+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - 2015 - Timeline

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
venky321 said:
Only recently, a few days ago. I had to use my receipt number, wouldn't pick up my old PR card number to check status.
Hi Venky321, which receipt number did you use. Is it the fee receipt which we pay online?

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
venky321 said:
Only recently, a few days ago. I had to use my receipt number, wouldn't pick up my old PR card number to check status.
Hey Venky321

Do you know how long it took before your application showed up in ECAS ? Also which receipt number did you use ? The $50 renewal fee that we deposit ?

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
JJS said:
Hey Venky321

Do you know how long it took before your application showed up in ECAS ? Also which receipt number did you use ? The $50 renewal fee that we deposit ?
Yes, the receipt number on the $50 renewal fee. Saw it first last week, didn't use receipt to check before that so might have show up before that.

Received by CIC on April 13th, was approved on June 18th.

I was out of Canada for about 2 out of the past 5 years.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
venky321 said:
Yes, the receipt number on the $50 renewal fee. Saw it first last week, didn't use receipt to check before that so might have show up before that.

Received by CIC on April 13th, was approved on June 18th.

I was out of Canada for about 2 out of the past 5 years.
Thanks for the info . I tried using the Receipt number but I guess they are yet to start processing my application . All I can do is wait and wish that my application does not fall into Secondary Review criteria .

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
JJS said:
Thanks for the info . I tried using the Receipt number but I guess they are yet to start processing my application . All I can do is wait and wish that my application does not fall into Secondary Review criteria .

When have you applied? Mine also does not show up yet. Looks like it should take a month more before it shows up.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
kbanatwala said:
When have you applied? Mine also does not show up yet. Looks like it should take a month more before it shows up.
I applied on June 17th , so almost a month. How about you ?

xmahlx

Jun 18, 2015
JJS said:
Hey Everybody

Wanted to check and see of there are other people waiting for their PR card renewal . I sent mine on June 17th . ECAS shows nothing even though it's been delivered . The only scary part is that the processing time for PR renewals is going up with every update they add . It was around 65 days at one point couple of months ago and now stands at 96 days . Any other people in the same boat ?

Let's share and stay connected .

Thanks
I applied for mine on May 26th, I have checked online and there are not any updates. I am not sure how long it will take them to receive it and update it. I really wanted to go see my father this summer, but it doesn't seem like that is going to happen.

Has anyone else applied for a renewal and heard anything?

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Has anyone got any updates.... Looks like they are working very sloooowwwwwwwwwwwwlllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
kbanatwala said:
Has anyone got any updates.... Looks like they are working very sloooowwwwwwwwwwwwlllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Finally card got mailed out on July 22nd; one month after approval.

Hoping to get it before my trip in two weeks lol

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
kbanatwala said:
No idea at all. Just checked the processing times today and they are at 115 days which is ridiculous looking at all the promises that were being made to hire more people and speed up the processes.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
venky321 said:
Finally card got mailed out on July 22nd; one month after approval.

Hoping to get it before my trip in two weeks lol
Great news ! Congratulations . But it took a lot of time before you got it. Mine is not even showing up on ECAS yet :/