+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

cgms1231

Mar 28, 2017
Oh dear, I'm sorry :( Hopefully it's an error on IRCC's part. Proof of funds is my biggest worry regarding my application because it seems to be such a complicated matter (fluctuating exchange rates, and what constitutes VALID proof of funds, and how much about your financial profile you have to disclose, etc. etc.)...

If you don't mind providing more information, because I know finances are a highly personal matter...

When you say 'compute' are you talking about converting the amount you claimed to Canadian dollars? If so, what currency are your funds currently in, and what conversion rate did you use?

Also, what types of funds did you claim for settlement funds...perhaps the issue was that one of them wasn't a valid form of settlement funds and the other valid forms didn't add up to more than CAD$12,000 (e.g. did you use ownership in real estate to satisfy any part of the settlement funds)?

Also, did you disclose any outstanding loans the value of which IRCC might have subtracted from the asset value you claimed?
As of end-July (I submitted my application on the first week of August), I have USD 12,600 in one of my savings account and PHP 300,000 (savings account + equity trading account). For the outstanding debt, I have around PHP 200,000 credit card balance.

I am really worried about the exchange rate fluctuation, because as of now, it appears that I only have more than CAD15,000, which is just enough for a family of two. But if they will use the exchange rate last month, I would have CAD 19,000.

I already sent an appeal via CSE and they've replied two weeks ago that they've sent it to the responsible office. It just frustrates me everytime I check the exchange rate and see that the CAD appreciated again!

cgms1231

Mar 28, 2017
Canadian dollar recently appreciated a little bit (USDCAD conversion rate went up from 0.75 to 0.82 or so). Which currency do you have and how much do you have? If you don't mind me ask.

As of end-July (I submitted my application on the first week of August), I have USD 12,600 in one of my savings account and PHP 300,000 (savings account + equity trading account). For the outstanding debt, I have around PHP 200,000 credit card balance.

I am really worried about the exchange rate fluctuation, because as of now, it appears that I only have more than CAD15,000, which is just enough for a family of two. But if they will use the exchange rate last month, I would have CAD 19,000.

I already sent an appeal via CSE and they've replied two weeks ago that they've sent it to the responsible office. It just frustrates me everytime I check the exchange rate and see that the CAD appreciated again!

andyding13

Feb 11, 2017

I think exchange rate could be the problem. Unfortunately (or should I say fortunately for Canadians?), Bank of Canada raised interest rate, which caused the appreciation.

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Hello everyone!

I received a rejection letter from CIC, saying that my current account balance is not enough to support a family of two (which should be more than CAD 15,000). It is also indicated that in their computation, I only have more than CAD 12,000.

I am a bit confused because when I compute it myself, I am getting CAD 19,000, which should be enough. Now I wonder if I can request for an appeal or recomputation or if I should just submit an EE profile again (CRS is 433).
CIC do make a lot of mistake. First hand experience. If you are certain that the amount you have showed with document raise a CSE asap. They will overturn it within a month.

cgms1231

Mar 28, 2017
I think exchange rate could be the problem. Unfortunately (or should I say fortunately for Canadians?), Bank of Canada raised interest rate, which caused the appreciation.
But the exchange rate applicable for this is the rate when I submitted my application, right? Having USD 12,600 should be more than enough.

cgms1231

Mar 28, 2017
CIC do make a lot of mistake. First hand experience. If you are certain that the amount you have showed with document raise a CSE asap. They will overturn it within a month.
I really hope they will overturn it. I already raised a CSE and I am still waiting for their response. I thought it was a hopeless case. Nice to know that they try to correct mistakes like this. Thank you so much!

Kestrel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Hi experts,
Need your help. My first ITA application got rejected due to PCC. Am getting them now. In the first application I mentioned my spouse work experience as freelance. However, in the new application, (received my 2nd ITA on 6 sept) am thinking to remove it and add this in the personal history section. And don't put anything under spouse work experience to keep things simple as I am not claiming any points. Should I do that? Please help.

usijan

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Hello everyone!

I received a rejection letter from CIC, saying that my current account balance is not enough to support a family of two (which should be more than CAD 15,000). It is also indicated that in their computation, I only have more than CAD 12,000.

I am a bit confused because when I compute it myself, I am getting CAD 19,000, which should be enough. Now I wonder if I can request for an appeal or recomputation or if I should just submit an EE profile again (CRS is 433).
Hi,

Sorry to hear that, You have mentioned that you have PHP 300,000 (savings account + equity trading account), Is it possible that they have not included the amount in your equity trading account?

