+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you. I hope it does not happen to anyone. It kills me. I did not know Canada will treat me like this. It is the 3rd time the postponed it.
I know that you are very frustrated but you are still going to get a hearing time under 1 year which is faster than most people. It is not a person attack there are procedural reasons and the system is overwhelmed. Your first hearing was never a true hearing and your lawyer should have warned you to anticipate that it would be cancelled.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
I know that you are very frustrated but you are still going to get a hearing time under 1 year which is faster than most people. It is not a person attack there are procedural reasons, and the system is overwhelmed. Your first hearing was never a true hearing, and your lawyer should have warned you to anticipate that it would be canceled.
Thank you, you are right. I feel so alone, weak and disappointed and the whole system that I was thinking will help me is now against me:(.

Last edited:
Reactions: OriginalCraker

zoozi77

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Toronto
Thank you, you are right but I feel he or she has personal matters against me. Maybe religion reasons or country of origin. My case is so true, and everything about it can be proved easily, and still, they accused me of hiding something as a reason to postpone it to ask the minister. I feel so alone, weak and disappointed and the whole system that I was thinking will help me is now against me. Sorry for my bitter words. I am so down now.:(
I feel you brother
It's more frustrating to wait than actual bad things happen
You almost there, just practice some patience, eventually you will be heared
May God gives you the strength to overcome this situation

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
I feel you brother
It's more frustrating to wait than actual bad things happen
You almost there, just practice some patience, eventually you will be heared
May God gives you the strength to overcome this situation
Thank you dear Zoozi,
I wish all of us to be treated fair and accepted soon and this 24/7 pain and stress finish for all of us.

Reactions: OriginalCraker

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Yes they did send a notice through my lawyer that he was going to intervene and ask questions as regards my credibility and see if I am legally suppose to seek Asylum in he first place . I am not scared cause I know I didn’t tell any lie or commit any crime .
Hello Ezekieljane,
Any update? That is life. After I told you it does not look good, I received the same letter!
They asked the mister to intervene. The minister office answered after 10 days and mentioned they are not going to intervene and they only sent my old USA visa documents to IRB to compare with my current documents. And they postponed my hearing 45 days after the initial date.
How is yours?
I still need to answer the questions in the interview but at least the minister is not intervening.
Good luck and let us know and share info together.
Jalal

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Thanks for everyone who answered my question . My hearing has been confirmed for August 8th and I came to Canada August 29th 2017 . Will let you know how the hearing goes . Wish me luck .
Hi dear,
Did you do your hearing Aug 8th? How was it? Did the minister intervene to make any problem for you?

Ezekieljane

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
I am so sorry to hear that . I did have my hearing on that day and I was accepted . Trust me .. the minister intervened and it was not funny at all. She probably asked me more questions than my judge . My judge had to stop her in between. Don’t worry ... you sure will be fine .

Reactions: Jalalcananda