13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Dear Forum members,

I understand that if you are a single applicant and you score 49 pts you qualify for an interview but what if you score 56 pts? Do you get a QSC without interview? Faster ?
Thank you all.

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Master7 said:
Dear Forum members,

I understand that if you are a single applicant and you score 49 pts you qualify for an interview but what if you score 56 pts? Do you get a QSC without interview? Faster ?
Thank you all.
I quiet disagree with you my friend...case to case different and so is the interviewer!!!
I am single and l got 63, and l still attended interview before getting it....It all depends if they want to
verify somethings in person!!!

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
xse2573 said:
I quiet disagree with you my friend...case to case different and so is the interviewer!!!
I am single and l got 63, and l still attended interview before getting it....It all depends if they want to
verify somethings in person!!!
Wow! I thought you were on the safe side with more than 55pts! In your case, what is it that they wanted to verify on the interview? What was your score in English & French tests ?

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Master7 said:
Wow! I thought you were on the safe side with more than 55pts! In your case, what is it that they wanted to verify on the interview? What was your score in English & French tests ?
They wanted to very all my Degrees and working experiences. My IELTS test score was 8.0
And I speak, English, Swedish & French really good too!!!

I have so many degrees and experienced... I have also travelled alot too!!!

My interview was just a formality anyway!!!

scotchy007

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-07-2013
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
xyiday said:
Anyone submitted the application in May?
I submitted an application in May. :)

xyiday

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
scotchy007 said:
I submitted an application in May. :)

hey, any news with u? i have nothing yet :-\

kbert

Star Member
Jul 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
SOON
Nomination.....
BY HIS GRACE
AOR Received.
BY HIS GRACE
File Transfer...
BY HIS GRACE
Med's Request
BY HIS GRACE
Med's Done....
BY HIS GRACE
Interview........
OVER COME
Passport Req..
VERY SOON
VISA ISSUED...
BY HIS GRACE
LANDED..........
BY HIS GRACE
Hi Everyone,

I gat Higher National Diploma in Accounting and Finance in Business and Management from Cambridge International College UK.
and also Diploma in Work Place Safety and Health......
gat some week taring on basic banking, professional sale, customer service.....
age is 29....
work experience ....3yrs in the banking industry..
am single...
hope my diploma will help cus am about to take a french class
Pls can anyone help....do i still qualify?

OOA

Aug 1, 2012
Hello House,

I am new on this platform... I really find it an interesting place.

My CSQ application to Quebec has since July 2, 2012 been delivered. As I write now, I have not got any notification to acknowledge receipt of my application (I was only able to track the delivery date online through the courier company). Asides that, my account is yet to be charged for the application fees...

Please, advise if everything that is happening to my application is normal. If not, advise me on the next steps to be taken.

Thanks all!

kbert

Star Member
Jul 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
SOON
Nomination.....
BY HIS GRACE
AOR Received.
BY HIS GRACE
File Transfer...
BY HIS GRACE
Med's Request
BY HIS GRACE
Med's Done....
BY HIS GRACE
Interview........
OVER COME
Passport Req..
VERY SOON
VISA ISSUED...
BY HIS GRACE
LANDED..........
BY HIS GRACE
The Province of Quebec is well known for its society, language, and unique cultural charm. However, the province is also an established leader for business, both in North America and worldwide. It is this leadership that has resulted in Quebec’s increasing appeal for top international organizations, workers, and entrepreneurs.

To help ensure that its economic success continues to rise, Quebec has pursued proactive immigration programs to bring in skilled foreign workers on both temporary and permanent bases. These programs have become increasingly popular in recent months, as Quebec immigration remains open and continues to accept applications despite the temporary freezing of some Federal immigration programs.

A Brief Overview of the Quebec Business Environment

In 2010, Quebec’s economy totalled approximately $139 billion . When adjusted for purchasing power parity, the province was on par with nations such as Singapore and the United Arab Emirates. In that same year, Canada’s overall economic growth rate was estimated at 3.2% - higher than that of the United States, France, or the United Kingdom .