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Hi experts,
Need your help. My first ITA application got rejected due to PCC. Am getting them now. In the first application I mentioned my spouse work experience as freelance. However, in the new application, (received my 2nd ITA on 6 sept) am thinking to remove it and add this in the personal history section. And don't put anything under spouse work experience to keep things simple as I am not claiming any points. Should I do that? Please help.
Yap that is fine. As it is a new application and you are not claiming points so it should be fine as long as it is in the personal history section.

motobunny

Jul 26, 2016
hey guys,

so my application got rejected. on the basis of this
Your application was assessed based on the occupation which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: Shift Supervisor from July 20, 2015, declared as National Occupational Classification (“NOC”) 6311 – Food service supervisors. I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement because based on the letter of employment you submitted from Starbucks Coffee Company (dated: May 18, 2017), you do not meet R87.1(2) (a), (b), and (c). I am not satisfied that during your period of employment at Starbucks Coffee Company you performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation of Food service supervisors as set out in the NOC 6311. In addition, based on the evidence you have provided, I am not satisfied that you have performed a substantial number of the main duties of Food service supervisors as set out in the NOC 6311. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you have performed at least one year of your declared full-time work experience within Canada under Skill Level B of the NOC 6311 as stated in your Express Entry profile
I work for starbucks as a shift supervisor so i assume my NOC is 6311 which is food service supervisor. However I knew another supervisor applying through 6211 as retail supervisor. From what I'm getting is that I applied the wrong NOC ? Also the company does not provided job description. I had to pull it from the database and attached this with my Letter of Employment.

please help me elders :(:(:(:(

Kestrel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Hi Experts,
My first ITA was received in June. Our first application was rejected as they wanted my PCC for Dubai and the US.
I received my second ITA on 6 September and have all required documents now.
Dubai does not issue PCC on a visit visa. My total stay in Dubai was 7 months - over a period of two years. I have an email from Dubai Police saying that they don't issue PCC on visit visas.
My total stay in the US was only 95 days (just a little over 3 months). I have submitted the form for FBI and have the receipt.
My question is now should I wait till the end of the application deadline i.e. 6 Dec and then submit my documents or should I go ahead and submit everything now? My PCC for other countries will expire if I wait till December - These are valid till 16 October.
Please advice.

jdCanadian

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
... (police certificate was not after my last visit to Sweden which I studied there) ...
Quick question, sa_1415, about the police certificate. I'm in a similar position. I flew into the country and stayed briefly (less than a month) but it was a couple of months after my last police check. I'm trying to determine if this short visit will also qualify as "after you last lived in that country". So to that end, was your last entry to Sweden a short visit or stay? Thanks.

kranti

Oct 1, 2017
Hi

I have a query regarding ECA. My graduations semester transcripts has my name as "Kranthi" and the final certificate has "Kranti". All my MBA certificates have my name as "Kranthi". My name in passport and all other government documents is "Kranti" . please help me know if this will create problem with the report.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Quick question, sa_1415, about the police certificate. I'm in a similar position. I flew into the country and stayed briefly (less than a month) but it was a couple of months after my last police check. I'm trying to determine if this short visit will also qualify as "after you last lived in that country". So to that end, was your last entry to Sweden a short visit or stay? Thanks.
Hi jdCanadian,
I know you didn't direct your question to me but, for purposes of the police clearance certificates validity dates for Express Entry, "short visit" and "stay" mean the same things. People assume that, because they weren't 'living' there, they were just 'visiting', it doesn't count, but it does. The point is that, if you go back to a country even for 1 hour after you get the PCC, the results of your PCC aren't complete (because they don't cover that 1 hour) - you could have committed a crime in that 1 hour of visiting, and the PCC wouldn't reveal it, so it's not valid.

Therefore (unless you're currently living in that Country, in which case the rule is that the PCC just needs to be less than 6 months old), if you went back to a country for a short visit after the PCC was issued, it's invalid and you may have issues with your application if IRCC realizes this.

There are some people on this forum, though, who state that, if you already submitted your eAPR and received AOR, then it is fine, as IRCC wouldn't expect you to now either stop travelling until your PR is approved, or get a new PCC after submitting your application...I don't know how true this is though...

Last edited:
Reactions: jdCanadian