+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROVINCIAL NOMINEE MANITOBA

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
enjiniko said:
If you already took the IELTS exam and you have met the passing mark, I think you can include that in your application form together with some other documents required. On the otherhand if you're IELTS is expired already then that's the time that you should take again another IELTS exam. This IELTS is used as their basis to check if you have met the required level in using English as a means of communication, reading, writing and listening as well. Aside from that if you have a passing mark for IELTS you can also used that as additional points in one of the criteria like in the so-called self assessment form online. In passing your application and documentation to the visa office you can also attached that IELTS as your supporting document and it gives a bearing.

I see. I saw that the passing mark is band 5. Let's say if my IELTS test result is 4.5? Will they reject my application? Do i have to convince them in writing letter to them?

May i know what is the expiry date of the Visa after they approve it? 3 months? 6 months? 1 year?

Thank you for your help. Big thankS!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

enjiniko

Jan 10, 2010
kidrobot said:
I see. I saw that the passing mark is band 5. Let's say if my IELTS test result is 4.5? Will they reject my application? Do i have to convince them in writing letter to them?

May i know what is the expiry date of the Visa after they approve it? 3 months? 6 months? 1 year?

Thank you for your help. Big thankS!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
I'm not very particular with passing band score for IELTS but as far as I know it is not only 5. If you have a failing score in IELTS I suggest that you should not include that in your application because it doesn't make sense and might worsen your application. The best thing to do is to retake IELTS examination but before doing that I suggest that you attend IELTS review or training. Moving a little bit forward, the visa or the COPR ( Certificate of Permanent Residency ) you're going to receive this once you successfully completed your full application, they have requested you for a medical, they request you to pay the ROLF ( right of landing fee ), they have requested your passport for Visa stamping and lastly the passport isd within your hands with visa stamped on it. The visa is normally valid after one year you have taken your medical examination. Failure to immigrate before the visa expires might take sometime and will repeat the processing for visa application.

Moon99

Star Member
Jul 14, 2009
enjiniko said:
I'm not very particular with passing band score for IELTS but as far as I know it is not only 5. If you have a failing score in IELTS I suggest that you should not include that in your application because it doesn't make sense and might worsen your application. The best thing to do is to retake IELTS examination but before doing that I suggest that you attend IELTS review or training. Moving a little bit forward, the visa or the COPR ( Certificate of Permanent Residency ) you're going to receive this once you successfully completed your full application, they have requested you for a medical, they request you to pay the ROLF ( right of landing fee ), they have requested your passport for Visa stamping and lastly the passport isd within your hands with visa stamped on it. The visa is normally valid after one year you have taken your medical examination. Failure to immigrate before the visa expires might take sometime and will repeat the processing for visa application.
I have applied as a FSW category two years back, may I apply simultanedously a new application for PNP for Manitoba.

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
Moon99 said:
I have applied as a FSW category two years back, may I apply simultanedously a new application for PNP for Manitoba.
YES

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
enjiniko said:

Here said that submit the IELTS test result with your application. So now i have to take the test first? If my result is Band 5 or under Band 5, should i supposed to re-take the exam (make sure it is score more than 5)? or use the band 5 to apply first? I'm under the Family Support Stream.

http://www2.immigratemanitoba.com/browse/howtoimmigrate/pnp/pnp-family_support.html
Language: You have enough English or French to get a job in Manitoba in your intended occupation soon after you arrive. For an objective assessment of your English skills take an IELTS test (International English Language Testing System) and submit your score with your application.

Pg28 Family Support Stream Document Checklist
How about the Employment document? What can i do if my employer refuse to help me issued the letters of reference for me? Is there any document can use to replace this letter?
http://www2.immigratemanitoba.com/asset_library/en/pn/pnpkit0909.pdf

Can i also apply the Temporary Working Permit together with the PR VISA?

I have a Diploma, recently my Training Center has changed their name to College. Do i need to certify my Diploma cert. ?

Thank you for your time and help. ;)

enjiniko

Jan 10, 2010
kidrobot said:

Here said that submit the IELTS test result with your application. So now i have to take the test first? If my result is Band 5 or under Band 5, should i supposed to re-take the exam (make sure it is score more than 5)? or use the band 5 to apply first? I'm under the Family Support Stream.

http://www2.immigratemanitoba.com/browse/howtoimmigrate/pnp/pnp-family_support.html
Language: You have enough English or French to get a job in Manitoba in your intended occupation soon after you arrive. For an objective assessment of your English skills take an IELTS test (International English Language Testing System) and submit your score with your application.

Pg28 Family Support Stream Document Checklist
How about the Employment document? What can i do if my employer refuse to help me issued the letters of reference for me? Is there any document can use to replace this letter?
http://www2.immigratemanitoba.com/asset_library/en/pn/pnpkit0909.pdf

Can i also apply the Temporary Working Permit together with the PR VISA?

I have a Diploma, recently my Training Center has changed their name to College. Do i need to certify my Diploma cert. ?

Thank you for your time and help. ;)

Certificate of employment (COE ) is very important in your documentation, if your previous employer did not give you a copy that's gonna be a big problem. Aside from they required COE in company's letterhead they also require this documents to be notarized.If applying under family support stream, make sure that your sponsor is capable of supporting you otherwise if you'll only become government's liability there's a big probability that your application will get denied. You can also apply for temporary working permit provided that there's a job offer / contract coming from the employer. The best thing to do is you do your self assessment to check which stream are you most capable and has the biggest chance of getting your application approved.

