+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls share timeline for Student Visa applied in Manila

D

deadfishie

Okay, I see. I'm also coming by myself. I hope I don't get rejected. Thanks for all your help, poco! I'll update when something comes up. :)

D

deadfishie

Hey Poco! It just occured to me, When she filled up her Personal Information Form and Personal Study Plan, did she write anything about her plans after she finishes her course? Is there a need to mention what you plan to do after your studies? Will that affect the decision? Thanks!

poco

Jul 23, 2008
I have no idea on the details of her study plan but I believe it would be better if you just mention the positive impact on your career of having a canadian education. This would, i think, would help convince IO that your purpose of studying in Canada is to improve your career in your home country and not intending to stay in Canada after you finish studying. You have to prove that you have no intention of staying in Canada and would go back home after you study.

aeshkelon12

May 9, 2009
poco said:
Thank you BC guy for replying.

How can I check online? Is it applicable to Manila Temporary visa applications?what is the website to open in order to check application online. Please, please reply...

My friend is already freaking out because here in Manila, declared holiday and no work since December 23 until Jan 4 ! which means the embassy is close for almost 2 weeks. Therefore, the visa will possibly be sent back January 5 onwards. The school starts January 12 and unfortunately she definitely cannot attend the orientation schedule on January 7.
Hi Poco,

Were you able to check your friend's application status online? I checked the canadianvisa website, online checking is not available for Temporary visa applications. Applicants are supposed to wait 45 days after submission of the medical exam results to the embassy, but I do hope they release the visa after 28 days (as the statistics shows).

aeshkelon12

May 9, 2009
deadfishie said:
Hey Poco! It just occured to me, When she filled up her Personal Information Form and Personal Study Plan, did she write anything about her plans after she finishes her course? Is there a need to mention what you plan to do after your studies? Will that affect the decision? Thanks!
Hi deadfishie,

"Personal study plan: a description of your proposed program of studies as it relates to your academic, technical, or vocational background". The description is vague, but check out the UK website <http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/student/e_study.htm>

"8. Study Plan - please submit a one page study plan which answers the following questions and includes any other information relevant to the processing of your application:

Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted? What is your overall educational goal? Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence/citizenship? What research have you done into studies in your country of residence/citizenship? How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence/citizenship? What ties do you have to your country of residence/citizenship? If it has been more than 2 years since you have left full time education, please provide your C.V. (resumé). In the case of a minor applicant, what are your reasons for studying in Canada? What is your parents/guardian’s immigration status in their current country of residence?"

Some of these questions may not apply to us Filipino applicants (such as providing a CV). But if you applied to graduate school, the Personal Study Plan is very similar to the "Statement of Purpose" or "Statement of Research Interest" that was required by graduate schools, just make it less technical to make it easy for a layman to read. I hope this helps.

D

deadfishie

thanks for your help, poco and aeshkelon12..

Unfortunately, I already submitted my application last April 29 and in my personal study plan, i only wrote about the course description and how it would help my career.. but since the description in the Philippine website was so vague, i did not mention anything about ties to the country, or reasons why i am not pursuing the same program in the Philippines. It didn't occur to me to check the UK website. Had I known, I would have mentioned that I plan to have a business in the Philippines after my studies... Now I'm nervous as how that would affect their decision...

However, I have lived in the UK for 6 months as a tourist last year.. Do you think that would help me prove that I will go back to the Philippines after my studies?

aeshkelon12

May 9, 2009
Hi deadfishie,

I think showing your previous travel is a big plus. There's nothing to worry about not mentioning your ties to the country, it was not explicitly mentioned in the Philippine website. I only looked up the UK website because I wanted some guide questions for the Plan of Study.

Are you done with your medical exam? I received my medical exam notice five working days after I submitted my application.

poco

Jul 23, 2008
Hi, aeshkelon12! no, my friend did not able to check the status of her application online. You are right, Canadian website does not provide online checking for temporary visa application. Anyway, she already received her study permit and is already here in Canada.

poco

Jul 23, 2008
My friends timeline: Canada Embassy in Manila

October 13, 2008 - Application Submitted
October 23, 2008 - Embassy replied requiring applicant for medical
November 03, 2008 - Medical check - up at Nationwide Health System in Cebu
November 18, 2008 - Medical result submitted to Embassy
January 3, 2009 - RECEIVED VISA!

D

deadfishie

Hey sorry for the late reply. Thanks for everything! :)

My med exam notice just arrived today.. :) It took 10 working days for me, I sent it on April 29 but they told me they only received it last May 4.. Do people get rejected before or after the medical?

babycakes

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
Hi there,

Any update on your study permit application? Can you please share your timeline. I have yet to take an admission exam for George Brown College here in Toronto next week and I am very anxious of what's gonna happen after that... I will be going home to the Philippines after I receive my acceptance letter to apply for the work permit.

Please share your timeline and experience.

Thanks!

aleurre

Apr 10, 2010
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Canada
App. Filed.......
01-09-2018
Doc's Request.
05-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
IELTS Request
05-09-2018
File Transfer...
11-10-2018
Med's Request
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
21-09-2018
Hi.

I want to share my time line.
I applied for a study permit at the canada embassy manila.

May 11,2010 - Application sent
June 06, 2010 - still no news

Do you know if this is normal?

Help!!!!

uglydoll

Jun 4, 2010
aleurre said:
Hi.

Help!!!!
bat antagal........ ::) i wont be able to submit until july because i am still waiting for my passport to be renewed.... classes begin sept 7.........

aleurre

Apr 10, 2010
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Canada
App. Filed.......
01-09-2018
Doc's Request.
05-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
IELTS Request
05-09-2018
File Transfer...
11-10-2018
Med's Request
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
21-09-2018
Insert Quote
Quote from: aleurre on June 06, 2010, 05:44:03 am
Hi.

Help!!!!

bat antagal........ Roll Eyes i wont be able to submit until july because i am still waiting for my passport to be renewed.... classes begin sept 7.........

oo nga e.. ewan ko ba. pero i knew other people who got their results in 7 days (including weekends), kaya lang di positive ang response

aleurre

Apr 10, 2010
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Canada
App. Filed.......
01-09-2018
Doc's Request.
05-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
IELTS Request
05-09-2018
File Transfer...
11-10-2018
Med's Request
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
21-09-2018
Hay...
Until now, I don't have any response from the embassy. I called their call center and they told me it is still in process.