+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 89th Draw

noname7

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
I'm also thinking of the same thing. 3 week gap happened in January and in March. So there's a possibility, knowing that May has 5 Wednesdays.
If they do that, they will fall way behind in the first two quarters and should make it up in the second half of the year. IRCC got more structured this year with consistent draw sizes and cut offs. I don't see them messing it up now. I am thinking definite two draws in May with a great possibility of a third.

asman199

May 2, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I have a few question regarding what should I enter in Education history section.

let me explain my situation in more details:-

I came to Canada In May 2011 at a collage "Fraser International Collage(FIC)" under program "UTP Stage II Engineering science". Under this program I studied at collage for 1 year and then I transferred to "Simon Fraser University(SFU)" from May 2012 to Sept 2016 where completed my Bachelor's degree. at the end I got my degree from Simon Fraser University.

I already entered and added my studies from SFU into EE Profile. but i have questions about my study at FIC.
So question I have are:

1) Field of study?

2) Standing at the end of study period?
at the end of my study at FIC we got certificates that stated "Successful Completion of UTP II Engineering Science" which option should I choose for this question. Can I choose "Certificate or diploma or degree awarded"

3) Level of education?

4) Was xxxxxxxx awarded a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate for this period of study?
at the end of my study at FIC we got certificates that stated "Successful Completion of UTP II Engineering Science" which option should I choose for this question. Can i choose "Yes".

Thanks Everyone in advance.

Victor123

May 3, 2018
Hello,

Can you please give suggestions on my situation below.

- I am resident of Toronto, Ontario but I work for a company based in Montreal , Quebec.
- I work remotely from Toronto, being resident of Ontario can I apply under Express Entry stream ?

If yes,
In case if i get an ITA, Reference letter from a Quebec company will have any impact on judgement.

Please advise!

Cheers,
Victor

Ares0628

Oct 1, 2017
Hi, I guess I am going to get ITA next round. However, I estimate that I will get COPR in August.
I'm thinking if I can land in CA with working holiday or visiting visa in June before COPR and start to look for jobs and accommodation?

berman

May 3, 2017
Hello,

Can you please give suggestions on my situation below.

- I am resident of Toronto, Ontario but I work for a company based in Montreal , Quebec.
- I work remotely from Toronto, being resident of Ontario can I apply under Express Entry stream ?

If yes,
In case if i get an ITA, Reference letter from a Quebec company will have any impact on judgement.

Please advise!

Cheers,
Victor
I was in the same boat as you are and got my PR (I am a software dev).

You're good if in the experience letter your manager states that you're based of Toronto & you intend to stay in Toronto working remotely in future.

MISSL12

Star Member
May 2, 2018
AOR Received.
21-06-2018
Hi, I guess I am going to get ITA next round. However, I estimate that I will get COPR in August.
I'm thinking if I can land in CA with working holiday or visiting visa in June before COPR and start to look for jobs and accommodation?
Hi! How many points do you have?
I would not recommend you to make plans before you get ITA :)

Reactions: Aarti123

Victor123

May 3, 2018
I was in the same boat as you are and got my PR (I am a software dev).

You're good if in the experience letter your manager states that you're based of Toronto & you intend to stay in Toronto working remotely in future.
Thanks, I will get that done from my HR.

Were there any queries for you, mentioning prior to their ask that you are based of Ontario and will be working remotely in future?
And also did you provided any proof of residence in Ontario in your case?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
May could very well turn out to be a special month. Last year there were 5 draws in the month of May out of which two were PNP and Skilled Trade specific and rest three were for all.

Many applications of 2018 OINP programme are one step away from being nominated. We might have a draw specific to PNP this May too. IMO, we might see more than 2 draws this month and third one being PNP specific.

Reactions: Avengers

karthik t

Jul 30, 2012
Hi guys

Please someone clear my doubt. I have score of 441 which is been updated on May 1,18 because I completed 3 years of work experience in Canada. My question is I started my work in the month of June 2015. So technically its not 3 years but cic updated my points in the May itself. Should i wait or apply if i get ITA in the next draw.
All the best for everyone who is waiting for ITA

Reactions: Hcanada11

devd1986

Dec 8, 2017
Hi guys

Please someone clear my doubt. I have score of 441 which is been updated on May 1,18 because I completed 3 years of work experience in Canada. My question is I started my work in the month of June 2015. So technically its not 3 years but cic updated my points in the May itself. Should i wait or apply if i get ITA in the next draw.
I am also in the same boat. I am going to wait until I complete the exact year. If I will get ITA in next draw I am going to decline it. Based on discussion in https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/got-cec-ita-for-11-months.477383/

Reactions: karthik t

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
Hi guys

No need to decline the ITA if you get it early. Just wait until you actually met the 3 years work experience date and submit the e-APR after that date.

This situation is also going to happen to me in next month. Because I am gaining 4 years work experience in JULY 16, but my score will increase to 436 in JUNE 1.

If I receive ITA in JUNE, I will not submit e-APR before JULY 16, but I will submit the e-APR after JULY 16.:)

This is from CIC:

At the time of the e-APR, processing officers should compare both CRS scores to determine which of the following scenarios should be applied:

• If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is equal to or higher than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application will not be refused under section A11.2, as long as the applicant’s supporting documentation corroborates their claims and they continue to meet the MEC for Express Entry, including the requirements of the program to which they were invited to apply.
  • If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is lower than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application should be refused under section A11.2 for not having maintained the qualifications that would justify the ITA.

Ares0628

Oct 1, 2017
Hi! How many points do you have?
I would not recommend you to make plans before you get ITA :)
I just increased the point to 462 due to 3 years of working experience. I'm preparing all documents required and getting them ready before ITA. How many days does it take from e-AOP to COPR?
(Indeed, I'm a bit worry that there will some unexpected results.)