+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - Timeline

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
benk said:
Hi Moe...

So, any updates on your PR renewal application? Any idea why it is taking this long?
They have sent me RQ form to fill and send it back with lot of documentation.

Must1

Aug 22, 2013
Hi Moe

Is your RQ for the PR renewal or citizenship application?

Did you hear anything regarding the citizenship application?

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Must1 said:
Hi Moe

Is your RQ for the PR renewal or citizenship application?

Did you hear anything regarding the citizenship application?
I had made 2 applications, one for PR Card renewal & another for Citizenship. I got RQ for both just a week apart. I replied to them with all the documentation they had requested. After i submitted my RQs no updates yet.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamer43 said:
Any clue, why would u get RQ ??
I have applied for PR Renewal on 9th Sep 2013, after a few week my ecas got updated and they have started processing my PR Renewal on October 27th 2013, however my question raised to you guys, i have applied for my citizenship application, on September-2012 and they have started processing my application on Feb-2013, and i have received the RQ before the Citizenship test on April-2013 and i have submitted all the required documents within a 45 days time frame, now my questions for you do i suppose to receive another RQ for my PR Renewal? looking forward to your comments.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am4u2ster said:
I have applied for PR Renewal on 9th Sep 2013, after a few week my ecas got updated and they have started processing my PR Renewal on October 27th 2013, however my question raised to you guys, i have applied for my citizenship application, on September-2012 and they have started processing my application on Feb-2013, and i have received the RQ before the Citizenship test on April-2013 and i have submitted all the required documents within a 45 days time frame, now my questions for you do i suppose to receive another RQ for my PR Renewal? looking forward to your comments.
PR renewal & Citizenship applications are treated as differently by CIC. If you received RQ for one does not guarantee that you may or may not receive RQ for another application. It just depends on the immigration officer who is processing your case. If there are things which concern him and have doubts, he/she may request RQ for any thing any time.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe... said:
I had made 2 applications, one for PR Card renewal & another for Citizenship. I got RQ for both just a week apart. I replied to them with all the documentation they had requested. After i submitted my RQs no updates yet.
That's some tough luck right there...did you keep a copy of the PR Card RQ? There doesn't seem to be a copy available online. The Citizenship RQ is available on several websites including one by poster 'eileenf'. By the way there are reports from RQd applicants of a new Citizenship RQ form version now out requiring docs just for the 4 year qualifying period but no source of this document as yet. The last PR Card renewal RQ I came across was dated 2002 and was a 3 page document very similar to the current PR Card renewal form.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
That's some tough luck right there...did you keep a copy of the PR Card RQ? There doesn't seem to be a copy available online. The Citizenship RQ is available on several websites including one by poster 'eileenf'. By the way there are reports from RQd applicants of a new Citizenship RQ form version now out requiring docs just for the 4 year qualifying period but no source of this document as yet. The last PR Card renewal RQ I came across was dated 2002 and was a 3 page document very similar to the current PR Card renewal form.
Msafiri,

You are a well informed person my friend. The PR RQ is still 3 pages long. Its cover letter has the list of documents requested by the CIC officer processing the application. The Citizenship RQ is 5 pages long and requires to submit documents of just 4 yr period prior to the date you sign the application.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Citizenship: I have applied for my citizenship grant, on September-2012, and they started processing my application, on Feb-2013 and no wonder i have received an RQ on Apri-2013 before the citizenship test.
i have called CIC-call center today and the agent advised me your citizenship file is in mississauga office, and RQ file is at St.claire for a further review.

PR Renewal: i have a applied for my PR renewal on 9th September 2013, they have started processing my application on 27th October 2013, still no news or approval on my PR renewal application.
i have called the cic-agent today and they advise me your file is still under review, and your file is still at sydney, they are reviewing your file. it is been over a 3 months of my PR renewal, fraustrating, nothing is happening.

Is there any chances that they have sent me an RQ for Citizenship, do they send me an RQ for PR renewal.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am4u2ster said:
Citizenship: I have applied for my citizenship grant, on September-2012, and they started processing my application, on Feb-2013 and no wonder i have received an RQ on Apri-2013 before the citizenship test.
i have called CIC-call center today and the agent advised me your citizenship file is in mississauga office, and RQ file is at St.claire for a further review.

PR Renewal: i have a applied for my PR renewal on 9th September 2013, they have started processing my application on 27th October 2013, still no news or approval on my PR renewal application.
i have called the cic-agent today and they advise me your file is still under review, and your file is still at sydney, they are reviewing your file. it is been over a 3 months of my PR renewal, fraustrating, nothing is happening.

Is there any chances that they have sent me an RQ for Citizenship, do they send me an RQ for PR renewal.
I had got RQ for both. It depends on the immigration officer who is processing your application. If he has doubts or concerns, he may issue an RQ for PR Card renewal as well. Both RQs are 80% similar. If you had submitted RQ for Citizenship, it should be similar process. May be you need to wait for many more months for any update on your PR application.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe... said:
I had got RQ for both. It depends on the immigration officer who is processing your application. If he has doubts or concerns, he may issue an RQ for PR Card renewal as well. Both RQs are 80% similar. If you had submitted RQ for Citizenship, it should be similar process. May be you need to wait for many more months for any update on your PR application.
Hi Moe.
What is your time line for both citizenship and pr renewal.. please share your time line, as you and me are in the same boat..

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am4u2ster

I concur with Moe...you can be issued both Citizenship RQ and PR RQ. This especially if your Citizenship RQ is still in Sidney awaiting review when you apply for PR and it gets to the processing stage prior to Citizenship Officer reviewing your Citizenship RQ. Its logical they issue separate RQs as the 2 processes cover different Acts of Parliament with distinct features e.g PR is about physical presence = residence whereas for Citizenship not entirely the case. Timelines too are different 3/4 years viz 2/5 years, IRPA has misrepresentation clauses, CA doesn't etc.

From my inference Dual RQs appear to be targeted at those with self employment with travel for most of their 'qualifying residence' period...does this apply to you (apologies if you mentioned this already haven't gone back on your threads).