+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 73rd Draw

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
This is not correct. Please see the article mentioned in the previous posts.

I am not aware of how the system was before, but after 28th July 2017, because of the exemption made for Age, "you will not lose points after receiving an ITA". This is only for Age though, rest all are the same as before.
yes yes u r right i quoted ur post again, i mis quoted in the first line of previous post

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Mis quoted the first line of public policy act under section A11.2

Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA

An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.

Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA

An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.
Correct.

Age is frozen on the day you receive an ITA. The officers actually look at the age factor (as shown in GCMS notes) but if there is any change the applicant is exempted by a statutory instruction.

This is where the above quote is from : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp
regards

harman_778

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Hi Guys...need a small help...reduced ITA's & slow movement of CRS has prompted me to retake the IELTS so as to score a CLB 10 in all 4 modules which will increase my scores from 422 to 431 . Request if someone could share the Cambridge IELTS general training tests Volume 1 to Volume 12 on my email id - harmanpreetsingh77@gmail.com

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hi Guys...need a small help...reduced ITA's & slow movement of CRS has prompted me to retake the IELTS so as to score a CLB 10 in all 4 modules which will increase my scores from 422 to 431 . Request if someone could share the Cambridge IELTS general training tests Volume 1 to Volume 12 on my email id - harmanpreetsingh77@gmail.com
In case no one here can provide what you're looking for, there's an entire thread dedicated to this topic

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/share-ielts-books-cambridge-ielts-1-11-pdf-audio-requested-ielts-books.407346/

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,

You are doing the right thing.

You can also visit ieltsliz.com and engvid.com, these are in my opinion the two best IELTS prep sites.

All the best

Getty

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
1221; 6311; 6511
App. Filed.......
04/05/17
Nomination.....
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-07-2019
Med's Done....
19-08-2019
Passport Req..
07/01/2020
VISA ISSUED...
07/01/2020
You will lose 5. I am a year behind you. In your 30s you lose 11 points for every 2 years. After you hit 40, you lose 11 points each year.
Thanks @wickerman, i do not know why i thought i would lose 15!?

Getty

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
1221; 6311; 6511
App. Filed.......
04/05/17
Nomination.....
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-07-2019
Med's Done....
19-08-2019
Passport Req..
07/01/2020
VISA ISSUED...
07/01/2020

sainathreddy

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hyderabad - India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi,

You are doing the right thing.

You can also visit ieltsliz.com and engvid.com, these are in my opinion the two best IELTS prep sites.

All the best
I can vouch for ieltsliz.com. Got to know this site only a few days before my test, but the instructions helped me to improve my Writing and Speaking, which were the weakest part. If I had known this site before and have enough time, then I am confident that I could've scored a band higher.

Another site which I frequented was ieltsmaterial.com. You can subscribe to this site to get a daily mail with some material to prepare.
Like reading passages on some days, and writing tasks on other.

VKM25

Apr 4, 2017
Hello People,

Any whatsapp group for people eligible in 73rd draw? Also, anyone from Mumbai here?