+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Oh, As I know it is not a good sign. My understanding is that a person from the government will come to the hearing to present evidence against you and will try to convince them to reject you. You and your lawyer will fight against him.

Reactions: Ezekieljane

Ezekieljane

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Yea I saw that . They brought evidence from the US interview I had . So they discredited some things . I don’t find any case there though ..

Halo14

Aug 19, 2017
Yea I saw that . They brought evidence from the US interview I had . So they discredited some things . I don’t find any case there though ..
Are they tell you before hearing date that he will interverent and any questions has asked to answer before hearing date.
Thanks,

Ezekieljane

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Are they tell you before hearing date that he will interverent and any questions has asked to answer before hearing date.
Thanks,
Yes they did send a notice through my lawyer that he was going to intervene and ask questions as regards my credibility and see if I am legally suppose to seek Asylum in he first place . I am not scared cause I know I didn’t tell any lie or commit any crime .

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Hello all seniors

One of my friends lawyer told him that he received his file which he submitted to get visa for canada in his home country, is it normal? He still did not get his hearing date.
Thx

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Yes they did send a notice through my lawyer that he was going to intervene and ask questions as regards my credibility and see if I am legally suppose to seek Asylum in he first place . I am not scared cause I know I didn’t tell any lie or commit any crime .
When is your hearing? please keep us updated.

EMIGRA EMIGRA

Aug 4, 2018
Hi friends

I am a new memeber. We applied January 2017 and our hearing is on August 22 at 1:00 PM in Montreal. I have delivered our second baby only 4 days ago and I live in Kingston. I am looking for a part time supervised daycare to put my new born baby and my 6 years son during our interview. I tried to find one here in Kingston but unfortunatelly i could not. Please does any one knows any private daycare in Montreal that accepts new born babies for the duration or our interview. I can pay any money for that please please help.

Thanks

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi friends

I am a new memeber. We applied January 2017 and our hearing is on August 22 at 1:00 PM in Montreal. I have delivered our second baby only 4 days ago and I live in Kingston. I am looking for a part time supervised daycare to put my new born baby and my 6 years son during our interview. I tried to find one here in Kingston but unfortunatelly i could not. Please does any one knows any private daycare in Montreal that accepts new born babies for the duration or our interview. I can pay any money for that please please help.

Thanks
At the same time (Date and time) I have a hearing in Toronto. I wish both of us successfully do it.

Reactions: EMIGRA EMIGRA

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Dears,
I have a question. Just a few days before my hearing they told me that they have asked the minister to intervene. The reason is that I came to Canada with the work permit and then I applied for the refugee. Now The judge says I hide my intention to apply for refugee when I was applying for work permit and visa! Anyone ever mentioned he or she is going to apply for refugee when they were applying for other kinds of visa to enter Canada?
If anyone does it I think for sure they do not give them Visa! What is the reason for this question? Why Judge thinks I mislead them by hiding it???

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dears,
I have a question. Just a few days before my hearing they told me that they have asked the minister to intervene. The reason is that I came to Canada with the work permit and then I applied for the refugee. Now The judge says I hide my intention to apply for refugee when I was applying for work permit and visa! Anyone ever mentioned he or she is going to apply for refugee when they were applying for other kinds of visa to enter Canada?
If anyone does it I think for sure they do not give them Visa! What is the reason for this question? Why Judge thinks I mislead them by hiding it???
It is pretty unusual for people to land on a business visa and ask for asylum. Normally a tourist visa for arrive at the US border if they have family in Canada.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
It is pretty unusual for people to land on a business visa and ask for asylum. Normally a tourist visa for arriving at the US border if they have family in Canada.
You are right but each person has an especial situation. For me as Afghan with no family in Canada, this was the only option to find a job and apply for it and then come to Canada. They never give us tourist visa or even a transit visa. Is it a crime I did not reveal my intention for the refugee?