Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Behopeful said:
Well the first one is AOR and second email is approval of stage one which means your hubby is eligible to sponsor you. The file will go to POS now. Stage 1 only assesses the eligibility of the sponsor and stage 2 assesses only the applicant.

Keep in mind POS rarely, and I mean RARELY, sends AOR. If 3 months or so from today passes and you haven't heard anything, I would suggest to send a case specific email and request your UCI in particular.

Congrats again!
Hi Behopeful and MsRuby - great info. sharing ladies!! MsRuby congrats on getting POS as your office and hubby being approved to sponsor!! I believe they will be much faster than the LA office. I never thought the POS office would be a blessing for anyone :p but I have to give them credit where it is due. They have broken records lately so be encouraged.

Behopeful is correct about POS and the AORs or rather lack of them. I did not receive one so sent them an e-mail about 3.5 months after my file was transferred to POS and they responded to the e-mail quickly to confirm our file had been received there. Then several weeks later (think this was the time frame) hubby got an "official" AOR via e-mail from POS. Check my side bar - I may have posted the dates there. Blessings for a fast journey through stage 2 and I will do a spreadsheet update for all this weekend.

Ronstar

Feb 28, 2014
Hi All
I am also waiting for AOR from Port of Spain. My wife is sponsoring me. We got approval for sponsorship Feb 26th 2014 and no word if the file has arrived in Port of Spain yet. Should we email Port of Spain or wait till maybe a few months pass by?

Filed recieved: 23 Jan 2014
Sponsorship approved: 26 Feb 2014
Meds Done: 17 Dec 2013

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Hey everyone!

@ms ruby congrats on AOR

@blessed yea, my hubby stayed at Alicia's too based on thw recommendation of the forum peeps and it definitely served its purpose... with regards to the length of the interview I think they try to get them done by lunch time but no guarantee and it is about 45 min away...

@Ronstar... welcome and congrats on getting everything underway.... we didn't gwt our AOR for a long time... the general advice around here is to email if you haven't recieved it after 3 months to send them a note....

No news on our part!

Brit_Edwards

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-OCT-2013
AOR Received.
25-OCT-2013
File Transfer...
25-10-2013 // IN PROCESS Feb 5 2014
Med's Done....
27-MAY-2013// RE-DO 03-JUNE-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAY-2015//SENT 12-JUNE-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-JUNE-2015 // SENT BACK 11-JULY-2015
LANDED..........
<3 16-JULY-2015 <3
Can-Vinc said:
@ samavril and Melfer,

Congratulations on your wonderful landing story and pending landing story! I really love hearing these good news stories!

Big thanks to everyone else for your words of encouragement and guidance. POS's requested docs have been sent off today and we are doing the process for digital prints/background check here too. That is underway.

Brit - did you say that they asked for ARC and fingerprints/RCMP clearance at the same time? They only asked us for Fingerprints and updated police check from SVG but based on recent feedback, I believe we will have to do one... POS is nothing if not inconsistent.
Hey sorry im late with the reply but this is everything they requested which we had 60 days to give em everything.

#1. When he got his departure order he had 30 days to cut. So he had 2 options they pay for your ticket or you find that yourself; he let them pay for it. So because of that you will have to pay back immigration $1000 (deportation fees) in order to return to the country and for them to continue.
#2. The ARC - So because when he came here he filed for refugee thats the reason he has to apply for it which is $400.
#3. They sent us the fingerprints form for the RCMP which he had to do as well as put in his passport info and pretty much everything about him.

I feel pretty confident in our case as it is moving so quickly since we started besides these minor set backs but yeep thats everything so just waiting in vain to hear the verdict on this ARC.

Brit_Edwards

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-OCT-2013
AOR Received.
25-OCT-2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
<3 16-JULY-2015 <3
chickie72 said:
I can comment a bit on that, My hubby complied with everything and left when he was supposed to, we paid his flight home and yes I agree, in the manuals it says that you don't need one but you can fight until you are blue in the face......they will make you get one. Anyone that has applied for refugee in Canada automatically gets a life time ban from every returning to Canada after their denial and that is where the ARC comes into affect, it is the only thing that will allow them to come back. Grin and bear it, pay the fee....anything to get your hubby back home! The only time an ARC isn't needed is if they are under a one or two year ban and that time has expired. If the VO called them before the 1 or 2 years was up, they would need to do an ARC also. Hope that helps :) Blessings
Hey thanks for your feedback, and yes we are keeping our fingers crossed. CONGRATS on the landed! If we never needed these things hubby would certainly be here since our ECAS changed to "In process" Feb 5 2014. Oh well were getting there.

Brit_Edwards

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-OCT-2013
AOR Received.
25-OCT-2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
<3 16-JULY-2015 <3
Can-Vinc said:
@ samavril and Melfer,

Congratulations on your wonderful landing story and pending landing story! I really love hearing these good news stories!

Big thanks to everyone else for your words of encouragement and guidance. POS's requested docs have been sent off today and we are doing the process for digital prints/background check here too. That is underway.

