VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ouch, sorry to hear about your long wait and the PCC and passport photo. Are you a US citizen or PR? At least we Americans can go through channelers who can deliver our PCCs in a week. Yeah, we have to keep updating our docs while we wait. While waiting on OINP, I have had to update my files with payslips twice a month and bank statements once a month. Did you already get all your employer reference letters? I have read in a few unofficial places that it's best that the reference letter from your current employer is no more than 6 months old. Mine was dated in August, so I hope I will receive ITA before February and not have to ask for the letter again.

Thanks for the kind words. I have had time to develop a number of skills because I have been around for a while. Canada wants younger immigrants, preferably those under 30 or not too much older than 30, because Canada's population is aging. So we 40+ folks need to do a lot more to prove that we can bring more benefits to the country despite our older age. Now I happen to be perpetually young at heart, really still a 20 year old who just happens to have been 20 for 20+ years, but unfortunately CIC has to compute my age based on my date of birth.
There is a very practical reason, why they do prefer younger candidates - taxes.

And those you are paying in 2 ways
- when employed / self employed
- and when buying goods and services in Canada.
It goes without saying, that younger applicants (but that are already well educated), have better potential on taxes payment. And while your salary will play certain role in the retirement money, amount of good and services, you have purchased does not. So it is preferable to have younger applicants, who are at the start taking junior position, while spending for the similar basic set (apartment, transportation, food, cloth) and actually being happy; than having an older candidate, who might tend to spend less foolishly and be less satisfied to start at low.

And also applications are evaluated individually, something would have to be put in place in order in challenge the general tendencies as which applicant profile is most prone to pay most taxes.

Another issue is, that being older many times means to be settled somewhere (house, family friends) and of course less willing to give it up for a new adventure. And if giving up, then in a temporary manner, while he or she is more prone to leave Canada and go back home, while still claiming the retirement money, but not using that much Canadian goods and services (those paid ones of course).

Immigration is a business just like any other business and it has little to do with any kind of a charity (except for the refugee streams).

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
OINP has gotten a lot more efficient, from what I've heard.
Yes you are right. I have heard cases where the pnp applicants got their PPR in 3 months.
In addition to that, there have been a recruitment going on for processing the PPR files which will only reduce the waiting times ahead.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Does anyone know whether it's alright to use online PDF bank statements (proper statements, not just screenshots) when applying for OINP, or do they have to be paper statements? Thanks.
I used online generated 6month statement which has the bank logo and I believe it is legit.
In general, Computer generated statements are not required to get stamped.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
People who submitted OINP application in November 2017, what timeline are you expecting? Considering the large number of applicant who would have applied, I think it will be Jan / Feb 2018
Jan/Feb comes under a normal processing time bracket (3 month) .
Yes, if the quotas were filled OINP will release the nomination only after Jan2018.

It is also to be noted that, for certain NOC's they will steadfast their process. One can only speculate which NOC's they are after.

Reactions: alphash2017

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
I called OINP PNP program information centre today, just to check if they can provide any information about NOI which might be issued before Nov 15th. The representative said he does not have any information about it and suggested to check the program updates webpages. I was curious as I saw one post where the member mentioned one if his teammate received a new NOI . I have not received any NOI yet and I think OINP have not started fresh NOI as well.
Thanks for sharing in the forum. I do read that "member's" post. Although, analysing from the various threads I read, I can affirm there were no issuance of NOI at-least until now

Jalolo

Sep 20, 2017
Malaysia
Direct ITA takes significantly less time as well as less money. With PNP, you apply and wait to receive nomination (anywhere from 6-115 days for OINP). Then post ITA, CIC processes PNP applicants more slowly. Direct ITA can get you PR in as little as 3 weeks from submission in lucky cases, and 6 months in less lucky cases. I think via PNP, the best one can hope for is 3 or 4 months post ITA but possibly 6-9 months, all this on top of the time it takes to receive the nomination. So you're looking at a 4-6 month difference, plus when you go the PNP route, you need to reside in the province for at least 2-3 years, preferably until you become a citizen. And OINP charges a $1500 application fee.
hhmmm...i believe folks with less scope of increasing their scores are preferably the ones taking this route. Thank you so much for the input. I really believe now thou i dont know much about the whole system but its designed in a way that almost every one in the pool gets a fair chance to play. praying everyone here achieves that sooner or later, Thanks a lot again, you guys are brilliant helping everyone out seriously!!!....@lala1234 (thumbs up)

Jalolo

Sep 20, 2017
Malaysia
Thanks, all the best to you, too!

