Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Kadi27 said:
Hang in there Can-Vinc; your journey has been long but your victory will be sweet :-*
Amen and ditto to Kadi27's comments. Thanks for the update Can-Vinc and maybe we will both be showing our guys the sweet spring and summer together!! :D Blessings.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Hi Kadi & C&T, Thanks so much and we're praying you're right!

August23

Jan 15, 2014
My mom was asked to send her passport to Port of Spain office which she did on April 16th and rec'd and April 17, how long will it take for them to send her passport back

August23

Jan 15, 2014
My mom sent her passport to Trinidad April 16,2014 and they got it on April 17,2014 How long will it take for her to get her passport back? :'( :'(

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
August23 said:
My mom sent her passport to Trinidad April 16,2014 and they got it on April 17,2014 How long will it take for her to get her passport back? :'( :'(
Hi August23, I'm assuming its the end of the process for your mom and usually from what I have seen on here it could take anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 months. I know some visa offices like New Delhi and Singapore ask for passports upfront like 3-4 months after application was received then issues visa and passport a year later. However, I haven't seen that type of activity at pos that's why I said " I'm assuming" you mother is at the end of the process. Good luck.

Trinadian

Apr 30, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2014 sent to POS May 1, 2014
AOR Received.
Canadian AOR- April 29/2014 Trinidadian AOR- June 17/2014
File Transfer...
May 1/2014
Med's Done....
February 5/2014
Hello everyone I'm new to the forum my best friend is in the Jamaica one so she showed me the Trinidad one.
Just wanted to share my process with anyone who wants to read it, hoping it could help someone out on their journey.
Im lucky and have a support group within my friends here in Canada.
:D ;D

Trinadian

Apr 30, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 1/2014
Med's Done....
February 5/2014
So far my journey was as follows:
Mississauga received my application for Sponsorship March 10, 2014.
I sent my application Canada Immigration via Canada Post with a signature on delivery. (THIS WAY KEY TO GETTING THINGS PROCESSED ON TIME!)
I waited the standard 29 business days that the website stated was the current processing time.
When I did not hear back I called on the 31st business day (unable to track my status online with my Receipt Number)
This is where the fun began with Canada Immigration and the lovely varied answers they provide you over the phone.
Tuesday April.22,2014 told that they were opening applications from March 12,2014 and my application (received March 10,2014) should be in that pile if I do not hear back within that week call again on Monday.
Wednesday April23,2014 Cant sleep Canada immigration site says now opening applications from March 20,2014. Still cant search my application still received no response.
Thursday morning April24,2014 called back to check up seeing 18 days of applications received AFTER mine had been opened.
I was told by an agent that I should either do one of two things: wait a few more weeks, or RESUBMIT A NEW APPLICATION BECAUSE IT WAS LOST!
His advice was nonchalant and offensive as to say it could be incomplete, lost in the mail back to you, or lost, or simply in waiting to be processed.
NONE of this made sense to me as I quadruple checked all my documents and both checklists before submission, AND I HAD A TRACKING NUMBER FROM CANADA POST SAYING IT GOT THERE! Also asked if I could process a written request to Mississauga asking for confirmation that my application is in fact in the office and still in a pile waiting for processing or if in fact I do need to resubmit. The answer I got was "even though that is logical it is not the way things work" No help enraged I politely got off the phone and tried to think of what to say tomorrow.

Friday April 25,2014 I calmed down a smidge re called only got through the third time after waiting 30 mins on hold while eating lunch. Asked simply what the dates online for opening applications actually meant. got some run around about how its those dates nothing sooner mentioned my application being received march 10,2014 she tried to look it up obviously with no avail. and asked for ALL my information including my canada post tracking number. This was all to process a written request for inventory because 'they are moving offices'.

After this I celebrated thanked the agent profusely. I mean I just confirmed that my application was in fact lost or forgotten but at least this person was willing to help find it and do something about it. She did say it would take a week or two.

April 29,2014 Tuesday Morning received email confirmation of receipt of application on March 10,2014 and my UCI number finally!
April 30,2014 Wednesday Received email confirmation of my approval for Sponsorship and application will be sent to POS Canadian Embassy.

