01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
CdnandTrini said:
Hi MsRuby, Brit is correct, you get a DM for the sponsorship approval and that is stage one finished. Stage 2 will also say "application received" until you get to the next step for stage 2 which will be "in process". There can be a long time (or not) to get to "in process" on ecas for stage 2 but Brit is also correct that if you go to "in process" in stage 2 that does mean the interview is waived which is always good news. :D Blessings.
Thanks Cdnandtrini! Always great info.

Ronstar

Feb 28, 2014
Got an email today stating that my application for permanent residency was received. It says Port of Spain high commission at the bottom, I guess this is the official AOR from Port of Spain or do I have to look out for another email. My wife had already received a similar email stating pretty much the same thing in January. Any news is good news right now.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Ronstar said:
Got an email today stating that my application for permanent residency was received. It says Port of Spain high commission at the bottom, I guess this is the official AOR from Port of Spain or do I have to look out for another email. My wife had already received a similar email stating pretty much the same thing in January. Any news is good news right now.
That's great Ronstar ;D!!! I believe that is your actual AOR from POS. The one your wife would have gotten in January would have been the sponsor approval AOR. So now you have officially entered stage 2!! Things are moving at POS so that is always good news. Blessings. p.s. to all members with recent changes, I have not gotten to the spreadsheet yet for the latest updates but I will soon!!

indiana_rica

Apr 15, 2014
Hi all, I am a newbie, my husband is sponsoring me. We have been preparing our application for the past three months!!!! I live with my husband in Canada . I am currently on a visitors visa that will expire in 28May 2014. We saw the processing times for Port of Spain was as long as Misisasaga, so we decided to apply inland and also that gives us the abilty to apply for an open work permit, but denies us the right to appeal.
I need your advice as to what is the best option right now. Should I apply for a visitor visa extension too?

Thank you, we are praying that we get guidance on this matter, as we can not fathom the idea of being separated.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
indiana_rica said:
Hi all, I am a newbie, my husband is sponsoring me. We have been preparing our application for the past three months!!!! I live with my husband in Canada . I am currently on a visitors visa that will expire in 28May 2014. We saw the processing times for Port of Spain was as long as Misisasaga, so we decided to apply inland and also that gives us the abilty to apply for an open work permit, but denies us the right to appeal.
I need your advice as to what is the best option right now. Should I apply for a visitor visa extension too?

Thank you, we are praying that we get guidance on this matter, as we can not fathom the idea of being separated.
Welcome to the Port of Spain (POS) thread and the forum indiana_rica!! If you folks have already decided on applying inland then for sure apply for a visitor visa extension before you submit your PR application. If you can provide a few more details then people may be better able to advise you. How long have you been married, living in Canada with your husband and have you ever been "out of status" here? Did you come originally on a visitor's visa and meet him in Canada?

There is another member on this thread who had 2 children with his wife (he was the sponsor and they applied outland even though they were living in Canada together as a couple) and they were still called into POS for an interview!! So your application needs to be really solid and complete and you may even want to get a legal opinion or consultation from a reputable immigration lawyer before submitting because (as you already mentioned) there is no course of appeal for inland applications. The peace of mind is worth the money!! Not trying to scare you but it is always better to go into this journey very well prepared. I do not think we have had any members on this thread who applied inland actually as it is a different process. If I am wrong hopefully another member will correct me. Blessings and prayers coming your way.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Hi everyone! *waves*

I cannot believe it's been like 2 months since I've been on here! Time and it's flying habit! Thank you so much to everyone for extending congrats and blessings to our little family! Our daughter is growing beautifully and it's been busy, crazy and most of all super fun being parents. Hard to believe that at this time 2 years ago we were emailing POS demanding they send our AOR!

Congrats to everyone who's seen some progress and to the families who have been reunited! To those still waiting, keep your head up, there is light at the end of this immigration tunnel.

I didn't quite get through each post, so if I missed anything, I apologize. Please do feel free to send me a PM anytime. I got a message from someone saying they needed my help a while back, but were afraid to "disturb" me...please don't be. We all have benefited from the help of others, so I am never too busy to respond to a message!

Blessings to all and I will try to be on here more regularly going forward!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Zouk Princesse said:
Hi everyone! *waves*

I cannot believe it's been like 2 months since I've been on here! Time and it's flying habit! Thank you so much to everyone for extending congrats and blessings to our little family! Our daughter is growing beautifully and it's been busy, crazy and most of all super fun being parents. Hard to believe that at this time 2 years ago we were emailing POS demanding they send our AOR!

Congrats to everyone who's seen some progress and to the families who have been reunited! To those still waiting, keep your head up, there is light at the end of this immigration tunnel.

I didn't quite get through each post, so if I missed anything, I apologize. Please do feel free to send me a PM anytime. I got a message from someone saying they needed my help a while back, but were afraid to "disturb" me...please don't be. We all have benefited from the help of others, so I am never too busy to respond to a message!

