+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Professional Suggestion Needed - Can anyone advise me?

Nov 9, 2011
Here is my situation:

1. I am a Permanent Resident of Canada.
2. I applied for my spouse sponsor in early Sep 2011.
3. Sponsorship approved from Mississauaga and case sent to CHC ISB.
4. My wife applied for visit visa and she got it with visa expiry date on visa as 2-Nov-2012.
5. She came on visit visa on in end of May 2012.
6. I applied for her Alberta Health Coverage as my spouse and she got it even on visit visa.
7. She is 4 month pregnant and we expect delivery of baby in March 2013.
8. We got our 2nd / re-medical call letter from CHC ISB. which we have done here in Canada on 24-Jul-2012.
9. We also informed CHC ISB that my wife is pregnant and expected date of delivery is in Marc 2013.
10. As she has Alberta Health Coverage so expenses for baby birth are not an issue.
11. Her visa will expire at the end of Nov so to give our baby birth in Canada I applied for
12. Her extension of visa in early Sep 2013 (decision is awaited).

Question 1
BSA did not mention or write any date on the entry stamp to Canada (means she has to leave Canada before 180th day and not on the date of visa expiry mentioned on sticker.
Correct me what is the last date she can stay without any extension in Canada e.g. if she arrived in Canada on 30-May-2012 would it be 2-Nov-2012 or 30-Nov-2012.

Question 2
Now if my wife gets another letter from CHC ISB asking to send her passport for visa immigration visa issuance (which I am expecting somewhere in Nov. / Dec. 2012), what would be our options as she would be here till delivery. Can she get immigration visa issued while her legal stay / extension in Canada? If so what should we do to get it?

Question 3
Can we send her passport via DHL / Fedex etc to CHC Pakistan for getting her immigrant visa and landing papers issued and sent directly to Canada address?

Question 4
If she gets the passport / visa call from CHC ISB in Nov / Dec and if we delay her return to Pakistan for obtaining the immigrant visa till April / May, will there be any issue in that?

Question 5
As she is on visit visa she can't open a bank account as she does not have SIN card. But after the birth of baby if we need to exten her visa (as CHC is slow in clearing the cases) how we can claim the Child Benefit Tax Refund?

Question 6
What should be the best solution in my case?

Anyone having sound knowledge of such cases, please advise me what to do? Thanks in advance.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
I didn't have answers to your questions so I tried to find some and found this thread. I only read the first 2 posts and figured that this may guide you in the right direction. It looks like your wife may be eligible for Alberta Health Care.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/alberta-health-care-insurance-for-visitor-t82226.0.html

*and to the above post; just ignore. Don't feed the trolls...

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Sorry, I know I said to ignore and to not feed the trolls, but it is people like this that really bug me on this forum....

Here is a quote from Mr. Kano...

Kano said:
I am Canadian citizen in a 2-year relationship with a Filipina residing in the Philippines. We have been discussing marriage lately.
Problem: Many many years ago, I sponsored my first wife (non-Filipino). There was a 10 year undertaking. This marriage did not work out. There was approximately 2 years left in the undertaking. She ended up on welfare soley because she was too lazy to work. Therefore, from a CIC standpoint I breached that undertaking by not providing for her during the entire 10 year period.
Now, if my Filipina girlfriend and I decide to get married, will I be able to sponsor her to Canada? The wording on the CIC website states:
"You may not be eligible to be a sponsor if you:
•failed to provide financial support you agreed to when you signed a sponsorship agreement to sponsor another relative in the past."
The key words are "may not be eligible". To me, this does not mean, will not be eligible.
Is this a grey area that is open to interpretation based on individual circumstances?
and also...

Kano said:
That would be a fair chunk of change ($20k+). Especially, since most undertakings are for 3 years (even at that time). Yes, I know I signed it. If it came down to it, I wonder if the payments could be done on an installment basis.

Thanks for the reply nonetheless.

I hope to get some more insight on this.
and also...

Kano said:
Once again, thanks for your reply.

Another idea that I have is for her apply to come here through the Live In Caregiver Program. Certainly, that does take much longer but then it seems to be much less of a hassel.

Now, if she does apply through that program, what would happen to her application if we were to get married before her application is approved? Would us getting married screw things up for her to come here as a Caregiver? Or, could she still continue with that application?

Another question, are those that apply for the Caregiver Program always accepted into the program? I mean if there are no medical or other issues with the application.

Thanks!
It seems he is trying to get his girlfriend in the back door, using the Live In Caregiver Program, so that he doesn't have to pay back money owed from a previous sponsorship. Why don't you "do things properly" Mr. Kano.

