operations COO- Booking meetings both internally and externally

· Liasing with external clients

· Filing/scanning and uploading all dealer agreements to sharepoint
Minute taking
Extensive document writing for executive teams as well as high attention to detail
Projrct management & ownership with the highest level of confidentiality

Thanks

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
Thanks for ur reply and help :)
My status went from Were processing your bg check > NA. Then they requested family.

The letter said: we have begun processing your application, to make a decision we require the following..Family information doc

Iam applying under NOC code 1222 Executive Assistant.

Coordinate daily office and other administrative activities. Ensure day-to-day administration for the office is provided for all Operation staff

· Provide executive support to the COO including answering calls, opening, answering and screening/distributing mail

· Deal with all internal services, including utilities, supplies, repairs and security

· Expense reports for Executives

· Order and controlling all office supplies, maintaining and stocking stationery inventories.

· Travel, Domestic and International inc hotel bookings for COO and Executive Team

· Provide excellent customer service through the professional completion of reception duties including answering incoming calls, greeting clients and visitors, booking, setting and clearing meeting rooms

· Help and Coordinate all Office Moves

· Support IRC administrative activities

· Diary Management for Operations COO- Booking meetings both internally and externally

· Liasing with external clients

· Filing/scanning and uploading all dealer agreements to sharepoint
Minute taking
Extensive document writing for executive teams as well as high attention to detail
Projrct management & ownership with the highest level of confidentiality

Thanks
From what I see, I don't think you'd have any issues with regards your NOC as long as all the duties/salary/dates were given on the reference letter were included. My letters had only 4 maybe 5 duties and responsibilities and it was approved. Although the NOC duties on the CIC website seem to be more in line with large corporations or governments, I think it would still work for smaller organizations. You should expect a PPR soon enough!!

Reactions: Tomi2 and Carly44

usijan

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Dear Members,

I have provided the below with regards to translation of my Marriage Certificate from my native language to English:

- *Affidavit from the legal translator (since its not been done by a translator in Canada);
- *English Translation on the letter head duly signed and stamped by the legal translator;and
- Original Marriage Certificate attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

*Since I am in U.A.E. the legal translations do not require notarisation, as all the translators are sworn translators.

I have not provided any certified copy (by the translator) of the original Marriage Certificate since I am providing the scan of the original document.Could it be a reason for rejection, provided that I have been married for 14 years and all of my spouse's documents (passport, National Identity Card etc..) have my name as her husband.

love4immigration

Jan 26, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted my application yesterday and I have work ex for two companies and both companies I have complete docs in pdf and I had uploaded them but now when I see the list I see docs uploaded are swapped like this
comp1-doc2
comp2-doc1

I'm worried wat to do?All my documents are complete and in compliance with cic rule. Will this cause any issue in my application.

Colonial

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Hello Members,

Any one ☝ done ✅ with there application process successfully?
@billhyat and WanderingMind, any updates from you guyz..

Kestrel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Hi experts @BillHyatt @Wandering Mind
My first AoR got rejected as I had not submitted a PCC for Dubai - My total duration in Dubai over a couple of years was 7 months. This was ten years back in 2006-2007. I applied for another ITA and got one in September. I had travelled to Dubai on a visit visa. I emailed at the address given on the cic website and got a reply from Dubai Police that they do not issue PCC on a visit visa, it's only on a resident visa. I also visited the UAE embassy in my country and they said the same thing and also replied the same on email. I attached both these email replies on my LoE for Dubai PCC. I explained in the LoE that I tried my best possible to get a Dubai PCC but couldn't. I submitted my application on 10 Oct. I am now worried if this would cause any problems in my PR application? Please advice.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi experts @BillHyatt @Wandering Mind
My first AoR got rejected as I had not submitted a PCC for Dubai - My total duration in Dubai over a couple of years was 7 months. This was ten years back in 2006-2007. I applied for another ITA and got one in September. I had travelled to Dubai on a visit visa. I emailed at the address given on the cic website and got a reply from Dubai Police that they do not issue PCC on a visit visa, it's only on a resident visa. I also visited the UAE embassy in my country and they said the same thing and also replied the same on email. I attached both these email replies on my LoE for Dubai PCC. I explained in the LoE that I tried my best possible to get a Dubai PCC but couldn't. I submitted my application on 10 Oct. I am now worried if this would cause any problems in my PR application? Please advice.
You have done the right thing by pointing this out in LOE and now analyst will either Pass your Criminality or tell you what is needed to be done.

Meanwhile, I will appreciate to update me on this issue once your Criminality is Pass or you hear something on this. I already have few others in same situation therefore it will help.

