+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 73rd Draw

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
What this means is that Age is not frozen as soon as ITA is received right?
Mis quoted the first line of public policy act under section A11.2

Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA

An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.

Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA

An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.

sunboy129

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Hello, I am a newbie in this forum. I got L-8.5, R-9, S-7.5, W-6 on IELTS this month. My current CRS score is 380 (406 if I do not include my wife to accompain me to Canada). I have few questions I need expert opinion on:
1) Should I do WES evaluation now or should I take IELTS again (Basically what I am asking is do I have chance with 406 score if I wait 5-6 months for either Ontario or FSW category. If yes, I would like to Not to take IELTS again as my writing is really poor. Previously also got 6 on IELTS writing and 3.5 on GRE writing).FYI, my grad degree is from reputed US university so WES should go smooth.
2) Can I expect Ontario PNP to open in next 4-5 months?
3) Also, anyone know the best IELTS Writing resources I can utilize?

Ilyas0910

Sep 20, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-09-2017
Thank you
OINP picks up candidate from the EE pool. You don't need to do anything apart from creating your EE profile and select OINP and BC invitation checkbox while creating it.
OINP however has a tendency to pick profiles that are fresh.
So it is suggested by all to keep an eagle eye on the OINP notification page as in when they will begin the fresh pick up of the profile.
Create a fresh EE profile 1 day before that. This will increase your chance of being picked up in OINP.

Mind you, OINP is a very lengthy process and take from 1 year to 2 year for the entire processing of the application. If you can manage the federal ITA, there is nothing better than that.
What I am trying to say is, go for OINP only if you think you don't have much chance in near future for the federal ITA.

Thank you so much for the information.
I feel I am defenitely going to wait for 6 months for the CRS to fall little down and then decide as suggested.

Reactions: Lala1234

RayGeo

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
Hi,

Once invited to apply you will need to complete the Electronic Application for Permanent Residence (eAPR) and gather your documents, police clearance, proof of funds, work reference letters and get medicals done etc. Once you complete the application, upload all the documents submit and pay the required fees you will get the AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt). This is confirmation of CIC having received your application. After this you sit back and wait for CIC to process everything within 6 months (much less in most cases, but could be more). Also read through this: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ready-reference-steps-to-follow-and-documents-to-arrange-post-ita.455826/

All the best
Thanks a lot for the detailed reply..

ozodinobi

Aug 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-09-2017
Nomination.....
18-10-2017
AOR Received.
28-12-2017
File Transfer...
14-02-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2017
Passport Req..
18-12-2018
Hello, I am a newbie in this forum. I got L-8.5, R-9, S-7.5, W-6 on IELTS this month. My current CRS score is 380 (406 if I do not include my wife to accompain me to Canada). I have few questions I need expert opinion on:
1) Should I do WES evaluation now or should I take IELTS again (Basically what I am asking is do I have chance with 406 score if I wait 5-6 months for either Ontario or FSW category. If yes, I would like to Not to take IELTS again as my writing is really poor. Previously also got 6 on IELTS writing and 3.5 on GRE writing).FYI, my grad degree is from reputed US university so WES should go smooth.
2) Can I expect Ontario PNP to open in next 4-5 months?
3) Also, anyone know the best IELTS Writing resources I can utilize?
Hello, I am also a newbie here. You could request for a remark of your writing and see if it could be increased to a 7 and that could increase your CRS though it would take about 8-10 weeks and you can't use the result till the remark is completed.

For your evaluation, it can be done simultaneously and now so that you get the ECA timely besides you can't go into the pool without it.

For writing, I used YouTube. Check for ieltsliz, e2language by Jay, ieltsadvantage, engvid and ieltsbuddy.

Wish you success