+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
I am so sorry to hear that . I did have my hearing on that day and I was accepted . Trust me .. the minister intervened and it was not funny at all. She probably asked me more questions than my judge . My judge had to stop her in between. Don’t worry ... you sure will be fine .
Thank you and congratulation. Fortunately, the minister is not interested to intervene as they replied in a letter. But they sent all the documents related to my tourist USA visa I applied and got in 2016 to be compared for consistency. Canuck78 is right, I think they are making it more difficult for people who came by temporary work permit or applied somewhere else for refugee before coming to Canada.
My hearing is Sep.25th. I wish it does not be postponed again.
I wish the applicant be accepted soon.

Jan 10, 2017
I am so sorry to hear that . I did have my hearing on that day and I was accepted . Trust me .. the minister intervened and it was not funny at all. She probably asked me more questions than my judge . My judge had to stop her in between. Don’t worry ... you sure will be fine .
Hi Ezekieljane, Congratulations they accepted your refugee claim.

I want to ask you what kind of questions asked by Minister's counsel in your hearing, do they related to your BOC story or other than that.

I'm new refugee claimant, They given a hearing date of 1st March 2019 but my lawyer said It has to be postponed.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi Ezekieljane, Congratulations they accepted your refugee claim.

I want to ask you what kind of questions asked by Minister's counsel in your hearing, do they related to your BOC story or other than that.

I'm new refugee claimant, They given a hearing date of 1st March 2019 but my lawyer said It has to be postponed.
Hello,
You mentioned your first hearing is March 2019! When did you apply? Is it 7 months after application? for us, in 2017 the first hearing was 2 months after application and then postponed. The next one I have is 10 months after the application. Hopefully, it is the last one.

Reactions: 9990

Jan 10, 2017
Hello,
You mentioned your first hearing is March 2019! When did you apply? Is it 7 months after application? for us, in 2017 the first hearing was 2 months after application and then postponed. The next one I have is 10 months after the application. Hopefully, it is the last one.
I applied in July 2018.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

coolguy124

Aug 25, 2018
Application date may 28th to june 5th as i am not sure when they start counting
Scheduled hearing - March 2019
Location- Montreal
I'm expecting a postponement, and I hope the actual scheduled date will fall in July or august. Putting our total waiting timr around 12 to 14 months.

Am I right in this assumptiom?

My 17 yr old son graduated Highschool In may (we came two weeks after) and this whole ordeal has weighed on him. He can't start university start this fall due to the obvious circumstance but I promised by the time next september comes around he should be enrolled and hopefully paying the domestic fees. He's been extremely depressed seeing all his grad mates go off to college this month. He's an extremely intelligent kid and I really don't want him to miss another year on top of the one he's already missing.I hope everything works out by around this time next year.

coolguy124

Aug 25, 2018
Application date may 28th to june 5th as i am not sure when they start counting
Scheduled hearing - March 2019
Location- Montreal
I'm expecting a postponement, and I hope the actual scheduled date will fall in July or august. Putting our total waiting timr around 12 to 14 months.

Am I right in this assumptiom?

My 17 yr old son graduated Highschool In may (we came two weeks after) and this whole ordeal has weighed on him. He can't start university start this fall due to the obvious circumstance but I promised by the time next september comes around he should be enrolled and hopefully paying the domestic fees. He's been extremely depressed seeing all his grad mates go off to college this month. He's an extremely intelligent kid and I really don't want him to miss another year on top of the one he's already missing.I hope everything works out by around this time next year.
Anyone else who's hearing was in mtl. My lawyer's office told me the avg wait time is exactly 1 yr from arrival. Does this hold up more or less?

coolguy124

Aug 25, 2018
Currently longer than that.
I know of some people who came last fall who are having their hearings right now. That coupled with what my lawyers secretary said has mr leaning more towards the 12 to 14 months. Might be wishful thinking but my son will not last another year ar home. He's extremely depressed, and he has weekly break downs. Very smart kid just sitting at home wasting his potential.
Either way ill try and connect with more people in the community to get an ancedotal gauge for what wait times in MTL are looking like.