+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls share timeline for Student Visa applied in Manila

janx

Jun 29, 2010
hello guys,

im applying for the same visa. i have a few questions: what did you put in your IMM 1294B form in no.10? wherein the tuition fee is asked? my problem is that my acceptance letter only indicates my 1st Year's fee. Should i indicate in the blank the approximate tuition fee for 2 years (e.g. [1st year's fee] multiplied by 2 years)? Would it create a problem if I won't indicate the exact tuition fee?

Another is, could I indicate $0.00 cost in the "Room and Board" space since I am going to live with my cousin?

Thank you guys for your help!

lisztomania

Jul 27, 2010
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janx said:
hello guys,

im applying for the same visa. i have a few questions: what did you put in your IMM 1294B form in no.10? wherein the tuition fee is asked? my problem is that my acceptance letter only indicates my 1st Year's fee. Should i indicate in the blank the approximate tuition fee for 2 years (e.g. [1st year's fee] multiplied by 2 years)? Would it create a problem if I won't indicate the exact tuition fee?

Another is, could I indicate $0.00 cost in the "Room and Board" space since I am going to live with my cousin?

Thank you guys for your help!
Hi Janx,

My fees were indicated as yearly too so I just entered "amount / year". I did the same for residence and other fees. :)

lisztomania

Jul 27, 2010
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Would like to share my visa situation and receive your opinions on the matter. Perhaps you've heard of a similar case to mine, would appreciate to know outcomes so I could decide wisely on what to do with my application. :)

I'm to attend fall semester this September and orientations (which I paid for already) start August 31. This means I have to be there earlier, last week of August at most, to settle my enrollment fees, student fees, id cards etc. Now my problem is I just had my medical yesterday and the follow up they gave me for my records was August 17. Do you think ill get my permit before August 24? or does this sound improbable? I did ask the call center before submitting my application if I should just defer my acceptance and if my application will not make it, and he said my timeline was alright. Is the embassy open to expediting visas for urgent cases?

My timeline so far:

Sent application: 17 July 2010
Received letter for medical: 23 July 2010
Medical exam : 26 July 2010
Follow up time: 17 August 2010

Thanks everyone. Appreciate any help I could get. :)

lisztomania

Jul 27, 2010
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aleurre said:
Insert Quote
Quote from: aleurre on June 06, 2010, 05:44:03 am
Hi.

I want to share my time line.
I applied for a study permit at the canada embassy manila.

May 11,2010 - Application sent
June 06, 2010 - still no news

Do you know if this is normal?

Help!!!!

bat antagal........ Roll Eyes i wont be able to submit until july because i am still waiting for my passport to be renewed.... classes begin sept 7.........

oo nga e.. ewan ko ba. pero i knew other people who got their results in 7 days (including weekends), kaya lang di positive ang response
Hi Alleure,

Did you send your passport with your application or you had it renewed?
I got a response 6 days after I submitted my application, request to take a medical exam.

I have the same problem, I don't know if I'll get my visa before classes start. Oh no. haha.

uglydoll

Jun 4, 2010
hey lizstomania (love that song, btw haha) I submitted mine on July 21st and I am still waiting for a response from CIC.... for sure it is stated on your acceptance letter that you have to be in Canada on or before a particular date, right? i'm no expert myself but I think the embassy would be taking the important dates into consideration (or let's hope so...)..

lisztomania

Jul 27, 2010
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi uglydoll, (i love those dolls btw haha!) coolio, are you going for the fall semester too? :)
Which part of canada will you study in if you don't mind?

Yea. that's what I'm really hoping for. its says in my acceptance letter that school starts September 7. I just hope they consider that I have to be there earlier to arrange everything else.:eek: and I also need to know SOON since I need to settle % of my tuition before school starts, pay student fees, etc. and a full refund is not possible after a certain date. :/

A bit of good news though: I called the visa info center this morning, they said I could send a fax message to the embassy to ask them to expedite. awesome possum. :) but its still not a guarantee that they will do so if I ask for a request since medical takes at least 2 weeks to process. pfft. oh well. Let's hope for the best!! :)

uglydoll

Jun 4, 2010
hey lisztomania... i am going for the fall semester as well... and it will be in Edmonton ;) where will you be heading?

in my case, i have already paid the tuition fees for fall term plus half the fees for the winter term.. i know i know... but the good thing is, the school will refund 100% if ever my application is not granted...

i also heard that yep, you can request for them to expedite the processing (though i am not exactly sure how)...

and the medical would take 2 weeks? yikes... is that the standard turn around time? i think i've read from alleure in another thread that hers only took about 1 week...

i am wishing for the best... keep us posted, okay... ;D

lisztomania

Jul 27, 2010
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi uglydoll, nice, that's in Alberta yea? I'm heading Burnaby in BC. Mountain life! Haha. :)

That's good. Buti ka pa. Full refunds are only til august 6 and every class ill be dropping from august 7 will cost me 50$ :( I wrote them a letter, hopefully ill get a reply soon! :) thank youuu! You too, all the best!! :)

lisztomania

Jul 27, 2010
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi J1782, are you going for fall semester? Did you have to take a medical exam? Good luck with your interview! :D

J1782

Jul 10, 2009
Uglydoll, thanks for the well wishes. I tried to respond to your original PM, but my response was sent back. How's your application going?

Liszt, my contact person at the embassy told me that I won't be able to take a medical until they interview me. Thanks for the well wishes, too. It looks like I'm going to need it :eek:

aleurre

Apr 10, 2010
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Canada
App. Filed.......
01-09-2018
Doc's Request.
05-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
IELTS Request
05-09-2018
File Transfer...
11-10-2018
Med's Request
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
21-09-2018
Hi lisztomania,

Yes I did submit my passport with my application as per instruction on CIC-Manila Website.

Hi uglydoll,

I was able to finish my medical in a week's time, yes. Actually, I could have done it in one day only I had to repeat urinalysis. BUT as per the clinic, the result will be released in 2-3 weeks. Having that information, I would assume that the Canada Embassy in Manila will not receive it until after 2-3 weeks. I hope this made it clear.

I still don't have my visa on hand.

lisztomania

Jul 27, 2010
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi alleure,

I see. It takes that long for medical??? Which clinic did you go to? :( oh noo I don't think ill make it for september intake. Or if I do ill be missing the orientations I paid for ? are you going for september semester too?

aleurre

Apr 10, 2010
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Canada
App. Filed.......
01-09-2018
Doc's Request.
05-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
IELTS Request
05-09-2018
File Transfer...
11-10-2018
Med's Request
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
21-09-2018
Yes, I am for the September intake.
Hindi ka naman siguro madedelay. Let's all hope for the best.