+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - 2015 - Timeline

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Hey Everybody

Wanted to check and see of there are other people waiting for their PR card renewal . I sent mine on June 17th . ECAS shows nothing even though it's been delivered . The only scary part is that the processing time for PR renewals is going up with every update they add . It was around 65 days at one point couple of months ago and now stands at 96 days . Any other people in the same boat ?

Let's share and stay connected .

Thanks

CanadaGirl35

Mar 26, 2015
1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 30, 2015.
2.We started processing your application on May 11, 2015.
3.Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on May 11, 2015. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.
4.Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on June 3, 2015.

Not bad, time-wise. Less than 30 days from processing to mailing! Smiley

Received PR card in mail June 10, 2015

You'll get a status update only when they start to process the application. In the ECAS report, it will state when they received the app and any other information.

Jerry1410

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Now it is summer time and people are on vacation and so the processing time will go up. There are fewer people to process the applications now.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
CanadaGirl35 said:
3.Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on May 11, 2015. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

You'll get a status update only when they start to process the application. In the ECAS report, it will state when they received the app and any other information.
How many days did u have into ur appln (out of 5 years) and how many travels in 5 years? Yours is an awesome timeline - I donot know what probes for a secondary review ???

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaGirl35 said:

that is pretty fast, ehh. Do you have your citizenship application in progress as well at the same time??

CanadaGirl35

Mar 26, 2015
boltz said:
How many days did u have into ur appln (out of 5 years) and how many travels in 5 years? Yours is an awesome timeline - I donot know what probes for a secondary review ???
My PR card was due to expire on May 15, 2015, so I mailed out my PR application on March 26, 2015. I believed my total travel time in the five years was 72 days. I'm a US citizen, so visa-exempt, and have been employed almost the entire time since my landing on March 13, 2010. I currently do not have a Canadian Citizen application in the works (to answer HighFive's question).

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
CanadaGirl35 said:
My PR card was due to expire on May 15, 2015, so I mailed out my PR application on March 26, 2015. I believed my total travel time in the five years was 72 days. I'm a US citizen, so visa-exempt, and have been employed almost the entire time since my landing on March 13, 2010. I currently do not have a Canadian Citizen application in the works (to answer HighFive's question).
That says all; urs is a straight and confident appln - 4 years 9 months out of 5 years... Congrats to you; and thx for responding. Good luck

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
CanadaGirl35 said:

Hey CanadaGirl35

Seems like the CIC gods were pretty happy with your application .. lol . Jokes apart but as stated by boltz , your application was straightforward . My file on the other hand is a little tricky . I completed my 730 days after the expiry of my PR card . Which I am guessing is a reason behind Secondary review applications .

Not sure if somebody has received their renewal without a secondary review despite applying for renewal with an expired PR card . I know there's nothing unlawful in doing that but just a suspicion element for immigration officers I guess .

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Jerry1410 said:
Now it is summer time and people are on vacation and so the processing time will go up. There are fewer people to process the applications now.
I have heard this from multiple people now . The processing time again went up to 101 days . Not sure when these vacations are going to end .

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
For what it worth, here is my timeline:

Application for PR card renewal sent April 10th, 2015.
That's it...No emails, nothing when I check online as well...

According to their timeline website they have now opened applications that have been received before April 15th...mine should be there I guess - but nothing is updated online as far as I can see.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
barabashka said:
For what it worth, here is my timeline:

Application for PR card renewal sent April 10th, 2015.
That's it...No emails, nothing when I check online as well...

According to their timeline website they have now opened applications that have been received before April 15th...mine should be there I guess - but nothing is updated online as far as I can see.
This sounds awful . Have you tried calling CIC to check as to why there are no updates at all ? Although I read somewhere that calling repeatedly can delay processing further as they start considering file as a suspicious one . I had some travel plans but donot want to finalise anything , unless I have my PR card with me.

Keep us posted
Thanks

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
CanadaGirl35 said:

Yikes, my card was approved on June 18th (received on April 13th), so it wont get mailed out for a month? :eek:

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Venky321,
When were you able to see your application status online? Have you had any information there before June 18th?
I wonder at what stage the status appears online...
Thanks.

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
barabashka said:
Venky321,
When were you able to see your application status online? Have you had any information there before June 18th?
I wonder at what stage the status appears online...
Thanks.
Only recently, a few days ago. I had to use my receipt number, wouldn't pick up my old PR card number to check status.