MRS SAM

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2012
Visa Office......
London via Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 aug 12
Doc's Request.
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
22 oct 12
File Transfer...
25 oct 12
Med's Request
re medical 4 Dec 14
Med's Done....
12 Dec 14
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
05-07-2015
Lonely Husband said:
Here is my situation:

1. I am a Permanent Resident of Canada.
2. I applied for my spouse sponsor in early Sep 2011.
3. Sponsorship approved from Mississauaga and case sent to CHC ISB.
4. My wife applied for visit visa and she got it with visa expiry date on visa as 2-Nov-2012.
5. She came on visit visa on in end of May 2012.
6. I applied for her Alberta Health Coverage as my spouse and she got it even on visit visa.
7. She is 4 month pregnant and we expect delivery of baby in March 2013.
8. We got our 2nd / re-medical call letter from CHC ISB. which we have done here in Canada on 24-Jul-2012.
9. We also informed CHC ISB that my wife is pregnant and expected date of delivery is in Marc 2013.
10. As she has Alberta Health Coverage so expenses for baby birth are not an issue.
11. Her visa will expire at the end of Nov so to give our baby birth in Canada I applied for
12. Her extension of visa in early Sep 2013 (decision is awaited).

Question 1
BSA did not mention or write any date on the entry stamp to Canada (means she has to leave Canada before 180th day and not on the date of visa expiry mentioned on sticker.
Correct me what is the last date she can stay without any extension in Canada e.g. if she arrived in Canada on 30-May-2012 would it be 2-Nov-2012 or 30-Nov-2012.

Question 2
Now if my wife gets another letter from CHC ISB asking to send her passport for visa immigration visa issuance (which I am expecting somewhere in Nov. / Dec. 2012), what would be our options as she would be here till delivery. Can she get immigration visa issued while her legal stay / extension in Canada? If so what should we do to get it?

Question 3
Can we send her passport via DHL / Fedex etc to CHC Pakistan for getting her immigrant visa and landing papers issued and sent directly to Canada address?

Question 4
If she gets the passport / visa call from CHC ISB in Nov / Dec and if we delay her return to Pakistan for obtaining the immigrant visa till April / May, will there be any issue in that?

Question 5
As she is on visit visa she can't open a bank account as she does not have SIN card. But after the birth of baby if we need to exten her visa (as CHC is slow in clearing the cases) how we can claim the Child Benefit Tax Refund?

Question 6
What should be the best solution in my case?

Anyone having sound knowledge of such cases, please advise me what to do? Thanks in advance.

i have no idea about ur rest of questions but for this i know

Question 3

its not allowed in pakistan to couerier passport internationally. you wont allow to send it through fedex or dhl and cant even get back throught them..you can send that with someone who is traveling to pakistan. but even then she has to re-enter canada on her immigration visa. and at that point of time immigration may be ask you how you get visa because visa was issued during her stay in canada.

Question 4

delying wont make any issue but you dont know how much delay because that depend on CIC when they contact you again for passport

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
What about going to the consulate for her country here in Canada, requesting a second passport, and then asking the consulate here to send it to the VO? Not sure if it can be done, although I have read about others acquiring second passports on this forum. Just a thought, not sure about it though....

Kano

Sep 8, 2012
Jamgirl said:
Sorry, I know I said to ignore and to not feed the trolls, but it is people like this that really bug me on this forum....

Here is a quote from Mr. Kano...

and also...

and also...

It seems he is trying to get his girlfriend in the back door, using the Live In Caregiver Program, so that he doesn't have to pay back money owed from a previous sponsorship. Why don't you "do things properly" Mr. Kano.
How is this going throught the backdoor? Everything is legit and above board.
What would NOT be legit would be intentionally getting my gf pregnant with the hope of H&C grounds to speed up my application.
Next, this person will be claiming refugee status if her extension is denied.

collectskulls

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-12
AOR Received.
2-10-12
File Transfer...
2-10-12
Med's Done....
26-06-12
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
19-02-13
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-13
LANDED..........
19-03-13
sorry to burst your bubble but it is legal in Alberta to do that with your spouse......every province is different.....

Kano said:
She should NOT be receiving any provincial health benefits on a TRV. I hope this is discovered BEFORE you are forced to repay any fraudulently obtained benefits.
Stop trying to go through the backdoor. Do things properly. Did you think getting her pregnant would speed up your case? What will you do when her extension is REFUSED all because CIC is not blind to your scam? I hope you get caught!

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Kano said:
How is this going throught the backdoor? Everything is legit and above board.
What would NOT be legit would be intentionally getting my gf pregnant with the hope of H&C grounds to speed up my application.
Next, this person will be claiming refugee status if her extension is denied.
He got his wife pregnant, I am pretty sure that is a normal thing to do in a marriage.... And no where does he mention H&C, he simply asks about extensions as he is clearly going through the Permanent Resident process.

If your doing things so legit, why don't you man up to your previous sponsorship agreement and pay what you owe, regardless if your girlfriend comes to Canada or not.

Kano

Sep 8, 2012
Jamgirl said:
He got his wife pregnant, I am pretty sure that is a normal thing to do in a marriage.... And no where does he mention H&C, he simply asks about extensions as he is clearly going through the Permanent Resident process.

