+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls share timeline for Student Visa applied in Manila

poco

Jul 23, 2008
Mabuhay!

Is there anybody who just recently received their student visa processed in Manila? Please share your timeline.

Kinakabahan na kasi yung friend ko if she could make it to her January intake. She submitted her application October 13, finished her medical November 14.

Kabayan, share naman if you have idea on this matter.

Maraming Salamat!

poco

Jul 23, 2008
My friends timeline: Canada Embassy in Manila

October 13, 2008 - Application Submitted
October 23, 2008 - Embassy replied requiring applicant for medical
November 03, 2008 - Medical check - up at Nationwide Health System in Cebu
November 18, 2008 - Medical result submitted to Embassy
present - waiting .... praying and hoping for the visa to come

poco

Jul 23, 2008
Thank you BC guy for replying.

How can I check online? Is it applicable to Manila Temporary visa applications?what is the website to open in order to check application online. Please, please reply...

My friend is already freaking out because here in Manila, declared holiday and no work since December 23 until Jan 4 ! which means the embassy is close for almost 2 weeks. Therefore, the visa will possibly be sent back January 5 onwards. The school starts January 12 and unfortunately she definitely cannot attend the orientation schedule on January 7.

poco

Jul 23, 2008
Hi, everybody! I just want to share my gladness that my friend has finally gotten her study permit last January 3. Thank God to people who shared their knowledge in this forum.

D

deadfishie

i didnt realize you posted the timeline in a different thread. thanks!
May i ask if i could set the date for your departure once i get the study permit? Im planning to leave on August but classes start on October..

I'm actually waiting for my acceptance letter to arrive since my online application status says that I already got accepted. After that I'm going to pass by application for a study permit.

I had no idea how long it might take for the processing so thanks so much for the info.. :)

poco

Jul 23, 2008
Hi, deadfishie!

yes, you can leave for Canada as soon as you have already receive your study permit.

Once you received your letter of acceptance from the school, send your application for study permit in Canada Embassy in Manila asap because it will take more or less three months to process.

Good luck, kabayan!

D

deadfishie

thanks so much for your help, kabayan! :D

although the school already confirmed my acceptance, im still waiting for the letter to arrive in the mail. :) hope the letter arrives after the holy week. :D

oh I forgot to ask you, will they be asking where I will be staying? I plan to stay at a family friend's house during the course of my study. do i need an invitation from them or something? :) thanksss. sorry for bothering you, i've searched so many times but they don't have this kind of info on the website.

poco

Jul 23, 2008
Kumusta?

I think a letter of invitation or support isn't necessary but may come in handy just in case you will go through an interview and whenever such question may pop-up.

It is my pleasure to be of help. I am paying it forward to those who have help us and shared their knowledge in this forum.

You may ask any questions that will help you on your quest of obtaining a study permit. I will do the best I can to answer base on my friends experienced, base on what I have read in CIC website and from what I have learned from this forum.

Mugen1990

Nov 17, 2008
Calgary, AB
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
Med's Request
02-03-2018
Med's Done....
23-03-2018
Hi poco,

Can u give me a list of documents that your friend sent to embassy.

D

deadfishie

Hello again.

The post office is stressing me out. o_O I just received my acceptance letter last April 20. It took 1 month to get it in the mail and it was already opened and resealed with tape! I almost missed the reservation fee deadline which was on April 2. It's a good thing I communicated with the school through email and they informed me early that I had to pay up, otherwise I would have missed it entirely, no thanks to the postal service...

Anyway, I am filling out my forms and I am planning to submit my application to the Canadian Embassy next week.

I was just wondering if you could enlighten me on what to write on the Personal Study Plan requirement... Is it a formal essay or something about me? I can't seem to find samples on the internet...

Thanks!

poco

Jul 23, 2008
Hi, Mugen1990! sorry for the delayed reply. All the documents my friend sent to apply in her study permit can be found at this website:www.cic.gc.ca
Just browse on study, then how to apply. There you can see the documents list. You can get a lot of information from this site.

deadfishie, my friend did an essay on her study plan, contents were about the course she will be taking and the period complete with dates, meaning the number of terms she needs to obtain the course and the specific dates you start and end your term. Moreover, she mentioned the positive impact on her career if she would be able to study in Canada on the course she is planning to take. I hope this would help you. Goodluck!

D

deadfishie

thanks poco! the embassy picked up my application this morning. i hope it gets processed in time. may i ask you what your friends intended departure date was? and did the embassy process the visa in time for the said date? and last question if you don't mind - did she go alone or did a family member accompany her? i'm hoping they give me time to adjust to the weather.. also the fact that im going alone makes it even harder. anyway, thanks for your help! :)

poco

Jul 23, 2008
Hi, my friend departure date schedule was supposed to be before new year of 2008 but the study permit arrived January 2, 2009. She came to Canada by herself. Her study permit probably took sometime to arrive maybe because there were almost 2 weeks of christmas holiday in the Philippines then. I hope your study permit will be processed on time. Good luck!