Blessings to all and I will try to be on here more regularly going forward!
Zouk!!! ;D So nice to "see" you and thrilled that baby ZP is doing well and her parents are surviving the sleepless nights of infancy :'(

It's so true how when we reflect back on our own immigration journeys that it seems to be a blur now that we are off and running with our loved ones by our side. Which is good because some of those POS processing moments were painful with a capital P!!!

Continued prayers and blessings for your family. The first year with baby will also whiz by so enjoy those precious moments at 3:00 and 4:00 a.m. when she wants to play with her messy diaper......lol.....

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Where is everyone!? ??? ???

Am I the only one going thru POS on this forum? This is boring...all newbies come out come out wherever you are :p

Hi Zouk, good to "see" ya! Enjoy baby zouk :)

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MsRuby said:
Where is everyone!? ??? ???

Am I the only one going thru POS on this forum? This is boring...all newbies come out come out wherever you are :p

Hi Zouk, good to "see" ya! Enjoy baby zouk :)
lol.......MsRuby I was just wondering the same thing and was going to post an invite for all lurkers :p to come out!! Hello everyone else - newbies and oldies/veterans and Can-Vinc - any updates? I'm a bit surprised at how long you have waited to hear back. Stay encouraged.

Blessings to all.

missMaple

Apr 24, 2014
Hi everyone! I've been a lurker here for quite some time now and despite most of the posts being about spousal applications and such, the info has been very helpful.
I wanted to ask you guys if my pp would be returned since i validated the imm 008 form twice i.e. there are ten barcodes instead of five. I'm terribly worried since i'm in the last leg of processing after waiting over 2yrs to get to this point.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
missMaple said:
Hi everyone! I've been a lurker here for quite some time now and despite most of the posts being about spousal applications and such, the info has been very helpful.
I wanted to ask you guys if my pp would be returned since i validated the imm 008 form twice i.e. there are ten barcodes instead of five. I'm terribly worried since i'm in the last leg of processing after waiting over 2yrs to get to this point.
Hello missMaple (cute name) and welcome :D. I'm not 100% sure what you are asking.....you are not in the spousal category? Are you being sponsored family class by a parent? Refresh me on what the IMM 008 form is and maybe I can help, or another member will. Regardless, if the POS office has requested your passport that generally means some kind of approval is forthcoming. I do not think an error like duplicate barcodes will cause any problems. Again, if you can provide more detail we can likely be more helpful. Blessings.

missMaple

Apr 24, 2014
Thanks CdnandTrini :). I am in fact being sponsored by my father, not spousal.
The imm 0008 form is the generic form used to apply for canadian PR. I was asked to update it since they changed it recently. Also, i've been sending CSIs (case specific inquiries) but I haven't been getting the automated comfirmation e-mails they usually send out. Can you recommend another channel i can use to contact POS?

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
CdnandTrini said:
Hello missMaple (cute name) and welcome :D. I'm not 100% sure what you are asking.....you are not in the spousal category? Are you being sponsored family class by a parent? Refresh me on what the IMM 008 form is and maybe I can help, or another member will. Regardless, if the POS office has requested your passport that generally means some kind of approval is forthcoming. I do not think an error like duplicate barcodes will cause any problems. Again, if you can provide more detail we can likely be more helpful. Blessings.
Cdnandtrini, you are always around, thank you! :)

MissMaple welcome!! I have company ;) Cadnandtrini is right, pleas give us a bit more info for assistance :)

Brit_Edwards

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-OCT-2013
AOR Received.
25-OCT-2013
File Transfer...
25-10-2013 // IN PROCESS Feb 5 2014
Med's Done....
27-MAY-2013// RE-DO 03-JUNE-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAY-2015//SENT 12-JUNE-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-JUNE-2015 // SENT BACK 11-JULY-2015
LANDED..........
<3 16-JULY-2015 <3
HELLLOOOO EVERYONE... ;)

So just a little update on my end since POS mailed us stating that Hubby need an ARC ($400) and his deportation fees ($1500) paid which we did. Also along with his fingerprints that were requested. So we are just waiting again to hear from them since we sent off those stuff like 3 weeks ago. Also i seen where ARC processing time is 6 months on ECAS, which we all know doesnt apply to everyone since alot of files have been beating the expected processing times.

Next issue his medical expires next month :( so were really lost if we should just let him go renew it to be on top of things or what since theres no word from POS as yet. I think i have seen one or 2 members in the past get an extension on their medical, how do you request that?

Thanks Guys

Brit_Edwards

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-OCT-2013
AOR Received.
25-OCT-2013
File Transfer...
25-10-2013 // IN PROCESS Feb 5 2014
Med's Done....
27-MAY-2013// RE-DO 03-JUNE-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAY-2015//SENT 12-JUNE-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-JUNE-2015 // SENT BACK 11-JULY-2015
LANDED..........
<3 16-JULY-2015 <3
I just checked the spreadsheet a while ago. To all the recent Guyanese applicants what are your secrets to getting such a FAST processing time??????!! Its almost unbelievable. Wow n we are all here waiting in vain like seriously. :eek: