+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal through online application

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
When did you submit it? Was it after they required the 2 pieces of evidence that you reside in Canada or before?
Applied in Feb 2023, got my PR card in April 2023. Don't remember the exact dates. Not sure about the two prices of evidence but if I remember correctly I think I uploaded drivers license and my OHIP card.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Applied in Feb 2023, got my PR card in April 2023. Don't remember the exact dates. Not sure about the two prices of evidence but if I remember correctly I think I uploaded drivers license and my OHIP card.
Thanks. Did you get some sort of number or something after you submitted it? I mean, something to identify your submitted application when you call IRCC for example

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Nothing lol. I applied and went through this thread and everyone mentioned that when you submit online you don't get an application number to track. Just wait and in 2 months you get the card. My wifes online allocation was sent back due to her picture not being within spec. We uploaded a new one and submitted it. Keep in mind that once you re submitted the timeline resets. So it was another two months after resubmission for her.

Last edited:

Hinka7

Apr 4, 2023
Nothing lol. I applied and went through this thread and everyone mentioned that when you submit online you don't get an application number to track. Just wait and in 2 months you get the card. My wifes online allocation was sent back due to her picture not being hot or spec. We uploaded a new one and submitted it. Keep in mind that once you re submitted the timeline resets. So it was another two months after resubmission for her.
Did it say what was wrong with her original photo?

Hinka7

Apr 4, 2023
Nothin. Just said picture is not good. We went to the studio and showed the rejection email. They took a new picture for free.
May I also ask, when you submitted your old resident card did you take a scan of the back as well or just the front?

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Also, quick question for someone who was able to do it, how to link your online PR card application to your ”My CIC” account so I can see the status? When you guys call IRCC to ask about the status, how do they find the application if there is no application number?
thanks

preet1911

Jun 30, 2015
Also, quick question for someone who was able to do it, how to link your online PR card application to your ”My CIC” account so I can see the status? When you guys call IRCC to ask about the status, how do they find the application if there is no application number?
thanks
I just linked my profile today , just google gc key log in , setup account using uci number and family name . Once u setup it ll show file submitted under your name ,

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
I just linked my profile today , just google gc key log in , setup account using uci number and family name . Once u setup it ll show file submitted under your name ,
Thanks.
When did you submit the application? Were you renewing your card? Did you upload jus a scan of your PR card?

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
I have a question for peeps that did their PR card renewal application online. When there are questions about, for example your full name from your confirmation of permanent residency and then underneath there is a question “Enter your current name, if different from above…” did you put something like “Not applicable“ or just left it blank? The same with the phone number and alternative number or residential address and mailing address “if different than residential”?

thanks

Jesuisvincent

Nov 29, 2017
Applied for renewal April 25
No status update, special case or communication to me whatsoever, even till now status is submitted in the website, got the card Sept 4.
Website says 83 days mine took longer.