+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got CEC ITA for 11 months

chonji1226

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Hi all,

I got an ITA because my score suddenly increased. I was not expecting it. I started my work here April last year and I was expecting my score NOT to increase until next month.

So I was really surprised when I got an invitation under CEC. I reviewed my profile and it still says there April 2016 was my start of work here in Canada.

I'm confused why my score suddenly increased and got CEC invite.

I read in another thread that I have to decline this invite because my work experience is only 11 months. But what is happening here? Does CIC have a bug in their selection process? Why did it think that I'm eligible for CEC when my profile clearly says I started working here April of last year?

Any thoughts?

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
chonji1226 said:
Hi all,

I got an ITA because my score suddenly increased. I was not expecting it. I started my work here April last year and I was expecting my score NOT to increase until next month.

So I was really surprised when I got an invitation under CEC. I reviewed my profile and it still says there April 2016 was my start of work here in Canada.

I read in another thread that I have to decline this invite because my work experience is only 11 months. But what is happening here? Does CIC have a bug in their selection process? Why did it think that I'm eligible for CEC when my profile clearly says I started working here April of last year?

Any thoughts?
decline the invitation,you are not eligible to apply under express entry under cec if you do not have min 12 months min 32hr/week work exp

chonji1226

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Yeah.... but even if I decline this invite..probably I will still get an invitation next round...and I will decline that too. I might decline 2 more invites...

No I'm a bit worried. Is there any consequence to declining the invite?

But something is wrong with CIC's calculation, why did CIC think I have 1 year? Maybe they counted the hours worked?

Am I the only wrongly invited by CIC..and it seems I will end up declining 2 more invitations until April...

chonji1226

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Ok after reading a few more threads..I think I understand a bit better now.

It seems CIC is just looking at the months, so that would explain why CIC thinks I have 12 months....oh boy...it's so painful to decline this invitation :D

Can't I just use this invitation and wait for 30 days to submit my application? :p

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
chonji1226 said:
Ok after reading a few more threads..I think I understand a bit better now.

It seems CIC is just looking at the months, so that would explain why CIC thinks I have 12 months....oh boy...it's so painful to decline this invitation :D

Can't I just use this invitation and wait for 30 days to submit my application? :p
With current trend waiting 1 months is not scary. :)

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
chonji1226 said:
Hi all,

Any thoughts?
DONT decline the ITA, just wait until you actually completed the work experience "which is next month".

After that you should be able to submit your application no problem!

Hope I helped, thanks

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chonji1226 said:
Yeah.... but even if I decline this invite..probably I will still get an invitation next round...and I will decline that too. I might decline 2 more invites...

No I'm a bit worried. Is there any consequence to declining the invite?
There is no consequence to declining invite - you can get in line for future draws.

chonji1226

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
I'm worried by the posts I have read on the other read, so to be safe I will decline this invite and wait for 29 days!

The good thing here is I'm able to see what an ITA looks like :p

abderhamoumi

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Hey chonji, same situation here. I will complete 2 years in April and I got my ITA March 1st. What I'm doing I'm gathering all the documents and I will apply after the due date. Are sure we have to decline the invitation?

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This issue is common, and you should decline the invitation and wait until after you have completed 12 months of work experience. After you accept the ITA, your profile will be locked, which means your ECA and language results and work experience are all locked. CIC officer will assess your profile as of the date of ITA. If you do not have enough 12 months of work experience on the date of ITA, you have not met the requirement and your application will be rejected after review.

I experienced this as well, and I declined ITA twice and only accepted ITA after I completed 12 months. I did not want to take any risk. Why take the risk and get a rejection a few months after? It would actually cost you more time if you take that risk instead of waiting a month to make sure your are eligible.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
omarimam said:
DONT decline the ITA, just wait until you actually completed the work experience "which is next month".

After that you should be able to submit your application no problem!
That is not correct. The OP does not meet the minimum eligibility criteria at the time of the ITA, the application will be refused.

There is no consequence to declining the ITA - other than the mental pain : )

IRCC tells you to make sure you are eligible before submitting the profile.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
abderhamoumi said:
Hey chonji, same situation here. I will complete 2 years in April and I got my ITA March 1st. What I'm doing I'm gathering all the documents and I will apply after the due date. Are sure we have to decline the invitation?
You meet the 1 year eligibility requirement, your ITA is good. As for the 2nd year of experience for CRS points - you CAN wait and submit your application after you complete the 2nd year, and you will be awarded the points.

The difference is -
Minimum eligibility criteria - must be met at the time of the ITA (as well as at the time of submitting the e-APR).

Extra CRS points - points will be recalculated with eAPR, and the VO can use the higher score (score at ITA, score at eAPR).

Info is on the IRCC website -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

sanketpurnima

Star Member
May 28, 2017
This issue is common, and you should decline the invitation and wait until after you have completed 12 months of work experience. After you accept the ITA, your profile will be locked, which means your ECA and language results and work experience are all locked. CIC officer will assess your profile as of the date of ITA. If you do not have enough 12 months of work experience on the date of ITA, you have not met the requirement and your application will be rejected after review.

I experienced this as well, and I declined ITA twice and only accepted ITA after I completed 12 months. I did not want to take any risk. Why take the risk and get a rejection a few months after? It would actually cost you more time if you take that risk instead of waiting a month to make sure your are eligible.
Hi ScarletSails, i am in same situation as yours, i saw that in my 11 month itself am granted CEC points. And i would easily get the ITA(looking at the current scores)
My question is, when you reject the ITA( for reason that you havent completed 12 months) is it that we need to provide a letter of explanation when we submit and accept on the 12 month.

Also i fear that once we decline there invite, we would considered automatically in the next upcoming draw, or is there a cooling period etc.