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
enjiniko said:
Certificate of employment (COE ) is very important in your documentation, if your previous employer did not give you a copy that's gonna be a big problem. Aside from they required COE in company's letterhead they also require this documents to be notarized.If applying under family support stream, make sure that your sponsor is capable of supporting you otherwise if you'll only become government's liability there's a big probability that your application will get denied. You can also apply for temporary working permit provided that there's a job offer / contract coming from the employer. The best thing to do is you do your self assessment to check which stream are you most capable and has the biggest chance of getting your application approved.

Already done the self assessment and also discussed with my brother. My brother said apply as Family stream more faster. He also said he have sufficient fund to sponsor me.

Will the officer change my application to another stream if he/she found out that i am more suitable for another stream (General stream or FSW)?

Inside the check list listed letters of reference. Is it the same with Certificate of employment (COE ) ?
I am still working now. Can i get the letters of reference from my current employer? Or i must get the letters from all the previous employer including current employer? Before join this current company, i have been worked in 2 company before.

enjiniko

Jan 10, 2010
kidrobot said:
Already done the self assessment and also discussed with my brother. My brother said apply as Family stream more faster. He also said he have sufficient fund to sponsor me.

Will the officer change my application to another stream if he/she found out that i am more suitable for another stream (General stream or FSW)?
Inside the check list listed letters of reference. Is it the same with Certificate of employment (COE ) ?
I am still working now. Can i get the letters of reference from my current employer? Or i must get the letters from all the previous employer including current employer? Before join this current company, i have been worked in 2 company before.
It is better to get all the COE from your employer both past and present. Aside from that, it is indicated there that you must attached a calling card from the company you work for. In my case I attached the calling card of HR manager in my application. It is also important that you did not do any violation in the company you worked for because that may be a ground for rejection of your application once the CIC contacted your employer for records verification.

The immigration officer might suggest to file for another stream once they are overloaded with the processing of so many application but the request seldom's happen or it only happens on a case to case basis.

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
enjiniko said:
It is better to get all the COE from your employer both past and present. Aside from that, it is indicated there that you must attached a calling card from the company you work for. In my case I attached the calling card of HR manager in my application. It is also important that you did not do any violation in the company you worked for because that may be a ground for rejection of your application once the CIC contacted your employer for records verification.

The immigration officer might suggest to file for another stream once they are overloaded with the processing of so many application but the request seldom's happen or it only happens on a case to case basis.

This will be the biggest problem before i submit my application. Because my previous employer won't issue the letter or COE for me. What can i do now?

MC

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 May 2010
Doc's Request.
10 june 2010
AOR Received.
10 june 2010
Med's Request
10 june 2010
Med's Done....
21 june 2010
Passport Req..
10 june 2010
VISA ISSUED...
23 September 2010
LANDED..........
Soon
I applied for the Manitoba PNP family stream june 09.

Once this is through , how do u go about for the federal application.
what is the time line from applying the federal application to getting the visa.

Anythings we should start preparing now to save time later.

would really appreciate the help.

joy_p

Star Member
Jun 2, 2009
hi! we sent our application under family stream last march 2010. did everybody receive the LOR? or are there instances where they no longer acknowledge the receipt of your applications? Some say they received the LOR within a month.

enjiniko

Jan 10, 2010
MC said:
I applied for the Manitoba PNP family stream june 09.

Once this is through , how do u go about for the federal application.
what is the time line from applying the federal application to getting the visa.

Anythings we should start preparing now to save time later.

would really appreciate the help.
If you have applied already under MPNP family stream, what is your reason for applying under Federal Skilled application? Any movement in your MPNP application? Did you received any acknowledgement letter from MPNP? Did your family who will sponsor you have been interviewed already? Applying through FSW is another scheme and will entail another processing fee.

danny2009

Feb 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore transferred to Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May, 2012
Nomination.....
April 2012
File Transfer...
February 2014
Med's Request
March 2014/Further test on 16 April, 2014
Med's Done....
21Mar2014.Ecas:In Process:29May2014, Decision Made:15Jun2014
Passport Req..
17 June, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
04 Jul,2014 but just received the processed passports 04Aug, 2014
LANDED..........
September 2014
Hi,
My old skilled worker application was pending review, I don't know when my file will be approved. Can I apply as a skilled worker through Provincial Nominee Manitoba? My IELTS result is still in valid since October of 2008?

Danny

shaheer3

Apr 5, 2010
Hello, I am new to this forum, i have a question i have applied in MPNP last year.Today i got a letter of refusal stating that u have fullfilled all the requirements for MPNP but as ur brother is a canadian citizen living in toronto ur ties r strong to wards toronato hence they have given me a chance of appeal. I am lost as i have 60 points they needed only 55, i have shown enough funds. I have no interest in moving to toronto as my cousin lives in mannitoba and i want to stay in there.Can some one please help me how to gett around this question of strong ties to toronto,or any body give me the name and ph number of a lawyer who handles the same kind of situation.
Thanks in advace.

MC

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 May 2010
Doc's Request.
10 june 2010
AOR Received.
10 june 2010
Med's Request
10 june 2010
Med's Done....
21 june 2010
Passport Req..
10 june 2010
VISA ISSUED...
23 September 2010
LANDED..........
Soon
enjiniko,

I have only applied for the Mpnp, Once you have been accepted by the Manitoba gov, then you have to apply to the Canadian consulate in your country that is called the federal application.
I received a loa a month after the application was submitted, my Aunt was interviewed recently so I am accepting a answer soon.

Anyone going through the second part of the application process here, pls advise what to expect , what are the paperwork we are looking at, so I can prepare my papers quickly.