Just wanted to share in case someone is currently in the same boat or will be in the future. Do not take the first advice they give you over the phone always call back try to have alternative questions or ways of asking them. ALWAYS HAVE A RECIEPT WITH THE CANADA POST TRACKING NUMBER! and GOOD LUCK!!! loving the timeline updates on this forum about when people were landed and all their dates of approvals this is so helpful and great to know i'm in great company with all of you! :-* :D

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August23 said:
Hi August23 and welcome to the forum - thanks MsRuby for the help to our newbie :D. August23 - I am assuming you and your Mom have applied in the family class or is she being sponsored by a Canadian spouse? Also what country are you folks from?

If you have applied family class it generally takes a bit longer to have the passport returned, anywhere (just from a few examples I have seen here) from 8 weeks to 3 months. If it is a spousal application it should not take more than 8 weeks. If you are from St. Lucia it seems to take documents a bit longer to get there, from Guyana a bit faster - have no idea why, it just seems the trend I have seen here for the last year. The good news is that your Mom (and maybe your family) are at the end of the immigration journey and hopefully she/you will arrive in Canada during our beautiful spring and summer seasons. Blessings my dear :)

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Trinadian said:
So far my journey was as follows:
Mississauga received my application for Sponsorship March 10, 2014.
I sent my application Canada Immigration via Canada Post with a signature on delivery. (THIS WAY KEY TO GETTING THINGS PROCESSED ON TIME!)
I waited the standard 29 business days that the website stated was the current processing time.
When I did not hear back I called on the 31st business day (unable to track my status online with my Receipt Number)
This is where the fun began with Canada Immigration and the lovely varied answers they provide you over the phone.
Tuesday April.22,2014 told that they were opening applications from March 12,2014 and my application (received March 10,2014) should be in that pile if I do not hear back within that week call again on Monday.
Wednesday April23,2014 Cant sleep Canada immigration site says now opening applications from March 20,2014. Still cant search my application still received no response.
Thursday morning April24,2014 called back to check up seeing 18 days of applications received AFTER mine had been opened.
I was told by an agent that I should either do one of two things: wait a few more weeks, or RESUBMIT A NEW APPLICATION BECAUSE IT WAS LOST!
His advice was nonchalant and offensive as to say it could be incomplete, lost in the mail back to you, or lost, or simply in waiting to be processed.
NONE of this made sense to me as I quadruple checked all my documents and both checklists before submission, AND I HAD A TRACKING NUMBER FROM CANADA POST SAYING IT GOT THERE! Also asked if I could process a written request to Mississauga asking for confirmation that my application is in fact in the office and still in a pile waiting for processing or if in fact I do need to resubmit. The answer I got was "even though that is logical it is not the way things work" No help enraged I politely got off the phone and tried to think of what to say tomorrow.

Friday April 25,2014 I calmed down a smidge re called only got through the third time after waiting 30 mins on hold while eating lunch. Asked simply what the dates online for opening applications actually meant. got some run around about how its those dates nothing sooner mentioned my application being received march 10,2014 she tried to look it up obviously with no avail. and asked for ALL my information including my canada post tracking number. This was all to process a written request for inventory because 'they are moving offices'.

After this I celebrated thanked the agent profusely. I mean I just confirmed that my application was in fact lost or forgotten but at least this person was willing to help find it and do something about it. She did say it would take a week or two.

April 29,2014 Tuesday Morning received email confirmation of receipt of application on March 10,2014 and my UCI number finally!
April 30,2014 Wednesday Received email confirmation of my approval for Sponsorship and application will be sent to POS Canadian Embassy.

Just wanted to share in case someone is currently in the same boat or will be in the future. Do not take the first advice they give you over the phone always call back try to have alternative questions or ways of asking them. ALWAYS HAVE A RECIEPT WITH THE CANADA POST TRACKING NUMBER! and GOOD LUCK!!! loving the timeline updates on this forum about when people were landed and all their dates of approvals this is so helpful and great to know i'm in great company with all of you! :-* :D
LOL.......Welcome Trinidadian and you just started????? :D :eek: What a screw up and I am not surprised. You have immigration pegged all right and here's hoping things will be better when the file gets to Port of Spain (POS). I recall your JA sister telling us about you, so glad you showed up and joined us!!