Good Luck.

shaheersinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
16th Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
No request
Med's Request
29th May 2016
Med's Done....
6th May 2016
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
25th July 2016
LANDED..........
Scheduled on 12th Aug
Can anyone update the list of rejections on the front page of this thread ? Please.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
@BillHyatt I got an email from cic that they have started processing my background and need some documents, below is the exact wording:

"Court record / Police report: Provide an original police report or court records. Please provide an explanation of the events surrounding the charge indicated on your RCMP Clearance. Also, please submit all police reports and court records associated to this charge. This must be received at this office by: 2017/10/18"

My husband was accused with assault with weapon and verbal threats. He was in an argument with one his friends which ended in a fight. The charges later were withdrawn in Jan 2015 and RCMP indicates the same thing. We have managed to get the court record from the respective court with their attestation/certified stamp on it. We tried to speak with the police and they said the police report will take 30 days for processing. We anyhow have sent the draft and mailed the form they need for the process. I have a concern here, based on the above wording do you think just court record/ court order will suffice or we need to get an extension so that we can submit the police report as well.

Please suggest

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Can anyone update the list of rejections on the front page of this thread ? Please.
There are other 'Reasons for Rejection' threads on this forum with more exhaustive summaries (examples: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/reasons-for-rejection-faraz-summary.471670/; http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-e-apr-process-and-common-reasons-for-rejection.510587/)

But this is a summary I've put together based on some of the accidents/misunderstandings I've seen on this forum that have resulted in applications being rejected. (This list isn't exhaustive though, and it doesn't consider rejection due to purposeful misrepresentation).

Police Clearance Certificates Issues (seems to be the most common reason): [IMPACTS CRIMINALITY ASSESSMENT?]
  • PCC wasn't scanned in colour (colour scan should be used, even if original PCC is issued in black and white)
  • PCC doesn't cover all dates applicant was in country (PCC was issued before applicant departed country, or applicant went back for a short visit after PCC is issued thereby invalidating PCC)
  • Required PCC is missing (you should provide PCCs for all countries you've been in (visited and lived) cumulatively for 6 months or more, SINCE YOU WERE 18-years-old, NOT only in the last 10 years)
  • Submitting Australian PCC without accompanying Traffic History Report
  • Not submitting 'Consent to Disclosure of Information' form for New Zealand PCC
  • For some countries, like India and Pakistan I think, submitting PCC for only one state or address, instead of obtaining federal PCC (for India, I think you're advised to obtain your PCC through PSK, to ensure everything is covered)
  • Not indicating {by correspondence} on distance learning educational qualifications, thereby leading IRCC to think you were physically in the issuing institution's country for studies, and didn't submit a PCC for it
  • Not providing a Letter of Explanation (LOE) along with supporting evidence (e.g. copies of applications, receipts, and delivery notices) to explain why outstanding PCCs are not included in the application
  • Having a criminal history/arrests/convictions that makes one criminally inadmissible (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
Medical Exam Issues: [IMPACTS MEDICAL ADMISSABILITY ASSESSMENT?]
  • Medical Exam reveals condition that makes one inadmissible to Canada for PR (poses risk to Canadian health, or would place too much of a financial burden on Canadian Health System) (I think you're generally presented with a procedural fairness letter and given a chance to argue your case, in situations like this, before a rejection comes).
Education Issues: [IMPACTS ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT?]
  • Submitting your ECA Report under the 'Proof of Education' Section but not the copy of your Degree/Diploma. Conversely, submitting only the copy of the Degree/Diploma but not the accompanying ECA Report (even though IRCC doesn't actually ask for the ECA report in documents to be submitted)
  • Accidentally misrepresenting your 'highest education level' and claiming more points for Education than you should have, resulting in the issuance of an ITA when your 'true' CRS score wasn't actually high enough to be issued one (e.g. claiming "Two or more certificates, diplomas, degrees..." because you have 2 Bachelor's Degrees , when your ECA summary only evaluated your 2 Degrees as equivalent to one Canadian Bachelor's Degree) [In this case, your application is rejected due to lack of eligibility (not meeting the CRS cut-off), NOT because of 'misrepresentation']
Offer of Employment in Canada Issues: [IMPACTS ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT?]
  • Expiration of Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to support job offer
Work Experience Issues: [IMPACTS ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT?]
  • IRCC isn't convinced stated job duties/responsibilities match selected NOC Code
  • IRCC isn't convinced work experience is real/legitimate (maybe work reference letters weren't issued on letterhead, or IRCC was unable to verify existence of Company, especially if the Company no longer exists) (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
  • IRCC isn't convinced work experience claimed was full-time and continuous and/or for as many years as the applicant claimed (maybe because reference letter was missing some required information such as effective dates of employment, or confirmation of full-time status) (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
Proof of Funds Issues: [IMPACTS ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT?]
(I've seen accounts of being rejected for Proof of Funds Issues, but never seen a clear reason as to what the real problem was, resulting in the rejection):
  • Exchange Rate fluctuations bring claimed settlement fund amount below threshold (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
  • IRCC isn't convinced of legitimacy of proof of funds (maybe the letters weren't on letterhead, or applicant could only provide unendorsed online statements???) (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
  • IRCC doesn't accept some funds as appropriate to claim as settlement funds (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
Travel Document Issues: [IMPACTS COMPLETENESS CHECK?]
  • Scans of passport bio and stamped pages is missing or incomplete (missing a stamp for one of the travel dates indicated in Travel History, without explanation)
Other Issues: [IMPACTS COMPLETENESS CHECK?]
  • Failure to upload the original document as well as the translated document, for documents not in English or French
  • Using a Scanning or 'PDF' service, in uploading files, that results in files not in keeping with the approved file format, or that IRCC can't open