The province is lucky to possess vast natural resources, which continue to drive its growth. Quebec is the world’s third-largest producer of aluminum, and also possesses large stores of iron, zinc, nickel, and lumber.

In addition to raw resources, Quebec has cultivated a highly skilled, multilingual workforce that helps the province keep its internationally competitive edge. The primary language of most businesses in the province is French, though many conduct work in both French and English so as to reach a larger market. This is especially true in and around Montreal, the province’s largest city. The widespread bilingualism found in Quebec has helped it to generate strong ties to both Anglophone and Francophone trade markets.

Because it is a province of Canada, Quebec is able to benefit from various international agreements that help to facilitate trade and immigration. The most prominent of these is the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), an agreement which eliminates trade barriers between Canada, the United States, and Mexico. This allows businesses to reach, tariff-free, a market of approximately 450 million consumers . It also helps some skilled professionals from the latter two countries enter Canada as workers more easily (detailed below).

Quebec’s Primary Economic Sectors

Quebec’s economy is diverse. Each year, top professionals come to the province to work in leading companies in their fields. Some of Quebec’s most important industries, as well as some well-known companies that operate in the province, are detailed in the chart below:

Quebec’s Attraction for Local and International Business

Quebec has been taking proactive steps to become a global leader for business and entrepreneurship. In November 2011, a new program was inaugurated entitled “Go for it! All of Quebec Admires You”. This program, which stretches until 2014, provides additional government investment of approximately $450 million to promote entrepreneurship in the province .

Low operating costs in the province continue to draw new businesses to Quebec. A study conducted in 2010 showed that Quebec’s operating costs were on average lower than the rest of Canada, and significantly lower than those in the United States and the United Kingdom .

Quebec’s Attraction for Immigrants

The Government of Quebec has developed immigration programs that help to build upon its economic strengths and further develop growing sectors of its economy. The largest of these immigration programs, the Quebec Skilled Worker program, targets skilled workers with education and professional experience in targeted fields of study/areas of training. Many of these fields are related to the economic sectors detailed above.

To view the over 100 fields of study/areas of training that are currently being accepted for immigration purposes, please click here. (Please note that only sections A,B, and C are eligible for Quebec immigration at this time.)

Individuals with experience in the fields of business, technology, and health services have been in historically high demand throughout Quebec. These include:

MBA Holders: MBA holders can specialize in a range of business-related fields. Quebec businesses are seeking MBA holders with professional experience who can assist them in developing further strategies for success.

Technology Experts: Individuals with a background in cutting-edge technology fields including (but not limited to) Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and 3D Animation will find strong business prospects in Quebec.

Health Professionals: Individuals with education and experience in a health-related field such as: Registered Nurses, Pharmacists, Physical Rehabilitation, and Dental Assistance are highly sought after throughout the province.

Applicants to the Quebec Skilled Worker program are assessed on a points system. Having a job offer in Quebec is not a prerequisite to immigrating to the province. At present, the Quebec Skilled Worker program is one of the last remaining North American immigration programs that does not require either a job offer or family connection to allow an individual to immigrate as a Permanent Resident.

Attraction for Foreign Workers

Individuals who have been offered a job in Quebec may be eligible for temporary work in the province. Normally, securing a temporary work permit in Quebec requires the hiring business to receive a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) and Certificat d’Acceptation du Quebec (CAQ) in order to hire internationally. Most businesses throughout Canada are required to secure an LMO, a process which requires recruitment in Canada and can take several months.

To help facilitate the entry of some skilled workers, Quebec has a unique program called the Facilitated LMO Assessment Process. This allows employers who are hiring individuals in one of 44 targeted professions to apply for and receive an LMO without having to fulfill the recruitment component. This cuts processing times and eases entry for hundreds of workers each year.

Foreign workers from the United States and Mexico may be able to enter Quebec on a temporary basis through the NAFTA agreement. This allows individuals in some professions to begin work in Quebec without having to first secure an LMO.