Can you tell us a bit about you and your spouse, how you met, fell in love, decided to take this big leap of faith??? We love the stories. I have been delayed on updating the spreadsheet but I will add you once I get to it. You can see it at the very bottom of my post, beneath my ticker. Just gives you an idea of the ones of us that go through this office how long it takes and the ones of us actually on this forum going through the POS office are only a small percentage of the folks they process. Thankfully most of us get through in less time than what is posted on CIC's website. So welcome again and hang onto your hat, it's a roller coaster!! Blessings my dear.

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do & request for more years info on History: March 26, 2014 (they received March 31, 2013)
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
YESSSSS trinaidian is my gurl! Thanks cndtrini and kadi27 for showing to her new online home! We have been sitting here riling eachother up about immigration for a year. Haha. Good to know there are others.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
YESSSSS trinaidian is my gurl! Thanks cndtrini and kadi27 for showing to her new online home! We have been sitting here riling eachother up about immigration for a year. Haha. Good to know there are others.
Nice that you have each other during this process as "partners in crime" - so to speak!! Congrats on your DM my dear - you are almost finished!! You will need to help your girl through the process and we will be here with her as well. Blessings.

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
You both are too sweet; Trinaidian and Janaidian ;)

Welcome Trinaidian and all the best; dont mind the rocky start; it just makes you stronger and wiser in the process.

As C&T said its really good to have each other; plus you have stories to tell your kids :)

Trinadian

Apr 30, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 1/2014
Med's Done....
February 5/2014
CdnandTrini said:
LOL.......Welcome Trinidadian and you just started????? :D :eek: What a screw up and I am not surprised. You have immigration pegged all right and here's hoping things will be better when the file gets to Port of Spain (POS). I recall your JA sister telling us about you, so glad you showed up and joined us!!

Can you tell us a bit about you and your spouse, how you met, fell in love, decided to take this big leap of faith??? We love the stories. I have been delayed on updating the spreadsheet but I will add you once I get to it. You can see it at the very bottom of my post, beneath my ticker. Just gives you an idea of the ones of us that go through this office how long it takes and the ones of us actually on this forum going through the POS office are only a small percentage of the folks they process. Thankfully most of us get through in less time than what is posted on CIC's website. So welcome again and hang onto your hat, it's a roller coaster!! Blessings my dear.
My spouse and I met online through a mutual friend. My step family is Trini but I'm a born Canadian yet Trini to di bone from the start. So since I was traveling there our mutual friend insisted we talk. And it is so funny wouldn't you know we never got to meet face to face till two years and one year into our relationship later. I swear he's more Canadian than me and I'm more Trini than he. He is my everything and I would do anything for him. He would be content anywhere but knows I want to live here so he's braving the snow for me! We got married last summer. And here we are. I really dragged my feet on this paperwork though, I know that makes no sense but I just knew it was going to be crazy and stressful. And now that it's in you just want instant results but that's not happening. Probably wouldn't survive it without all this support and help though so thanks for that! I keep checking to see if anyone else gets through it's such a happiness I feel only those going through it could feel or understand. ;D

Trinadian

Apr 30, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 1/2014
Med's Done....
February 5/2014
Kadi27 said:
You both are too sweet; Trinaidian and Janaidian ;)

Welcome Trinaidian and all the best; dont mind the rocky start; it just makes you stronger and wiser in the process.

As C&T said its really good to have each other; plus you have stories to tell your kids :)
Lol!!!! You are hilarious! And thanks:) my husband says we are never telling our kids this cuz he doesn't want then going through this! He's crazy I'm totally telling them!!!!! I agree completely definitely learning a lot and becoming a stronger soul in the process. I mean I knew it would be a gong show but some of the stuff I hear and experience just astound me more and more. My govt hmmmm. Probably would have been still waiting on the Mississauga office if Janadian didn't light a fire under me! ;)