+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls share timeline for Student Visa applied in Manila

xander_jon79

Aug 9, 2010
Hello,

Just want to share my timeline for study permit application.

July 11, 2010---- Sent Application
July 19, 2010---- Received Medical Instructions
July 26, 2010---- Had Medical in Cebu
July 30, 2010---- Medical Results sent to Embassy
as of now------- Waiting

I have the following questions:

1. What are the chances of getting the VISA before September? Classes begin September 8, 2010
2. Are rejections made BEFORE or AFTER medicals (assuming that med results are GOOD)?
3. When embassy sends you medical instructions, does this mean you have been pre-approved?

Hope to hear from you guys!

xander_jon79

Aug 9, 2010
Hello,

as of now------- Waiting

1. What are the chances of getting the VISA before September? Classes begin September 8, 2010
2. Are rejections made BEFORE or AFTER medicals (assuming that med results are GOOD)?
3. When embassy sends you medical instructions, does this mean you have been pre-approved?

lisztomania

Jul 27, 2010
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Xander ,

Im in the same situation. Still watinting for my permit and its already orientation next week!
I did go to the embassy this morning (returned my passport) and they told me to just wait and my application is still "being processed".
If I dont get it within the week I will defer my acceptance to next term. oh well. anyway, Let's hope for the best! :)

heartbeat

Jan 31, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2013-06-01
IELTS Request
xander_jon79 said:
Hello,

as of now------- Waiting

spme time normal visa cases takes time upto 90 days .........i hope you wil be notified in a week or 2

visa chances are always based on the documents you submitted not on time or months.......

visa application is not based on medicals.........

no, its not becuase my visa had refused even i received medicals instructions from the embassy ........

xander_jon79

Aug 9, 2010
Hello again guys,

Just an update. I received my TVR last week, August 10, 2010. Which was kind of surprising, to be honest. Just when I thought it was never gonna come.

So I guess this is it, I'm off to Canada. And I sincerely wish my fellow Pinoys will get their visas too.

To lisztomania, hang in there. It will come before you know it. Desire it, and the universe will conspire to give it to you (channeling The Secret).

To heartbeat, will you be applying again and if yes, when?

heartbeat

Jan 31, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2013-06-01
IELTS Request
xander_jon79 said:
Hello again guys,

Just an update. I received my TVR last week, August 10, 2010. Which was kind of surprising, to be honest. Just when I thought it was never gonna come.

So I guess this is it, I'm off to Canada. And I sincerely wish my fellow Pinoys will get their visas too.

To lisztomania, hang in there. It will come before you know it. Desire it, and the universe will conspire to give it to you (channeling The Secret).

To heartbeat, will you be applying again and if yes, when?

congrs 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

i will apply for next semester 2011

lisztomania

Jul 27, 2010
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!

Just want to share and updatee, I'll finally get my visa. As you know, I've been a bit frantic about it (a bit?? Ahaha) since activities will start next week, so I went to the embassy to follow up the status of my visa. I told them I'm considering deferring to next term because I don't want to leave on such short notice/time line. The officer sort of discouraged me to defer because ill have to re-apply and pay the same fees again. She asked me if I get it today will I still defer. Thinking of the hassle of having to go through the half naked medical, I immediately said no I won't defer if I get my visa. The officer said she will check the status and call me in a few. After like the longest 20 mins of my life she called me back and said that I could pick up my visa within the day. It was scheduled for clearing today and delivery tomorrow, but because I was already there they decided to hand me my visa personally. So I'm to pick it up 4pm later and I guess I have to leave soon. :)

Thanks to everyone who offered their encouragement and advice. Really helpful and motivating. I wish everyone here the best!

Also if there's one thing I learned here, if you're anxious about your visa or if you have concerns, its best to go to the embassy and personally ask them your queries. The hotline will advise you to fax a letter but I don't think they read fax messages. Just be in rcbc plaza (if you're in manila) by 8am and it shouldn't take that long to inquire. :) hope this helps!!

Ps. is anyone else going to BC for studies? If yes let me know! Ill need all the friends I could get!! :D thanks again!! :)

arys

Sep 18, 2010
hi, i just read this post and i'm planning to pass my application.. i just wanted to know if how long will it take for a normal application to be processed, if there are any med examinations/interviews... ??? help will be greatly appreciated!!! thanks!

lisztomania

Jul 27, 2010
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Arys,

Around 1-2 (or 3?) months so its best to submit as soon as you get your acceptance letter.
Usually medical is required (and this will take around 2 weeks to process), I think especially if you'll be studying for a long time. They will also let you know if you will be interviewed or not. Some are not called for interviews, maybe just when they have to clarify some details about your application. :)

arys

Sep 18, 2010
hi lisztomania, thanks for the reply though...i really appreciate it...

i was worried because my dad's surname is different from what i am using right now.. it's just one letter different from mine... i'm afraid that the cdn embassy will question it here.. what do you think...??? :-[

lisztomania

Jul 27, 2010
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Arys,

Hmm...maybe you can include an explanation in your application and submit supporting documents like birth certificates etc. I mean if its just a minor, 1 letter mistake...anyway, that's what I'd do though If I were in your shoes. If they find it unclear, they will call you for an interview then you can also explain then.:)

Where in canada are you planning to study? :)

arys

Sep 18, 2010
hi again... hopefully i'll be able to pass my application... :-[

anyway, i'm planning to enter this winter at vancouver...particularly in burnaby... how bout u??? thanks for the advice... really appreciated..

arys

Sep 18, 2010
at bcit... how bout u??? hopefully i can get positive feedback from the embassy... i'm already super scared and super nervous to death... :-[