+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
knivesvente said:
Thank you! How about if my application has reached the BIQ Hong Kong on or after April 1, will it still be considered.
I have a friend sent his application before the last change of fees, and the file reached the BIQ after 01/01/2012, he was worried about this but they open his file and got the money, and sent him AOR
so no need to worry, and try to send it asap, nobody knows which changes may happen

knivesvente

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bachar said:
I have a friend sent his application before the last change of fees, and the file reached the BIQ after 01/01/2012, he was worried about this but they open his file and got the money, and sent him AOR
so no need to worry, and try to send it asap, nobody knows which changes may happen
Thank you! I will submit it today. :)

Should my payment be on Demand Draft?

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
knivesvente said:
Thank you! I will submit it today. :)

Should my payment be on Demand Draft?
Demand Draft is a good way make it payable to Ministre des Finances du Québec , or any other method
Method of payment

Only the following payment methods are accepted:

certified cheque (international or drawn on a Canadian bank);
Canada Post money order;
bank draft or international money order;

ATTENTION! Cheques must made payable to the Ministre des Finances du Québec and must include, on the reverse side, the name of the applicant in block letters.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi friends,
We are witnessing a huge changes in quebec immi process since last few months.
What I think is that, These changes were planned in very advance to brought in by quebec immi authorities.

1st change: SCORE OF 16 out of 25 pts to get points in any level of DELF. Effective from Sept 2011. Refer to GPI-3-1 edition.

2nd change: to send all documents and application for PR at federal stage to CIO, nova scotia instead of VO.

3rd change: mandatoty to submit language certificates to claim points for language proficiency, effective 6th dec 2011

4th change: increase in fees to CAD 406, effective 1st Jan 2012,

5th change: new forms are introduced and documents checklist is a must to be attached with all applications, effective Feb 2012,

6th change: introducing cap for Quebec immigrant applications, dividing qsw applications in 3 groups, effective 21st March 2012;

7th change: increasing fees to 750 CAD which is now almost double than fees before 6 months. Effective from 1st april 2012.

And what I heard is that still some more changes are going to come...
So, what they have done in last 6 months is to streamline quebec immigration process by tightening the rules and procedures and introducing more strict rules....
Reason is very evident to all. FSW cap is only 10000 and people started using qsw as a backdoor to enter canada. After getting PR under qsw people moved to another province.
They have accepted in their every official communication since Nov 2011, that flow of applications is increased which has increased the overall processing time, even time to send AOR was increased to 60 days from just 30 days and they are not finding it comfortable going further with such situation any more.
Hence, the result is change in immigration rules. Still some more changes are expected even in funds requirement and work experience criteria.
Lets cross our fingers :)
This changes are not going to affect those who have already submitted their applications, so for them it is just to watch and wait for our turn... In the time, we must prepare ourselves to get accepted with our criterias, because rejection now means closure of doors of quebec. :)
May GOD Almighty bless all! :)

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
indusvision said:
Hi All,

I have an application for Federal Skilled Worker already in process in Buffalo Visa Office since March 2011 (still RBVO status).

I received CSQ also a couple of months ago, which is valid for one year. Should I go ahead an apply for PR under Quebec Skilled Worker immigration also?
I am thinking if I submit second application (one for Federal Skilled Worker, and another one for Quebec Skilled Worker) will become a problem? because there is a contradiction that my first application (Federal Skilled Worker) is for Canada (except Quebec), and if I apply under Quebec Skilled Worker, it will be like for Canada (Quebec only)?

I am really confused that if I should really go ahead and submit a second application for QSW (but there is a risk that this contradiction may cause any problem?), or should I just stick with my previous application (in that case my CSQ will expire within next month).

Any advice would be really helpful for me!

Thanks,
Indus
Hey Pal...dont be worried...I was having same issue too!!!..Go ahead and apply, u can apply to as many processes positions you are qualified for. I didnt have Quebec in my 1st application (Dec.2007) untill now, l still dont have Doc. update. So l saw l an opporturnity in Quebec, so I took d chance and I am WILLING to LIVE THERE (Quebec), because my location of 1st application hasnt reach me yet..So I will be SINCERE to the region who gave me opporturnity, instead of robbing peter to pay paul....