If your doing things so legit, why don't you man up to your previous sponsorship agreement and pay what you owe, regardless if your girlfriend comes to Canada or not.
When planning for a family, wouldn't it make sense to do so when life as a little more under control? Like, when everyone is settled in and not at risk of being given the boot? HELLLOOOOO!!!!!

Oh, I already have been paying up. For the past 7 years as a matter of fact. That is just a little twist in my story. Just threw that part in on behalf of a friend in a similar situation.

Anything else Sweetheart?

MRS SAM

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2012
Visa Office......
London via Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 aug 12
Doc's Request.
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
22 oct 12
File Transfer...
25 oct 12
Med's Request
re medical 4 Dec 14
Med's Done....
12 Dec 14
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
05-07-2015
Kano said:
When planning for a family, wouldn't it make sense to do so when life as a little more under control? Like, when everyone is settled in and not at risk of being given the boot? HELLLOOOOO!!!!!

Oh, I already have been paying up. For the past 7 years as a matter of fact. That is just a little twist in my story. Just threw that part in on behalf of a friend in a similar situation.

Anything else Sweetheart?
it depend on culture and family that when should some one start planning family. and lonely husband is from pakistan and in our religion we believe that birth and death is under control of God . and he is the biggest planner God know better then us that what is good for us and when what should happen.

and if we go for your option then more then hundreds of people in canada and UK who is taking welfare not allowed to star planning family if you think taking any beneifet from that is illegal .

Kano

Sep 8, 2012
MRS SAM said:
and if we go for your option then more then hundreds of people in canada and UK who is taking welfare not allowed to star planning family if you think taking any beneifet from that is illegal .
I am a firm believer that if you are a citizen of this great country then you are entitled to reap the rewards whether you are on welfare or not. BUT, UNTIL THEN, why should I have to pay the bills of VISITORS here? If you are without status here then you must pay your own bills. Too many freeloaders here already.. we don't need anymore.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
In Alberta the provincial government will give medical coverage to temporary visitors if the visitors are there waiting for a spouse/partner based PR visa. There is nothing illegal about this. I think the gov't is doing this because they realize the person waiting for the PR visa will be a resident of Alberta soon, and it makes sense to make sure any such visitor has access to health care - even more important if it is a pregnant womam. Better to pay a bit more for proper prenatal care, than to pay a lot later if the child (a Canadian citizen) is born prematurely or with health problems that might have been prevented with the right care.

I don't know if any other provinces will give health coverage under these circumstances, but in Alberta it is perfectly legal.

muchacha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala.. now Mexico?
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
16-12-2012
File Transfer...
19-09-2012
Sigh... the original post makes me sad. My husband's TRV was just rejected on the grounds that they didn't believe he would leave Canada (he 100% WOULD have - we submitted lots of proof of ties back here and reasons of why he would come back, all of which were true) I don't believe that proof mattered. It is cases like these, outlined above, which make it impossible for the rest of us to get our spouses to Canada for a brief visit. The lucky few who DO get TRVs for spouses end up staying put!!! no wonder success rate is <1%

Anywho, that's my rant... I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
I don't think blaming the OP is really fair. I think Canada's immigration system really needs to come up with some sort of a temporary visa for spouses and dependents who need a visa to enter Canada. I understand your pain, since my husband and I also live apart at the moment. He is not from a visa exempt country and there is no hope for his TRV. We are just hoping for a quick PR processing at this point. I have been traveling a lot to visit him, and he has never been to Canada.

I don't know if US still has it, but they used to have the fiance class. Not sure why we can't have something similar. I would understand the lack of existence of such visas if the processing was 2-3months long. However, with processing times of 6+ months, I think it starts to be too much stress that can be avoided easily by introducing a temporary visa class bearing the dual intent, especially for families that have a pr in process.
Can anyone imagine living apart from their spouses and kids for 2 years really?

What buggles my mind, is that if I had a work permit to work in Canada, my husband could get a dependent visa and come here immediately. No questions asked. Now that bugs me.

Kano

Sep 8, 2012
canadianwoman said:
In Alberta the provincial government will give medical coverage to temporary visitors if the visitors are there waiting for a spouse/partner based PR visa. There is nothing illegal about this. I think the gov't is doing this because they realize the person waiting for the PR visa will be a resident of Alberta soon, and it makes sense to make sure any such visitor has access to health care - even more important if it is a pregnant womam. Better to pay a bit more for proper prenatal care, than to pay a lot later if the child (a Canadian citizen) is born prematurely or with health problems that might have been prevented with the right care.

I don't know if any other provinces will give health coverage under these circumstances, but in Alberta it is perfectly legal.
If you are here as a visitor, pay your own freakin' bills. I don't believe that anyone should be given free healthcare on the assumption that their PR application will be approved. How many apps are refused? In the meantime we should pay for these bogus applicants? Especially when they are coming from a country that is well known to immigration officials as being full of fraudsters and scammers? Come on.... give your head a shake!
It's scammer like this that make it difficult on others seeking a TRV.
Get in line like the rest of us!