+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - Timeline

yjcool1

Feb 24, 2012
delray said:
Thanks for starting this thread, hope others share their experiences as the wait is quite nervewracking
This is my situation to date
According to on line status, my pr application was received April 18, 2013, started processing May 28, approved July 10. So far 85 days total and haven't heard anything aside from checking online. I will call center if I don't get contacted soon.
Hi Delray,

You should call CIC since they indicates within 4 week of approval, you should receive the PR card. Unless they ask you to pick it up at the CIC office near to you, you should see the card in the mail by now.

john_petrucci

May 2, 2013
Moe... said:
Hi john_petrucci, from the date they received my application, i was able to see it online after 2 weeks. I use Client ID.
Hi Moe,

Thanks for your reply. I have sent my pr card renewal application by mail over 6 weeks ago but still cannot find the status of my application. I am using the receipt number. How did you get the Client ID number? Can you suggest me anything to track the status of my application?

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
john_petrucci said:
Hi Moe,

Thanks for your reply. I have sent my pr card renewal application by mail over 6 weeks ago but still cannot find the status of my application. I am using the receipt number. How did you get the Client ID number? Can you suggest me anything to track the status of my application?
I got my Client ID number when i had applied for my spouse's immigration. Some people can check online using receipt number or some number on their PR card. You can wait for couple of more weeks, if it still doesn't show online, you can contact CIC agent and ask what's going on. May be they are able to track it. Had you ever checked your status online ever? You can try to use the same method. Keep us updated.

Must1

Aug 22, 2013
Hi!
i got my pr in jan 2006 but came to Canada in oct 2010.
My pr expired in jan 2011.i stayed from oct 2010 til nov 2012 and then applied for pr renewal ie after 730 days in Canada. I got a residency questionnaire in June 2013 which I replied in July 2013.
Since 2 months am waiting.
Called the cic office and they said wait for 24-36 months

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Must1 said:
Hi!
i got my pr in jan 2006 but came to Canada in oct 2010.
My pr expired in jan 2011.i stayed from oct 2010 til nov 2012 and then applied for pr renewal ie after 730 days in Canada. I got a residency questionnaire in June 2013 which I replied in July 2013.
Since 2 months am waiting.
Called the cic office and they said wait for 24-36 months
They told me the same 36 months or less of processing time for PR Card renewal. Did they tell you which office your file is in right now?

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
24-36 months!!!! OMG this crazy! I have heard from a friend that if you are applying for the citizenship and quite close to obtain it, they usually lay your PR application aside as it won't be needed at this stage...so saving time and effort for your citizenship application!! What do you think?!!

Must1

Aug 22, 2013
My file is in Ottawa office !!!!!!it was sent to Hamilton office first but now the rq I got was from ottawa

Canary1907

Jul 19, 2013
received my aplication on june 28 ant started processing august 19 i dont know how long will it take time to renewel my card

ajoshi

Jan 19, 2006
applied for pr renewal aug 20,2013 (requested urgent process )
started processing aug 23, 2013
application was approved aug 26,2013
received PR CARD AUG 29,2013

purple shark

Jun 23, 2013
Moe... said:
Hi john_petrucci, from the date they received my application, i was able to see it online after 2 weeks. I use Client ID.

Hi purple shark, No i did not get questionnaire. My mailing address is same as residential address. How many days you have been in Canada in the last 5 yrs from the date Sydney received your application? My file moved from Sydney to Hamilton and now in Ottawa office. I wonder why they sent it to Ottawa office.
Moe, I'd been here for 3.5 out of 5 years. 36 months is atrocious! Did they not give you a reason?

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajoshi said:
applied for pr renewal aug 20,2013 (requested urgent process )
started processing aug 23, 2013
application was approved aug 26,2013
received PR CARD AUG 29,2013
ajoshi, Congratulations!! on receiving your PR Card. It is a big accomplishment when compared to other peoples application timeline and how CIC is treating PR Card Renewals these days.

Can i ask you if you had been outside of Canada in the last 5 yrs? And how many days did you declare on your application you have been in Canada?

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purple shark said:
Moe, I'd been here for 3.5 out of 5 years. 36 months is atrocious! Did they not give you a reason?
purple shark, the reason they gave me was due to further verification.

ajoshi

Jan 19, 2006
moe,
thank you,

yes i have been out side of canada and but when i applied for renewal my total days in canada was around 769 ( also i am employed so i also had letter from employer total days absent in last 2 years i guess that helped me too) , and i was surprised that it went through clearly but i will be very honest i kept my record very clear so they can have see all the details i have also sent them my expired passport copy with current passport copy which almost 6 years old :: but just to be on safer side :: had requested urgent process ::

This forum helps a lot specially LEON and all the experts they have great input

Thank you

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Hi Moe...

So, any updates on your PR renewal application? Any idea why it is taking this long?

rpk

Dec 20, 2012
Hi ajoshi
It's really useful to know the way you applied for the PR card renewal. You said that you made everything clear, and also requested urgent processing. Did you attach a copy of your air ticket, to show that you need the PR card to be renewed urgently. Even without an air ticket, can we request for urgent processing? It would be useful for everybody to know that the types of documents that you attached with the application.
Thanks