GO AHEAD AND SEND YOUR APPLICATION, THERE IS NO RESTRICTIONS TO THE NUMBERS OF APPLICATION ONE APPLIED...

One more question, how come your CSQ is valid for 1year?...Mine is 3 years (36 months)!!!

Goodluck!!!

applicante.ph

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 11 2013
mkshah said:
Hi friends,
What I think is that, These changes were planned in very advance to brought in by quebec immi authorities.

1st change: SCORE OF 16 out of 25 pts to get points in any level of DELF. Effective from Sept 2011. Refer to GPI-3-1 edition.

2nd change: to send all documents and application for PR at federal stage to CIO, nova scotia instead of VO.

3rd change: mandatoty to submit language certificates to claim points for language proficiency, effective 6th dec 2011

5th change: new forms are introduced and documents checklist is a must to be attached with all applications, effective Feb 2012,

6th change: introducing cap for Quebec immigrant applications, dividing qsw applications in 3 groups, effective 21st March 2012;

7th change: increasing fees to 750 CAD which is now almost double than fees before 6 months. Effective from 1st april 2012.

So, what they have done in last 6 months is to streamline quebec immigration process by tightening the rules and procedures and introducing more strict rules....
Reason is very evident to all. FSW cap is only 10000 and people started using qsw as a backdoor to enter canada. After getting PR under qsw people moved to another province.
They have accepted in their every official communication since Nov 2011, that flow of applications is increased which has increased the overall processing time, even time to send AOR was increased to 60 days from just 30 days and they are not finding it comfortable going further with such situation any more.
Hence, the result is change in immigration rules. Still some more changes are expected even in funds requirement and work experience criteria.
This changes are not going to affect those who have already submitted their applications, so for them it is just to watch and wait for our turn... In the time, we must prepare ourselves to get accepted with our criterias, because rejection now means closure of doors of quebec. :)
May GOD Almighty bless all! :)
funds actually is part of the changes
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/dcs/A-0522-OA.pdf

from 2800 to 2889 i guess

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mkshah said:
Hi friends,

This changes are not going to affect those who have already submitted their applications, so for them it is just to watch and wait for our turn... In the time, we must prepare ourselves to get accepted with our criterias, because rejection now means closure of doors of quebec. :)- This might be applicable to the pre- March 21, 2012 applicants also if the National Assembly of Québec pass the bill...please read carefully the following highlighting clause .....

On 21 March 2012, the Minister of Immigration and Cultural Communities has come to a decision regarding the intake of applications for selection certificates (in French, 167 Kb). Pursuant to the decision, the Minister determines the maximum number of applications that some skilled worker candidates will be allowed to submit between March 21, 2012 and March 31, 2013.

This decision(i.e. the possibility to apply the new rule to the past applicants) is taken pending adoption by the National Assembly of Québec of a bill that would contain a provision, retroactive to 20 March 2012, authorizing the Minister of Immigration and Cultural Communities to make such determination.

To know if this decision applies to you as well as the number of applications submitted to date, consult the section Intake of applications.

May GOD Almighty bless all! :) - Amen !!!
Yogie

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
yogie said:
Hi yogie,
if this is really going to be implemented retroactive, then it will be very bad news for many of applicants who are waiting for so many months.
But how they are going to count the cap of 14300 for group 2?
As it is mentioned to be from 21st march 2012 to 31st march 2013, will they consider new qsw applications to be accepted or it will be for already submitted qsw applications to be processed during this period? Or for a mix of both these?

there are many applicants who will be a part of group 3, if this changes are applicable retroactive. Really a devastating and sad news it is.

Also, pls give the link for how to check status of application intake.

