+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls share timeline for Student Visa applied in Manila

lisztomania

Jul 27, 2010
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I go to Simon Fraser but most of my classes are in surrey. But once in a while I swing by Burnaby since enrollment is there. Wow, BCIT! Nice. :) so you've submitted already? Mine took around 2 months to process. Also its best to go to the embassy to inquire personally. Faxed messages are rarely entertained. Hope this helps! :)

arys

Sep 18, 2010
that's nice... i also planned to go to sfu but i got already accepted at bcit.. yeah, i just submitted my application.. the courier service picked it up last saturday (sept 25).. and i'm super scared... geezzz.... :-[ how long did it take for you to be called for a med examination?? super duper thanks for all your suggestions and advice!! it really makes me feel calm... :)

lisztomania

Jul 27, 2010
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCIT is great for technical courses. I have a friend who graduated there and she said they really teach you. :) are you gonna live around Burnaby also? haha sorry for the barrage of questions! medical notice..I think 6-7 days? they'll send you a notice. Go at once! if you get it, go the next day or something. Medical takes 2 weeks to process and it can't be expedited. I think you have enough time though :)

arys

Sep 18, 2010
hi!!! yeah.. they say that bcit's really good... my cousins finished their studies at bcit so i'm hoping i can also go to the same school... sigh*.... actually my relatives live at burnaby, and i also stay there everytime i visit there in canada.. i hope the processing of my application will be smooth,.. i hope i can see you there!!!! :) and by the way, how do they let you know for a medical examination?? sorry for a lot of questions.. i really am nervous... :'(

lisztomania

Jul 27, 2010
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will send you a notice in form of a letter. Instruction will be there also. I don't think you have to make any appointments with the accredited clinics. Just go early then you should be done in like half a day. :)

Coooooollll. That's so convenient if you're gonna live in Burnaby. I really hope to see you around here! :)

arys

Sep 18, 2010
hello.. i am really sorry to bother you and for asking you a lot of questions...hehehe.. i just wanted to know how did they send you the letter? did they mailed it to you like a regular snail mail? or by any chance do they send it like same as the courier?? did they also tried to call you?? sorry again!!!!!

arys

Sep 18, 2010
i'm also quite worried because if it's a snail mail, it might get too long for me to get it because there are cases wherein the mail system here in our place is quite slow and takes longer than usual.. :'( by the way, where are you from here in the phils?? :)

Kristina23

Nov 2, 2010
Hi I'm new here po and for the past few months I'm wandering around here. Like everyone else, I planned to study in Canada (Toronto where my relatives are based) but didn't get to prepare for the January 2011 school year. Naisip na lang ng auntie ko (na cia rin magfi-finance saken) na we could try the summer (May ba or June). I have questions po sana:

Is December a good month to start everything? It is too early or not? I have to take IELTS pa kasi.

Ilang schools po ba ang dapat applyan, para maincrease yung chance na makuha. Around Toronto, Ottawa lang daw po kasi dun din lang ako titira sa mga aunties ko.

If ma-accept kelangan bang bayaran kahit half nung tuition fee?

After makapag-pass, required ba magmedical or me mga cases na nde sila nagpapamedical.

I'm planning to take HR Admin courses kaso I've been working for 7 years already and right now I'm currently employed (for 3 years) sa isang IT company. Graduate din po ako ng IT but I decided na nde kumuha ng ganung course kasi sa totoo lang po my heart doesn't belong to IT. (Ang weird d po ba nagwowork ako sa IT but nde ko pala gusto hehe). Mag conflict po kaya yun?

And last na po, my auntie will shoulder everything. she's willing to provide necessary documents if ever maacept ko sa school. 40 years na rin po sila dun and they believe na kaya nila akong suportahan. Is it necessary po ba na when I pass the documents, iprovide ko rin yung sarili kong financial documents, like savings account?

Maraming maraming salamat po. Tsaka pacencia na po kung mahaba. Any replies are truly appreciated. Good day po sa inyong lahat. :)

ayns

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017
Hi,

I am new here and I'm about to apply for a Visa as soon as I get my acceptance letter from the mail and I will be studying in BC. I just wanted to ask, regarding the interviews, how do you actually avoid this? I'm trying to create my study plan and I seen the previous posts and have updated my study plan as I read it. I'm just not sure if it is enough to get me a Visa.

Also, where do you have your medical exams? Any lab/clinic? Or does the embassy specify the lab/clinic?

Advanced thanks for any help!

denyl182002

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
Med's Done....
05-10-2017
Kamusta po...

Im new here...pede ko po bang malaman magkano po ang nilagay nyong funds s account nyo. My auntie is living in Alberta, kailangan ko bang ilagay sa application ko un. Medyo confused po ako.

Thank you po sa future comments.

Cityworldcom

Feb 27, 2008
Hi to all, I just want to know regarding proof funds, show bank records(passbook and bank statements) for the last 24 months - does this really apply? Does CIC-Manila acknowledge bank certification?

sagittarianrn

Feb 1, 2011
"
Re: Pls share timeline for Student Visa applied in Manila
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2011, 09:41:06 am »
Hi to all, I just want to know regarding proof funds, show bank records(passbook and bank statements) for the last 24 months - does this really apply? Does CIC-Manila acknowledge bank certification?"

anyone who has an answer to this? I badly need this information as well..

Also, if in case your money and your parents' money are not enough to cover for the proof of funds, can someone (relative or friend) be one of your sponsors? Is it necessary that your sponsor's money (parents and/or relatives) be in the bank for at least 4 months before I can consider them as eligible sponsors?

I need your enlightenment guys..