+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - 2015 - Timeline

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
David Wang said:
Hardeepak,

Suggest not to wait, it is about time to write the letter to the Immigration minister for his attention on the processing time on the secondary review process.
Yes i am going to write today and others applicants in same situation should write also.

ankipanki

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Hi

Can u please tell me the process to apply for urgent pr renewal. Docs attached etc

Did u do it after getting secondary review? Did u sent second package or completely new application?

PRover30 said:
Hey Everyone!

So glad I found this :)

I applied for Urgent PR Card renwel and the office received the application on Jan 18th, and started working on it on Jan 18th.

Few weeks go by and status online says in Process... I finally call and they said that proof of travel did not meet what they want. I did not get my tickets till Feb 22nd so I sent that through the "Case Specific Enquiry" Feb 24th received an email that they received it and were working on it.

I leave for Jamaica March 12th and as of today it has not been processed and chances are that it wont be by the time I leave :( so I have to questions:

1) Flying Air Canada - Do I risk coming back on an expired PR Card with proof that I live in Canada - I hold Full time employment my child goes to school and i have lives in canada for 32 years. I only travel out of Canada 3 weeks out of the year for vacations.

or

2) Apply for a Permanent resident travel document in Jamaica - They say it takes 26 days to process - But wondering if anyone has tried to get one and how long did it take???

Thanks everyone who reads this :)

ankipanki

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Hi

Can u please tell me the process to apply for urgent pr renewal. Docs attached etc

Did u do it after getting secondary review? Did u sent second package or completely new application?

Erinosaurus said:
Hi all,

Thought I'd share a time line for a recent Urgent Processing request that my boyfriend submitted:

Original renewal application sent: Aug 2015
2nd renewal application sent (marked as URGENT): Jan 23, 2016 (included proof of payment for return travel beginning March 22, 2016 as well as new pictures according to the new specs)
Application received: Jan 28, 2016
Began processing: Jan 29, 2016
Decision made: Jan 29, 2016
Card received: Feb 3, 2016

I was shocked at how fast this was with the urgent processing!

ankipanki

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Hi

How Did u do it after getting secondary review? Did u sent second package with only travel docs or completely new application with all docs? Also can u share ur ph no in message so I can talk to u on this & clear my doubts

spirit-88 said:
My husband recieved his card too finally :)
We need it for my sponsorship application at my local visa office to issue the landing visa

His timeline line was:

Pr renewal application recieved at CIC in 25 may 2015

Documents requested (colored and translated copy of passport, movement certificate) and application went to secondry review on 5 October 2015

Documents sent on 12 oct 2015, We heard nothing after that until we made urgent request
Online urgent request has been done on 13 Dec 2015
Urgent request has been approved on 15 dec 2015
Application got approved on 16 Dec 2015
Recieved pr card on 31 Dec 2015

Osama912

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
ankipanki said:
Hi

How Did u do it after getting secondary review? Did u sent second package with only travel docs or completely new application with all docs? Also can u share ur ph no in message so I can talk to u on this & clear my doubts
Hi
application received Aug 2015
Start processing 22 Jan 2016
second review on 28 Jan 2016
applied for urgent process on April 6 , 2016
I received e mail telling that they received my request for urgent process , till now nothing changed or happened
any advises??/

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
How did you apply for urgent process? I bought my flight tickets for me and my family membrs almost 8000$ and submitted urgent request through special case web form since Early march 2016 I didn't even get an email from them that they received my urgent request@

PR renewal sent May 3rd 2015
Sept 2015 secondary review
March 20165 urgent request NOTHING SINCE THEN......

thanks

Osama912 said:
Hi
application received Aug 2015
Start processing 22 Jan 2016
second review on 28 Jan 2016
applied for urgent process on April 6 , 2016
I received e mail telling that they received my request for urgent process , till now nothing changed or happened
any advises??/

Osama912

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
CanadianME said:
How did you apply for urgent process? I bought my flight tickets for me and my family membrs almost 8000$ and submitted urgent request through special case web form since Early march 2016 I didn't even get an email from them that they received my urgent request@

PR renewal sent May 3rd 2015
Sept 2015 secondary review
March 20165 urgent request NOTHING SINCE THEN......

thanks

I sent it using special case web form but nothing happened till now, and I have to travel by may 21 to UK I have a conference there ]

CMcanada

Mar 22, 2016
I have applied for urgent process (submitting flight tickets, hotel reservation and conference fee) on March 01st seeing that I have a conference on May 23rd that I will be presenting a work. I received the email below on March 03rd.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

This message is to inform you that we have received your request asking us to process your Permanent Resident card (PR card) urgently. We have verified your file and noticed that it was referred for further assessment, causing a delay in the processing of your application.

