+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - 2015 - Timeline

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
barabashka said:
That is why I think petition to minister is pointless. They know the situation, it will not change anything if we once again remind them of it.
Going to media is not pointless though, as then the pressure is applied from outside the organisation.
Today I read this and wants to share it, so media now aware of these problems created by CIC, we should share our stories to media ASAP.

Culture of “neglect and excuse-making” in the immigration department must change.

For too long, the Liberals under Jean Chrétien had taken a laissez faire approach in the immigration operation, letting bureaucrats run the department — making the system less transparent and more difficult for applicants.

That culture was further reinforced under the Stephen Harper government, despite the Conservatives’ micro-management approach in the immigration operation, he explained.

Immigrant support gradually slipped for the Chrétien Liberals because of neglect and lack of resources for the immigration department, said Boulakia. While immigrant communities initially bought into the Tories’ higher efficiency and anti-fraud immigration agenda, the support could only be sustained if officials continued to be indifferent to their interests and voices.

“The protest vote helped elect the (Justin) Trudeau Liberals, but eventually the same is going to happen if the government remains indifferent to their concerns,”

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
I read it all and I hope they will act upon that coz it's really getting so ridiculous. Third world countries would never get to that level of negligence and carelessness. Nothing is working with CIC not MP not booking 8000$ tickets not letters.....etc. THEY DON'T CARE!

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
CanadianME said:
I read it all and I hope they will act upon that coz it's really getting so ridiculous. Third world countries would never get to that level of negligence and carelessness. Nothing is working with CIC not MP not booking 8000$ tickets not letters.....etc. THEY DON'T CARE!
yesterday i was listening to one immigration consultant on local radio station she was there for her consultancy advertisements during some questions one thing she mentioned that all applications which were made during conservative regime are facing delays but applications made after liberal government are very fast. What is agenda behind it only CIC knows.

I don't know about others but personally i am feeling this is truth from last 2 months they didn't pick single file of secondary review.

CMcanada

Mar 22, 2016
My friends, I verified today in CIC webpage and my PR was approved on May 03rd, after a long time waiting. I hope I will receive it by this weekend seeing that I will be travelling this Sunday. Following my timeline:

1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 23, 2015.
2.We started processing your application on July 28, 2015.
3.We sent you a letter on July 28, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
4.Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on May 3, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

Good luck for everyone.

Mrmr

May 16, 2016
Hi,I am new to the forum.
my timeline for PR renewal- My card expires August 2015. I stayed in Canada 2 years and 3 month prior to my application for renewal.

Applied on July 9th 2015.

Email on December 15th 2015 stating that they my application received on July 13th 2015, and my file was sent to secondary review.
applied for Urgent processing on March 10 th 2016 with my tickets and receipts and no updates yet.

Hopeful2016

Dec 9, 2015
Mrmr said:
my timeline for PR renewal- My card expires August 2015. I stayed in Canada 2 years and 3 month prior to my application for renewal.

Email on December 15th 2015 stating that they my application received on July 13th 2015, and my file was sent to secondary review.
applied for Urgent processing on March 10 th 2016 with my tickets and receipts and no updates yet.
OMG urgent request since March and no update yet?!!
Did they even send you an email that they received the request and sent it to the processing center ?

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Mrmr said:

For Secondary Review files they don't allow Urgent Processing as per available info...

Mrmr

May 16, 2016
Hopeful2016 said:
OMG urgent request since March and no update yet?!!
Did they even send you an email that they received the request and sent it to the processing center ?
yep :(
I uploaded my documents through the web case inquiry and I got the automatic reply stating that they received my message.

Mrmr

May 16, 2016
AJK_9 said:
For Secondary Review files they don't allow Urgent Processing as per available info...
I have seen 3 cases for families their applications went through Secondary Review and they got their PR days prior to their fights.

ankipanki

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Mrmr said:
I have seen 3 cases for families their applications went through Secondary Review and they got their PR days prior to their fights.
True, some of them have also personally answered my questions.. & they were stuck for long in secondary review & things started only after urgent application.. But this was last year.. This year the trend that is seen is people who applied for urgent application in March are also still waiting whereas till last year the PR used to be done within few days of urgent application.. If there are any members who hav got urgent application processed within few days this year, then pls update.. It will help other members in understanding the timeline a bit..

CMcanada

Mar 22, 2016
I applied for urgent request in March 01st (flight tickets, hotel reservation, conference registration and conference confirmation that I will presenting a work there), and I received my PR this week. I will be travelling next Sunday.

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
I'm helping my friend (at least I try) and she is concerned a bit because there are no real updates. For renewal it still shows 59 days and the last update happened on May 6th. And the site says they're working on applications received on March 14th. Which is weird 'cause
they started processing her application on April 27th but there are no further updates so far.
She's asking if that's how it goes?
(My application last year took about three month and I never checked anything so I don't know nothing.)
What does 59 days mean anyways?