Last edited:

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
There are other 'Reasons for Rejection' threads on this forum with more exhaustive summaries (example: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/reasons-for-rejection-faraz-summary.471670/)

But this is a summary I've put together based on some of the things I've seen on this thread (It's not exhaustive though).

Police Clearance Certificates Issues (seems to be the most common reason):
  • PCC wasn't scanned in colour (colour scan should be used, even if original PCC is issued in black and white)
  • PCC doesn't cover all dates applicant was in country (PCC was issued before applicant departed country, or applicant went back for a short visit after PCC is issued, invalidating PCC)
  • Required PCC is missing (should provide all PCCs for countries you've been in (visited and lived) cumulatively for 6 months or more, SINCE YOU WERE 18-years-old, NOT only in the last 10 years)
  • Submitting Australian PCC without accompanying Traffic History Report
  • Not submitting 'Consent to Disclosure of Information' form for New Zealand PCC
  • For some countries, like India I think, submitting PCC for only one state or address, instead of obtaining federal PCC (for India, I think you're advised to obtain your PCC through PSK, to ensure everything is covered)
  • Not indicating {by correspondence} on distance learning educational qualifications, thereby leading IRCC to think you were in the issuing institution's country for studies and didn't submit a PCC for it
Education Issues:
  • Submitting your ECA Report under the Educational proof but not the copy of the Degree/Diploma). Conversely, submitting only the Copy of the Degree/Diploma but not the accompanying ECA Report (even though IRCC doesn't actually ask for the ECA report in documents to be submitted)
  • Misinterpreting 'highest education attained by Canadian standards' and claiming more points for Education than you should have, resulting in the issuance of an ITA when your 'true' CRS score wasn't actually high enough to be issued one (e.g. claiming two Bachelor's Degrees or 1 Bachelor's Degree and 1 Master's Degree, when your ECA report only evaluated your 2 Degrees as equivalent to one Canadian Bachelor's Degree)
Offer of Employment in Canada:
  • Expiration of Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to support job offer
Work Experience Issues:
  • IRCC isn't convinced stated job duties/responsibilities match selected NOC Code
  • IRCC isn't convinced work experience is real/legitimate (maybe work reference letters weren't issued on letterhead, or inability to verify existence of Company) (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
  • IRCC isn't convinced work experience claimed was full-time and continuous for at least a year (maybe because reference letter was missing some required information such as effective dates of employment, or confirmation of full-time status) (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
Medical Exam:
  • Medical Exam reveals condition that makes one inadmissible to Canada for PR (poses risk to Canadian health, or would place too much of a financial burden on Canadian Health System)
Proof of Funds:
  • Exchange Rate fluctuations bring claimed settlement fund amount below threshold
  • IRCC isn't convinced of legitimacy of proof of funds (maybe the letters weren't on letterhead, or candidate could only provide unendorsed online statements???) (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
  • IRCC doesn't accept some funds as appropriate to claim as settlement funds (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
Travel Document Issues:
  • Scans of passport bio and stamped pages is missing or incomplete (missing a stamp for one of the travel dates indicated in Travel History, without explanation)
Other Issues:
  • Failure to upload the original document as well as the translated document, for documents not in English or French
  • Criminal history/arrests/convictions making one criminally inadmissible (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
For passport biodata page scan.. It should be just the current valid passport of previous passports as well?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
For passport biodata page scan.. It should be just the current valid passport of previous passports as well?
You're only required to upload your current valid passport but some people choose to upload pages from both the current and previous passport as well, if their current passport is relatively new and most of the travel stamps that correspond to the information in their application's Travel History is in the previous passport. I uploaded both, but I included a 'delineation' page to properly mark which pages were from my current passport, and which ones were from my previous, expired passport.

Reactions: hirasalam

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
You're only required to upload your current valid passport but some people choose to upload pages from both the current and previous passport as well, if their current passport is relatively new and most of the travel stamps that correspond to the information in their application's Travel History is in the previous passport. I uploaded both, but I included a 'delineation' page to properly mark which pages were from my current passport, and which ones were from my previous, expired passport.
Okay, thanks a lot. :)