am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
am4u2ster

I concur with Moe...you can be issued both Citizenship RQ and PR RQ. This especially if your Citizenship RQ is still in Sidney awaiting review when you apply for PR and it gets to the processing stage prior to Citizenship Officer reviewing your Citizenship RQ. Its logical they issue separate RQs as the 2 processes cover different Acts of Parliament with distinct features e.g PR is about physical presence = residence whereas for Citizenship not entirely the case. Timelines too are different 3/4 years viz 2/5 years, IRPA has misrepresentation clauses, CA doesn't etc.

From my inference Dual RQs appear to be targeted at those with self employment with travel for most of their 'qualifying residence' period...does this apply to you (apologies if you mentioned this already haven't gone back on your threads).
I been outside of canada for only the period of 128 days, there are 2 trip one in 2011 and another one is on 2013, i have worked self-employed in from july-2011 untill december-2011, giving private classs to kids on math and science, from january 2008 to august 2010 i worked full time then completed my graduation from august 2010 to march 2011, i did not worked on that period, from january-2012 till date i am working as full time. i don't knmow what gorund of suspicious they are reviewing it.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am4u2ster said:
I been outside of canada for only the period of 128 days, there are 2 trip one in 2011 and another one is on 2013, i have worked self-employed in from july-2011 untill december-2011, giving private classs to kids on math and science, from january 2008 to august 2010 i worked full time then completed my graduation from august 2010 to march 2011, i did not worked on that period, from january-2012 till date i am working as full time. i don't knmow what gorund of suspicious they are reviewing it.
i forgot to quote, today i spoke to CIC-agent, and she told me your citizenship file is in mississauga, and RQ file is at St.clair for a further review.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
am4u2ster

I concur with Moe...you can be issued both Citizenship RQ and PR RQ. This especially if your Citizenship RQ is still in Sidney awaiting review when you apply for PR and it gets to the processing stage prior to Citizenship Officer reviewing your Citizenship RQ. Its logical they issue separate RQs as the 2 processes cover different Acts of Parliament with distinct features e.g PR is about physical presence = residence whereas for Citizenship not entirely the case. Timelines too are different 3/4 years viz 2/5 years, IRPA has misrepresentation clauses, CA doesn't etc.

From my inference Dual RQs appear to be targeted at those with self employment with travel for most of their 'qualifying residence' period...does this apply to you (apologies if you mentioned this already haven't gone back on your threads).

"self employment with travel for most of their 'qualifying residence' period". That's me unfortunately. And i got 2 RQs one for PR Card renewal & other for Citizenship. I furnished documentation for both the RQs and now waiting.

I completed 1130 days before applying for both PR Card renewal & Citizenship. For most of the period i worked as self employed. Was working in USA for 2.9 yrs out of the 5 yr period.

Msafiri, what is your story so far? Care to share? How to you define misrepresentation?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe... said:
......Msafiri, what is your story so far? Care to share? How to you define misrepresentation?
I got citizenship back when the Liberals were in power. Misrepresentation is defined in the IRPA across multiple clauses but basically if you state something that is not truthful then its misrepresentation.