+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 58th draw?

robb83

Jul 4, 2016
Abby Alex said:
and i can so relate to you!
on march 1st i was so hopeful at 429 thinking for sure that i will be getting an ITA by the end of this month,
but after knowing that there was no draw even after the 2nd week, i started giving up hope. I will be loosing points on 17th April...
a bit too tight!
thinking of doing IELTS again
Same as me on 418, I suddenly saw there was a margin of hope.

If it had stayed roughly the same I would have probably waited a few more draws to see what occurred. The fact it went up completely surprised me.

I'm now re-doing my IELTS, plan to take both tests April.

I don't have a huge amount of time to revise so bought in a few tutors mainly for the writing and a little for reading.

The speaking I don't see being an issue for myself and the listening is just going to be hit or miss.

If I mange to get CLB 9's then my bump should be around 40 points - so im hoping that a 458 is going to be a guaranteed ITA.

benzboksas

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
robb83 said:
If I mange to get CLB 9's then my bump should be around 40 points - so im hoping that a 458 is going to be a guaranteed ITA.
40 points at stake :eek: If I were you I wouldn't think twice...

benzboksas

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
I'm in dilemma right now, whether I should take French exam, which could probably give me extra 3 or 4 points at best or 1-2 at worst. My score is 431 but the exam costs a lot too...

robinsonjoel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2018
LANDED..........
8-04-2018
benzboksas said:
I'm in dilemma right now, whether I should take French exam, which could probably give me extra 3 or 4 points at best or 1-2 at worst. My score is 431 but the exam costs a lot too...
Depends on how good you are in French. The exam is equally intensive as IELTS. If you are confident, you can take it. I am also planning to appear, but after brushing up French skills. I am thinking of taking it at this year end or next year, if I don't get an ITA by then.

Good luck!

benzboksas

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
robinsonjoel said:
Depends on how good you are in French. The exam is equally intensive as IELTS. If you are confident, you can take it. I am also planning to appear, but after brushing up French skills. I am thinking of taking it at this year end or next year, if I don't get an ITA by then.

Good luck!
Yes, I agree. It's better to prepare well. Maybe it's not worth taking it if I still have hardly grasped B1 level. However, the ultimate prize for acquiring B2 level is Ontario French stream nomination (correct me if I'm wrong at this conclusion).

Thanks!

jasontan

Feb 26, 2017
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smarreco said:
Yeah, I can relate to that. When the score dropped to 434 I started to make plans, wondering about my life in Canada...and as you know the last draw was like a cold shower of reality. I am trying to keep my motivation pursuing this dream but it is not very easy.

Keep walking bud!!
Same here buddy :(

Devastated after the last draw..

But keeping our hopes up!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Seeing that this IS the R of H thread, I think the rise in CRS is a reflection of the length of time between draws. CRS should drop again once the draws return to a regular pattern.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1/ 3700 Applications * 53 Weeks / 2 Weeks = 98050 Applications
2/ Each application will have 1-2 persons.
3/ Their quota for express entry is only 77k.

I don't see how things add up here

anirr

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
OdinNguyen said:
1/ 3700 Applications * 53 Weeks / 2 Weeks = 98050 Applications
2/ Each application will have 1-2 persons.
3/ Their quota for express entry is only 77k.

I don't see how things add up here
this 3700 approx number of invitations also has PNPs within. 77k is only the economic stream, there is an addtional approx 52k for the PNPs except the Quebec Immigration which is separate. Hope this helps you to understand.

hitesh.mulchandani

Star Member
Mar 1, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
01-March-2016 (Filed Again on 02-Apr-2017)
Doc's Request.
12-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-05-2017
anirr said:
this 3700 approx number of invitations also has PNPs within. 77k is only the economic stream, there is an addtional approx 52k for the PNPs except the Quebec Immigration which is separate. Hope this helps you to understand.
I agree, and I was thinking on the same. Hopefully in this draw again we see the scores drop to around 435.