Quebec remains on the forefront of Canada’s economic expansion. Its strong business environment coupled with its active immigration programs makes it an attractive option for professionals around the world looking to come to Canada to build a future for themselves and their families.

xyiday

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
;) dont panic, it is definitely normal,
by the way, which biq did you submit your application to?
mine was submitted in may and still havent got anything!

OOA said:
Hello House,

I am new on this platform... I really find it an interesting place.

My CSQ application to Quebec has since July 2, 2012 been delivered. As I write now, I have not got any notification to acknowledge receipt of my application (I was only able to track the delivery date online through the courier company). Asides that, my account is yet to be charged for the application fees...

Please, advise if everything that is happening to my application is normal. If not, advise me on the next steps to be taken.

Thanks all!

mgnice

Aug 1, 2012
Hi There

I applied last year(2011) Sep. for CSQ, and get file no. in Aug. and now I got a letter which tells me I am put in the list for Newyork interview. The letter says nothing about the time and states that they will notify me latter for the time.

I am just wondering how long dos it take I get the letter for the time of interview and When approximately my interview will be?

Please comment on this if anybody had the similar case on estimating the interview time!

Thanks for your comments :)

kuro_shio

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
Nomination.....
CSQ 04-12-2014
AOR Received.
BIQ 22-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-04-2015
Med's Request
05-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015
Got my DELF B2 results today

dez

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
AOR Received.
3/07/12
kuro_shio said:
Got my DELF B2 results today

Kuro_shio,

Congrats on your B2. Very impressive I must say. I have two questions and I was wondering if you might help me. First is about my french points. I got 14.5 in C.O and 15.5 in P.O. in B2. I have been wondering if I will be given B2 points for my P.O score. I mean is it possible they'll round this to 16? I have asked around (even with MICC in Montreal but haven't got a clear answer). What do you think? If they don't all my work to get B2 would have been for nought all because of 1.5 marks (1.5 in C.O and 0.5 in P.O) and I lose 4 points remaining with my B1 score.

Second is about my Education and AOT points. I applied with a Masters (fulltime) in HRM from a UK university. British universities' degrees are not listed in the conversion table so it's been unclear to me what points I get for education and AOT. Any ideas? Any help will be appreciated for you or anyone else in the know. Thanks.

kuro_shio

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
Nomination.....
CSQ 04-12-2014
AOR Received.
BIQ 22-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-04-2015
Med's Request
05-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015
dez said:
Kuro_shio,

Congrats on your B2. Very impressive I must say. I have two questions and I was wondering if you might help me. First is about my french points. I got 14.5 in C.O and 15.5 in P.O. in B2. I have been wondering if I will be given B2 points for my P.O score. I mean is it possible they'll round this to 16? I have asked around (even with MICC in Montreal but haven't got a clear answer). What do you think? If they don't all my work to get B2 would have been for nought all because of 1.5 marks (1.5 in C.O and 0.5 in P.O) and I lose 4 points remaining with my B1 score.

Second is about my Education and AOT points. I applied with a Masters (fulltime) in HRM from a UK university. British universities' degrees are not listed in the conversion table so it's been unclear to me what points I get for education and AOT. Any ideas? Any help will be appreciated for you or anyone else in the know. Thanks.
Thanks, about your first question, I don't think they will round it off (at least the C.O. part) as their chart seems pretty clear:

The P.O. score is unclear though as they don't mention 15.5 points, just 15 (B1) and 16 (B2), you should make sure by asking either your BIQ or a different one as they have the same rules.

About your second question, I don't really know, sorry.

mgnice

Aug 1, 2012
mgnice said:
Hi There

I applied last year(2011) Sep. for CSQ, and get file no. in Aug. and now I got a letter which tells me I am put in the list for Newyork interview. The letter says nothing about the time and states that they will notify me latter for the time.

I am just wondering how long dos it take I get the letter for the time of interview and When approximately my interview will be?

Please comment on this if anybody had the similar case on estimating the interview time!

Thanks for your comments :)
Nobody has the same situation!!
Please help.