+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal through online application

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On February 23rd 2023 I have submitted the online application for the renewal of my PR card.
The submission was accepted.
On April 26th I noticed that on the PR portal website my application was marked as "returned"
with the reason: "incomplete application". I did the application in the same way as my husband
and he did receive his renewed PR card last week.
I also did not get any feedback from IRCC on which documents and/or information is wrong or missing.
I also phoned the help-line: 1-888-242-2100, but they wanted to have my application number, which neither
I nor my husband have received on submit.
I would be very grateful for any advice of how to fix this situation!
Thank you
Gabrielle
If you are certain that your application is in fact complete, it's possible that it's part of the glitch that many have reported with the online portal, that eventually go away. Read through this thread for more info:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-portal-incomplete-application.790515/

gabrielle_z

Apr 28, 2023
Hi Ponga,
Thanks for your fast reply and the link to this other thread. So perhaps there still is hope that things will get sorted out. I'll update if and when I should get my card.
Thanks again
Gabrielle

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Hi Ponga,
Thanks for your fast reply and the link to this other thread. So perhaps there still is hope that things will get sorted out. I'll update if and when I should get my card.
Thanks again
Gabrielle
Are you able to view the application? Or is the button greyed out? If you can’t view it, it’s a glitch

Reactions: Tall ganesh

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
On February 23rd 2023 I have submitted the online application for the renewal of my PR card.
On April 26th I noticed that on the PR portal website my application was marked as "returned"
with the reason: "incomplete application". I did the application in the same way as my husband
I also did not get any feedback from IRCC on which documents and/or information is wrong or missing.
I also phoned the help-line: 1-888-242-2100, but they wanted to have my application number, which neither
Thank you
Gabrielle
If your status on portal show "returned" but the "review" button is gray (you cannot actively open your application and edit then resubmit), it could be a phantom mistake, just take it as it. The issue will disappear itself several days later.
If you can review and edit your application, it's a real return. For the reason, you could check every function of your portal account, maybe somewhere you can find the real reason mentioned.
Generally a real return happens around one month after your submission. As it's already close to two months, maybe it's your good signal

gabrielle_z

Apr 28, 2023
Hi Jeff and Bricksonly and thank you very much for your help.
The "View" button was not grayed out, so I was able to review my application. We went through it several times, but did not see any indication of an error or missing document. It's just the same as for my husband, where everything was working. I re-uploaded the photos, resubmitted the application. and got (as for the last time) the automated response that the renewal process has been initiated. I guess, I have to wait and see now...
Thanks again very, very much and any additional ideas are of course very welcome!
Gabrielle

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Yes, I submitted application for PR renewal online on Feb 25 and received the PR card on Apr 24.
did you receive any emails at any time form IRCC?

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Thank you
Gabrielle
The same issue I had my application was returned reason was incomplete

I went over my application multiple times and could not find anything missing then resubmitted my app on 25 March and so far nothing
not sure what to do thinking of sending a paper application

gabrielle_z

Apr 28, 2023
Yes, that's the same situation as for me. We checked the application multiple times, but nothing seems to be missing or wrong, and no error message anywhere. I now resubmitted my application by mail and online. The only feedback I got from IRCC was this automated message saying that the process was initiated. But, e.g. no application number, which would be needed to contact IRCC by phone.

idavid

Nov 6, 2019
My timeline:
Submitted PR renewal application online on Feb 2, 2023
Received incomplete application return reason glitch on Mar 8, 2023
Return reason disappeared on Mar 13, 2023
Linked to IRCC secure account on Mar 23, 2023
Application approved and mailed on May 3, 2023
PS. Did nothing with the glitch.

Tall ganesh

Aug 15, 2017
My timeline:
When u say u were able to link on IRCC secure account, are u referring to GC key account ?

lealealea

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 24, 2023.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 17, 2023.
  3. We started processing your application on March 17, 2023.
Phoned IRCC during the strike and was told nothing is updated in my mailed-in application after March 17. I could only find my first pr card application (back in 2017) when using gc key account. First PR card expired on Jun 2022, my case might need extra time to verify since I submitted the application a week after I met the residency obligation.

Reactions: Kiva667

lealealea

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone think if I can make the case urgent for summer vacation reason? It doesn't fit in the three listed urgent situation but my kids want a summer vacation.

idavid

Nov 6, 2019
My timeline:
Never received AOR. Just now received an email notification "We updated your application status (R*********)". Just the same details as yesterday.

Tall ganesh

Aug 15, 2017
Sharing my PR card renewal timeline.

Applied through online pr portal on March 14th 2023, received card today. Never received AOR, till now unable to link application in GC key account and application not traceable through ECAS too. In PR portal still the status says submitted.

Reactions: Armstrong17