We added a note to your file to notify the responsible office of your request. However, in these cases, there is no urgent processing".

So, until today, I have not received anything yet, even if I have asked again. So, I decided to use just my flight ticket to go, but my return, I bought a new ticket to Seattle, and I will be rent a car to cross the border to Vancouver and will take a new flight there to home (Calgary). It is crazy, but it is my only option, I will just stay 3 days in the conference in Anchorage, and it is not enough time to send the form to request an authorization travel form to Los Angeles and receive it.

Of course, I will be speeding money just because I have not received my PR. About number of days in Canada that I had when I applied in April 2015, I had more than 1000 days. Today, I am able to apply to Citizenship. I will be doing it when back from this Conference.

PRover30

Mar 3, 2016
PRover30 said:
Hey Everyone!

So glad I found this :)

I applied for Urgent PR Card renwel and the office received the application on Jan 18th, and started working on it on Jan 18th.

Few weeks go by and status online says in Process... I finally call and they said that proof of travel did not meet what they want. I did not get my tickets till Feb 22nd so I sent that through the "Case Specific Enquiry" Feb 24th received an email that they received it and were working on it.

I leave for Jamaica March 12th and as of today it has not been processed and chances are that it wont be by the time I leave :( so I have to questions:

1) Flying Air Canada - Do I risk coming back on an expired PR Card with proof that I live in Canada - I hold Full time employment my child goes to school and i have lives in canada for 32 years. I only travel out of Canada 3 weeks out of the year for vacations.

or

2) Apply for a Permanent resident travel document in Jamaica - They say it takes 26 days to process - But wondering if anyone has tried to get one and how long did it take???

Thanks everyone who reads this :)
So I wanted to write in and tell everyone about my experince.

Urgent stat was not granted, i left canada for my trip to Jamaica but i took the paper work for the PRTD, they have an office in Montego bay, when we arrived at this office they said that we needed to leave our passports with them, and they would sned them to kingston had I known i would have gone to Kingston myself. We did not leave the paperwork and took our chances coming back to canada. We got to the ticket counter the lady asked for the PR cards ... I gave her the expired ones ... i guess she didnt notice that they expired and let us board ... wehn we arrived in Montreal was wee taken to immigration and he checked that our application was still in process and let us go... didnt give us a hard time nothing!!!!! Great experince

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
CMcanada said:
Good to know :).... Urgent process is really not applicable for PR renewal in secondary review.
Secondary review no timeline and from last 2 months no action on these applications.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
heeradeepak said:
Secondary review no timeline and from last 2 months no action on these applications.
You are right...they are harassing PR and helping Refugees....it's all Show-up for rest of the world that how Canada is settling refugees at the COST of Residents.....it's our bad luck..

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
AJK_9 said:
You are right...they are harassing PR and helping Refugees....it's all Show-up for rest of the world that how Canada is settling refugees at the COST of Residents.....it's our bad luck..
They knows immigrants are helpless, believe me from last 2 months they didn't pick single file of secondary review applicant, CIC have only one focus to show public reduced time which is modified and miles away from truth.

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
heeradeepak said:
They knows immigrants are helpless, believe me from last 2 months they didn't pick single file of secondary review applicant, CIC have only one focus to show public reduced time which is modified and miles away from truth.
That is why I think petition to minister is pointless. They know the situation, it will not change anything if we once again remind them of it.
Going to media is not pointless though, as then the pressure is applied from outside the organisation.

wapda2c

Jan 29, 2016
abracadabra said:
My parents timeline.

Postal sent with Express with tracking: Nov 22nd, 2015
Received - Nov 24th. 2015
Email received for AOR - March 1st, 2016
Online Status Available -March 3rd
Decision Made Date (Approved) - March 15th (But updated just now, takes a week to update it online I believe)
Waiting for the PR Cards to be mailed out.
Would u pl share your case have u received ur card. My card approved in feb but still not received