+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

missMaple

Apr 24, 2014
Cdnandtrini, you are always around, thank you! :)

MissMaple welcome!! I have company ;) Cadnandtrini is right, pleas give us a bit more info for assistance :)
[/quote]

Thank you MsRuby for the welcome :). Well, my case is family class sponsorship dependent child. My application was filed in Feb 2012 (yes, its been a while). I did my meds dec 2013 and received my PPR, as well as a request for updated forms on March 12,2014.

As i mentioned before, i was a bit worried about the imm 008(generic application form for canadian PR) since i sumitted it with duplicated barcodes after validation i.e. i had 10 barcodes instead of 5. My worry was compounded when i sent 3 case specific inquiries (over the past 9 days)but did not receive an automated confirmation e-mail from PSPAN. Maybe I'm being overly concerned for no reason but in my experience with this process, when there is no feedback from POS that usually signals impending doom. Oh the melodrama lol

P.S. I'm an outland applicant and my E-CAS says "in process".

missMaple

Apr 24, 2014
So I found another thread that deals with applicants involved in dependent child family class sponsorship and lawdy lawd are those timelines for processing long. I mean people who applied since 2009!! And here I am sprouting new greyhairs everyday and i've been waiting 2yrs.
Have anybody else been having problems sending CSIs as i have? Should i send a general inquiry to confirm whether or not they received my passport and all is in order??

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
missMaple said:
Thank you MsRuby for the welcome :). Well, my case is family class sponsorship dependent child. My application was filed in Feb 2012 (yes, its been a while). I did my meds dec 2013 and received my PPR, as well as a request for updated forms on March 12,2014.

As i mentioned before, i was a bit worried about the imm 008(generic application form for canadian PR) since i sumitted it with duplicated barcodes after validation i.e. i had 10 barcodes instead of 5. My worry was compounded when i sent 3 case specific inquiries (over the past 9 days)but did not receive an automated confirmation e-mail from PSPAN. Maybe I'm being overly concerned for no reason but in my experience with this process, when there is no feedback from POS that usually signals impending doom. Oh the melodrama lol

Hi miss Maple, i'm not much experience on dependents to even know if its the same processing times. Most people on this thread are spousal or common law cases. If you don't get answers here, I recommend that you post the questions in a new thread.

Ps I dont know if this helps, but i saw the first stage processing time has increased from 28 to 34 days. Lets hope that don't be the start of a slow down.

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Brit_Edwards said:
I just checked the spreadsheet a while ago. To all the recent Guyanese applicants what are your secrets to getting such a FAST processing time??????!! Its almost unbelievable. Wow n we are all here waiting in vain like seriously. :eek:
One step closer!! :) When you find out what the other Guyanese were secretly doing, fill me in PLEASE!! ;)

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Brit_Edwards said:
HELLLOOOO EVERYONE... ;)

So just a little update on my end since POS mailed us stating that Hubby need an ARC ($400) and his deportation fees ($1500) paid which we did. Also along with his fingerprints that were requested. So we are just waiting again to hear from them since we sent off those stuff like 3 weeks ago. Also i seen where ARC processing time is 6 months on ECAS, which we all know doesnt apply to everyone since alot of files have been beating the expected processing times.

Next issue his medical expires next month :( so were really lost if we should just let him go renew it to be on top of things or what since theres no word from POS as yet. I think i have seen one or 2 members in the past get an extension on their medical, how do you request that?

Thanks Guys
Hi Brit, if you have done everything else on your file and the very last thing coming up is the meds expiry "usually" POS automatically renews it so they can complete the application. Especially if you are "in process" on ecas......I believe you are - is that correct? I still have not updated the spreadsheet, I have been remiss on that front, busy with other things like everyone else. I will get to it soon! So I would hold off on re-doing the medical but no harm in sending an e-mail to confirm either. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
missMaple said:
Cdnandtrini, you are always around, thank you! :)

MissMaple welcome!! I have company ;) Cadnandtrini is right, pleas give us a bit more info for assistance :)

missMaple POS has been moving fairly well lately with a few exceptions of course - in the spouse category. We have had a few young folks on here awhile ago being sponsored by parents and one I think by an aunt and those files did take longer. But do not be discouraged or think that there is bad news if POS is not responding. The important thing is "in process" on ecas. In the spouse category things generally move pretty quickly once the file is in process. Most of us get responses to the CSE's (they are called - case specific enquiries) although not always immediately. It does seem unusual to have sent 3 of them though without a reply. Are you using this e-mail? pspan-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

POS does request that people do not send duplicate e-mails so maybe that is slowing down the response.....just speculating. I do not know of any other channel to contact POS other than the Canadian sponsor contacting their member of parliament here in Canada. Is your father in Canada or are you all coming together? Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
missMaple said:
So I found another thread that deals with applicants involved in dependent child family class sponsorship and lawdy lawd are those timelines for processing long. I mean people who applied since 2009!! And here I am sprouting new greyhairs everyday and i've been waiting 2yrs.
Have anybody else been having problems sending CSIs as i have? Should i send a general inquiry to confirm whether or not they received my passport and all is in order??
mM, when did you send your passport (March 12, 2014?) and if you sent it by courier you should have been able to track receipt of it at POS by the same courier. Not sure where you are applying from but for some reason folks from St. Lucia seem to have slightly longer turnaround times when sending documents. Just my observation over the last year nothing scientific or fact based :p!! In spousal sponsorships the passports seem to be returned within 3-6 weeks. Yes the other threads may be more helpful, maybe one of them has a spreadsheet you can look at. Stay hopeful, POS is full of surprises.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MsRuby said:
One step closer!! :) When you find out what the other Guyanese were secretly doing, fill me in PLEASE!! ;)
I know it was very odd (but great for them) that those cases were processed so fast!! :D