To further underscore the importance of pursuing all reasonable options sooner than later, I was pretty sure earlier this year that I would be getting a job soon, and I also was a newbie who didn't bother to do any real research on other options. I thought that getting a provincial nomination would be extremely difficult and not feasible for me, and I thought learning French would be too difficult for too few points. So I was focused only on the job hunt (including wasting my time applying for any kind of job I could possibly qualify for, rather than targeting only those that could use my unique combination of skills) and didn't enter the EE pool as soon as I should have. Since I knew that my CRS would be too low to get direct ITA without a job offer, I thought I would first find a job and move over to Canada before entering the EE pool. I didn't begin the process of entering the EE pool until early in June, when I was getting really upset about my official offer letter not arriving, and then I had to schedule IELTS exam and later learned I would need to get the ECA done before I could enter the EE pool (I had thought ECA could be done post ITA). By the time I had IELTS score and ECA, it was July 10. And I received NOI from Ontario on July 11 and missed the July 25 deadline by one day. If I had only thought to enter the EE pool a little earlier, I could have gotten OINP a few months ago and might even have gotten PR by now.
im inspired by your spirit of resilience every thing happens for a reason and happens in its own time my friend. not a minute early not a sec late. What we have is our will to keep trying , if you seek so shall it open to you may be not today surely some other day. All the best :)

Nabs17

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
We will be getting email notification if anything changes that requires our attention, for example, when we are nominated or receive PFL. Sometimes people receive an email from CIC before the email from OINP about nomination. But we have to log in to check if we are progressing to other intermediate stages (assessment, DIP).
How many stages are there ? Submitted, assessment, and then decision ?

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
Yes you are right. I have heard cases where the pnp applicants got their PPR in 3 months.
In addition to that, there have been a recruitment going on for processing the PPR files which will only reduce the waiting times ahead.
PNP applicant got PPR in 3 months. any reference on this.? As per trend, they're getting PPR in 5-7 Months post-AOR. Also to note that process has improved in last 2 months so we except to get PPR in 4-6 months going forward. let's hope for the best. :)

Lala1234

Aug 24, 2017
NOC Code......
hhmmm...i believe folks with less scope of increasing their scores are preferably the ones taking this route. Thank you so much for the input. I really believe now thou i dont know much about the whole system but its designed in a way that almost every one in the pool gets a fair chance to play. praying everyone here achieves that sooner or later, Thanks a lot again, you guys are brilliant helping everyone out seriously!!!....@lala1234 (thumbs up)
:) thank u:p:p:p

hahaHHH

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Category........
I got an ita on my old crs score. For whatever reason my score had not updated in the system post birthday. The consultant kept me waiting till the last day citing that they have asked for clarification but none came my way. Was it a glitch, what, why, when, no idea. There after am sitting at 10 points lower at 404, and hoping for a miracle. Another few months and it drops further.

I had to decline because the rule is very clear on change in age vs crs score n draws. To receive that message that it’s now rejected due to xyz was heartbreaking. It felt like I did something wrong.

And honestly when people here come asking, what’s the chances of 459,450,445, 435, which anyone following the draw trend in the ROH would be well aware of, I can only sigh. Feels like standing outside a stadium and trying to just get a glimpse of the display screens, let alone get near the gates.

I'm sorry to hear that .... hang in there and hope and pray for the best.

And yes I hate those stupid post of 430+ pts asking likelihood of getting an ITA. Those fags ask only 1 question without doing any reading or research then are gone for good.

Reactions: trumprefugee

hahaHHH

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Category........
Good day everyone,
so when the next draw is expected ?? this Wednesday ??

also, just to be on the safe side, can i reject the ITA and wait till i have PCC in my hand (after a month probably) ??
Your being "safe" cost a valuable ITA for another candidate, you sure you want to do that?

sysadmin141

Jul 18, 2017
NOC Code......
I'm sorry to hear that .... hang in there and hope and pray for the best.

And yes I hate those stupid post of 430+ pts asking likelihood of getting an ITA. Those fags ask only 1 question without doing any reading or research then are gone for good.
Fags?