Brit - did you say that they asked for ARC and fingerprints/RCMP clearance at the same time? They only asked us for Fingerprints and updated police check from SVG but based on recent feedback, I believe we will have to do one... POS is nothing if not inconsistent.
Hey they asled for ARC and the fee of $400 to be paid as well as his deportaiton fees for us to continue, as well as the fingerprints. My husband did his police check since last year July/August somewhere there and that expires after a years as well as your medical. The fingerprint requests was the RCMP one not the regular police check you gotta do.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ronstar said:
Hi All
I am also waiting for AOR from Port of Spain. My wife is sponsoring me. We got approval for sponsorship Feb 26th 2014 and no word if the file has arrived in Port of Spain yet. Should we email Port of Spain or wait till maybe a few months pass by?

Filed recieved: 23 Jan 2014
Sponsorship approved: 26 Feb 2014
Meds Done: 17 Dec 2013
Hi Ronstar and welcome to the POS thread ;D. Can-Vinc is correct, if you have not heard anything after 3-4 months , send them an e-mail or CSE as they are called "case specific enquiry". CIC is "supposed" to follow a service standard of sending AORs after 90 days; however, some folks get them and some have to "prompt" POS to respond.

The good news is that people have been getting processed in much less time than what is showing on CIC's website and if you look at the spreadsheet - link at the bottom of my post - you can see more details. I will add you to the spreadsheet as well. Blessings.

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Can-Vinc said:
Hey everyone!

@ ms ruby congrats on AOR

@ blessed yea, my hubby stayed at Alicia's too based on thw recommendation of the forum peeps and it definitely served its purpose... with regards to the length of the interview I think they try to get them done by lunch time but no guarantee and it is about 45 min away...

@ Ronstar... welcome and congrats on getting everything underway.... we didn't gwt our AOR for a long time... the general advice around here is to email if you haven't recieved it after 3 months to send them a note....

No news on our part!
Thank you Can-Vince !

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Hey guys, so hubby logged in to E-CAS last night and saw it said " Decision Made" under sponsorship application status. Last week it said " Application Received". Permanent Residence Application Status still says "Application Received"

Of all my reading on the forum, i don't recall someone posting about this...Did anyone else saw this type of activity when you signed in to ECAS? Does this means someone is actively working on our file?

Brit_Edwards

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-OCT-2013
AOR Received.
25-OCT-2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
<3 16-JULY-2015 <3
MsRuby said:
Hey guys, so hubby logged in to E-CAS last night and saw it said " Decision Made" under sponsorship application status. Last week it said " Application Received". Permanent Residence Application Status still says "Application Received"

Of all my reading on the forum, i don't recall someone posting about this...Did anyone else saw this type of activity when you signed in to ECAS? Does this means someone is actively working on our file?
Hey from what I remember when I just started it said "Decision Made" when Canada approves you as a sponsor. Then they would normally send you their AOR saying which visa office they will send it to, your application number etc. The Permanent Resident application will say application received until your visa office starts reviewing your file and then that will say "in process". Most of us whose went to "in process" means they waived the interview your spouse would possibly have to go and do. Also what I remember is POS sent me their AOR then my ECAS changed to "in process" a lil while after.

Hope that helps answer your question :)

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Brit_Edwards said:
Hey from what I remember when I just started it said "Decision Made" when Canada approves you as a sponsor. Then they would normally send you their AOR saying which visa office they will send it to, your application number etc. The Permanent Resident application will say application received until your visa office starts reviewing your file and then that will say "in process". Most of us whose went to "in process" means they waived the interview your spouse would possibly have to go and do. Also what I remember is POS sent me their AOR then my ECAS changed to "in process" a lil while after.

Hope that helps answer your question :)
Thanks Brit_Edwards, it sure did answere my question. I'm just praying for "in process" soon : )

Brit_Edwards

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-OCT-2013
AOR Received.
25-OCT-2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
<3 16-JULY-2015 <3
MsRuby said:
Thanks Brit_Edwards, it sure did answere my question. I'm just praying for "in process" soon : )
No Prob!! They have been actually moving pretty fast with processing the papers at POS. If you check most of our timelines you will see too. As long as you presented a great case about your relationship and drowned them with evidence you should definitely see "in process" soon.

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Brit_Edwards said:
No Prob!! They have been actually moving pretty fast with processing the papers at POS. If you check most of our timelines you will see too. As long as you presented a great case about your relationship and drowned them with evidence you should definitely see "in process" soon.
Yes someone else also mention a few months back that POS is moving somewhat at a faster pase. Our lawyer reassured us that our case is solid and not to worry. We put together a thorough application. Our only concern is my status in the US currently. That's the only thing have me on edge. Other than that, I can relax and let the process take its course, aspeedy course that is ; )

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MsRuby said:
Hi MsRuby, Brit is correct, you get a DM for the sponsorship approval and that is stage one finished. Stage 2 will also say "application received" until you get to the next step for stage 2 which will be "in process". There can be a long time (or not) to get to "in process" on ecas for stage 2 but Brit is also correct that if you go to "in process" in stage 2 that does mean the interview is waived which is always good news. :D Blessings.

Ronstar

Feb 28, 2014
Thanks guys. We will wait till maybe the end of April and then ask. I hope like everyone for speedy processing.