+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal through online application

b@n

May 26, 2023
Sharing my PR card renewal timeline.
Submitted PR renewal application online on Feb 27, 2023
Received incomplete application return reason glitch appeard
- Return reason didi not disappear
Linked to IRCC secure account on may 18, 2023 ( after two months of trying)
Application approved and mailed on May 25, 2023

PS. Did nothing with the glitch. / PR renewal application online stil shows the application as incomplete. I did not receive any emails or aor.
Linking to IRCC account is the only way to have any update. Do not expect any emails. or AOR.

popsicle9900

Mar 24, 2022
I got my renewed PR card in the mail yesterday. Submitted online on March 28th.

No update on the portal at all (Still shows as submitted). Wasn't able to connect to GCkey or check with ECAS. No idea how IRCC works, but hey, I am not complaining :D.

Reactions: YVR123

Jesuisvincent

Nov 29, 2017
I got my renewed PR card in the mail yesterday. Submitted online on March 28th.

No update on the portal at all (Still shows as submitted). Wasn't able to connect to GCkey or check with ECAS. No idea how IRCC works, but hey, I am not complaining :D.
Hi, which site did you actually apply from, is it https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login ?
Just want to make sure I applied on the correct site.
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Armstrong17

otmans

Apr 14, 2018
Hi, I applied for PR card renewal online on 28/4/2023. I was only able to link the online application to my IRCC account yesterday. From experience, does that mean a decision on the application is imminent or they only just began looking at the file? Thanks !

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
How can one view the submitted details for an application on PR Portal?
Once submitted you can't see the details of your application. If for whatever reason they send the application back for any reason, only then you can see the application details again. My wife s application was sent back for photo not being as per specs. It let us upload another picture and submitted it again.

Reactions: YVR123

Doreo_1

Jul 2, 2023
Once submitted you can't see the details of your application. If for whatever reason they send the application back for any reason, only then you can see the application details again. My wife s application was sent back for photo not being as per specs. It let us upload another picture and submitted it again.
Got it, thanks.

Hinka7

Apr 4, 2023
Can someone please tell me how they uploaded the back photo? I only have a digital copy of the front.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Is it safe to assume that a paper submission is more reliable ?

did anyone who already sent it online have any major issues?

Last edited:

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Is it safe to assume that a paper submission is more reliable ?

did anyone who already sent it online have any major issues?
I applied online and it was a breeze compared to scanning, then printing them out and then mailing it Wich also costs money. My online application got processed in 2 months from the day of submission. Highly recommend goin through the online path.

Last edited:

Hinka7

Apr 4, 2023
I applied online and it was a breeze compared to scanning, then printing them out and then mailing it Wich also costs money. My online application got process in 2 months from the day of submission. Highly recommend goin through the online path.
May I ask how you went about posting the back of your photo? Did you scan or just take a photo of it?

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
May I ask how you went about posting the back of your photo? Did you scan or just take a photo of it?
Yes, when I took the photo at the photo studio, they gave me two hard copies with thier stamp. Signed the back and Took a photo from my phone and uploaded it.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Yes, when I took the photo at the photo studio, they gave me two hard copies with thier stamp. Signed the back and Took a photo from my phone and uploaded it.
When did you submit it? Was it after they required the 2 pieces of evidence that you reside in Canada or before?