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
missMaple said:
Thank you MsRuby and CdnandTrini for all the help and advice. ;D
You are most welcome my dear, keep us posted, we will try to help in any way we can. Blessings

Brit_Edwards

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-OCT-2013
AOR Received.
25-OCT-2013
File Transfer...
25-10-2013 // IN PROCESS Feb 5 2014
Med's Done....
27-MAY-2013// RE-DO 03-JUNE-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAY-2015//SENT 12-JUNE-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-JUNE-2015 // SENT BACK 11-JULY-2015
LANDED..........
<3 16-JULY-2015 <3
CdnandTrini said:
Hi Brit, if you have done everything else on your file and the very last thing coming up is the meds expiry "usually" POS automatically renews it so they can complete the application. Especially if you are "in process" on ecas......I believe you are - is that correct? I still have not updated the spreadsheet, I have been remiss on that front, busy with other things like everyone else. I will get to it soon! So I would hold off on re-doing the medical but no harm in sending an e-mail to confirm either. Blessings.
Hey!! I was thinking the same exact thing but bcus he has to ARC which has its own processing time is why I kinda wanted to be on top of everything instead of having more delays. But ya thanks for the advice and fingers crossed i will get an email shortly ::) Oh and we were in process since feb 5 '14

Brit_Edwards

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-OCT-2013
AOR Received.
25-OCT-2013
File Transfer...
25-10-2013 // IN PROCESS Feb 5 2014
Med's Done....
27-MAY-2013// RE-DO 03-JUNE-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAY-2015//SENT 12-JUNE-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-JUNE-2015 // SENT BACK 11-JULY-2015
LANDED..........
<3 16-JULY-2015 <3
MsRuby said:
Lol u gotta ask your people whats the secret and let us know too!! Keep the faith same way

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Brit_Edwards said:
Hey!! I was thinking the same exact thing but bcus he has to ARC which has its own processing time is why I kinda wanted to be on top of everything instead of having more delays. But ya thanks for the advice and fingers crossed i will get an email shortly ::) Oh and we were in process since feb 5 '14
You are most welcome Brit. Maybe one of the other members who had to have an ARC as well might comment. You may want to PM chickie72 from the JA thread (her hubs needed an ARC) or Behopeful from our thread......I think her hubby had to have one as well if I recall correctly.

I thought you had been in process for some time so that's still good - even though I know it seems so frustrating the closer you get to the end - it seems to feel even slower :'( sometimes! If it was me, I might wait a bit and then send them a CSE just for my own peace of mind. Like you said, better to be on top of things rather than under - well with immigration anyways :p!! Blessings

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Hi Everybody!

Good to see some new faces and some activity on here... no major updates for us. Friday evening, I received the RCMP check that we submitted digitally here in Canada and so I will be fedexing that down along with the RPRF reciept copy (original sent to missisauga) and God willing, we will be getting some news after that. Could be a PPR or could be an ARC request, not getting my hopes up but we will see. I'm also a bit concerned about our medicals b/c they're getting quite old now but we'll just cross that bridge when we get there.

MissMaple, welcome to the forum

Britt, hang in there... I think we're around the same step in the process and it is very trying... being In Process since January/Feb and still waiting is tough but we're definitely on the home stretch.

C&T - hope you're doing well -- you must be excited to show Canada off in its good seasons Spring/Summer/Fall.

I don't know if any of you are Raptor fans but GAME 4 TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOHOOO!!!!!!. I was at Game 2 at the ACC on Tuesday and it was one of the best nights of my life.

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Hang in there Can-Vinc; your journey has been long but your victory will be sweet :-*

Can-Vinc said:
Hi Everybody!

Good to see some new faces and some activity on here... no major updates for us. Friday evening, I received the RCMP check that we submitted digitally here in Canada and so I will be fedexing that down along with the RPRF reciept copy (original sent to missisauga) and God willing, we will be getting some news after that. Could be a PPR or could be an ARC request, not getting my hopes up but we will see. I'm also a bit concerned about our medicals b/c they're getting quite old now but we'll just cross that bridge when we get there.

MissMaple, welcome to the forum

Britt, hang in there... I think we're around the same step in the process and it is very trying... being In Process since January/Feb and still waiting is tough but we're definitely on the home stretch.

C&T - hope you're doing well -- you must be excited to show Canada off in its good seasons Spring/Summer/Fall.

I don't know if any of you are Raptor fans but GAME 4 TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOHOOO!!!!!!. I was at Game 2 at the ACC on Tuesday and it was one of the best nights of my life.