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
yogie said:
Hello Yogie,
There is a misunderstanding that in Quebec administration system this decision was made by the minister and it must wait to got adopted by the National Assembly of Québec, and this adoption may take a while maybe one week or more, but after/by the date of adoption the bill would contain a provision, retroactive to 20 March 2012

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
mkshah said:
Hi yogie,
if this is really going to be implemented retroactive, then it will be very bad news for many of applicants who are waiting for so many months.
As it is mentioned to be from 21st march 2012 to 31st march 2013, will they consider new qsw applications to be accepted or it will be for already submitted qsw applications to be processed during this period? Or for a mix of both these?

there are many applicants who will be a part of group 3, if this changes are applicable retroactive. Really a devastating and sad news it is.

Hi yogie, here I found the application intake data updated on quebec website:
Applications received
Number of applications received up to March 31,
2012 On 21 March 2012, the Minister of Immigration and Cultural Communities has come to a decision regarding the intake of applications for selection certificates (in French, 167 Kb). Pursuant to the decision, the Minister determines the maximum number of applications that some skilled worker candidates will be allowed to submit. This decision is taken pending adoption by the National Assembly of Québec of a bill, as announced by the Minister of Finance in his Budget Speech of 20 March 2012, that would contain a provision, retroactive to 20 March 2012, authorizing the Minister of Immigration and Cultural Communities to make such determination.

so friends, good news hers is that this decision is still pending adoption, and if adopted it will be retroactive to 20th march 2012 and not for applications processed / submitted before that. :)

Is my understanding correct here??

Immigration subclass
Maximum number of
applications from March 21, 2012 to March 31, 2013
Number of applications received up to March 31, 2012

Businesspeople

•Investors 2 700 To be posted
•Entrepreneurs or self-employed workers 215 To be posted

Skilled workers
•Group 2 14 300 To be posted

http://www.immigration-
quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/
informations/applications-received.html

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bachar said:
Hello Yogie,
There is a misunderstanding that in Quebec administration system this decision was made by the minister and it must wait to got adopted by the National Assembly of Québec, and this adoption may take a while maybe one week or more, but after/by the date of adoption the bill would contain a provision, retroactive to 20 March 2012- I might be misunderstood but according to me the new rule has already been implemented
(http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/arrete-ministeriel.pdf

"le présente décision prend effet le 21 mars 2012 à 19h00 et cesse d'avoir effet le 31 mars 2013 a 19h00 à moins qu'elle ne soit modifiée d'ici là en application de la loi sur l'immigration au Québec")

and effective from March 21, 2012 for the new applicants while the new rule applicability to the old applicants(retroactive to 20 March 2012) is still on pending ...

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
Katayoon said:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/glossary.html#training
Thank you so much katayoon :) 8)

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
mkshah said:
Hi yogie,

Hello Yogi/Mkshah,

Do you have any idea.. the application processing for applicants who have applied in 2011 has been started? who are getting calls in April mission in HK?

Yogie,

What is your status?

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
indusvision said:
Hi All,

I have an application for Federal Skilled Worker already in process in Buffalo Visa Office since March 2011 (still RBVO status).

I received CSQ also a couple of months ago, which is valid for one year. Should I go ahead an apply for PR under Quebec Skilled Worker immigration also? This depends if you intend to live in Quebec or not. Because if you apply for PR based on your CSQ you only should live in Quebec
I am thinking if I submit second application (one for Federal Skilled Worker, and another one for Quebec Skilled Worker) will become a problem? because there is a contradiction that my first application (Federal Skilled Worker) is for Canada (except Quebec) you can live anywhere in Canada including Quebec, and if I apply under Quebec Skilled Worker, it will be like for Canada (Quebec only)?

I am really confused that if I should really go ahead and submit a second application for QSW (but there is a risk that this contradiction may cause any problem?), or should I just stick with my previous application (in that case my CSQ will expire within next month).

Any advice would be really helpful for me!

As I mentioned, if you are willing to live in Quebec then go for this option because getting the PR is a matter of time but if you wait for PR under federal skilled worker program there is a change to be rejected for any reason that might come.

Thanks,
Indus

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
As i know this new rule has nothing to do with old applicants, who applied before must just wait, or stay in waiting game as Mkshah said