+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residence pathway for Colombian, Haitian and Venezuelan nationals

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Here I am just guessing but since your parents are married, if your mom gets a PR, she can come and later sponsor him? So maybe only she will get the PR through this program? And maybe your father’s spot is given to another ? This is all speculation… your dad might get it later through this program… we applied for two siblings the same day, only once received a returned application, nothing on the other one yet…
So did each sibling have their own application as they are not dependant on one another?

You will complete this form online for everyone in the following list:
  • the principal applicant
  • spouse or common-law partner (whether they are accompanying or not)
  • each dependent child over the age of 18 years (whether they are accompanying or not)

Bea.canadavisa

Nov 29, 2023
Here I am just guessing but since your parents are married, if your mom gets a PR, she can come and later sponsor him? So maybe only she will get the PR through this program? And maybe your father’s spot is given to another ? This is all speculation… your dad might get it later through this program… we applied for two siblings the same day, only once received a returned application, nothing on the other one yet…
@karenes29

Did they explain what was the reason of the returned application?

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Ah - got it.

I'm not IRCC. But my guess is that they will only process the first 11K complete applications. They will reject / refuse the incomplete ones and return any received after the 11K complete applications has been reached.
I really don't understand the lack of transparency in these programs. Why not just outline, "we are going to have the program open for x amount of time, so get all your documents ready in that time." Instead they give a vague statement saying the program will be open until the quota is met. It has been 2 weeks, I can say with absolute certainty that they have way more than 11k complete applications by now. Not only that, I am sure they have given out more than 11k AORs considering they are at the end of 20th Nov in terms of the time at which the application was submitted. I would imagine 11k applications were submitted from the 17th to the end of the 20th.

Obviously once the announcement was made most people submitted whatever documentation they had with LOAs due to the fear of missing out, now they have been dreading for 2 weeks whether they made the best choice or should they have waited. For being a humanitarian program, its inhumane to make people suffer like this.

This program apparently took months of planning, from what we can see, anyone with half a brain could come up with what they have come up with in half a day. The level of incompetence and inconsistencies with all their programs is unbelievable.

Why keep people in the dark, why not just say what their plan is, when are they planning to close, surely they have met their desired quota. And if that was never the plan, why not be transparent about it from the beginning.

karenes29

Dec 30, 2016
So did each sibling have their own application as they are not dependant on one another?

You will complete this form online for everyone in the following list:
  • the principal applicant
  • spouse or common-law partner (whether they are accompanying or not)
  • each dependent child over the age of 18 years (whether they are accompanying or not)
Yes

Lola93

Star Member
May 18, 2016
I really don't understand the lack of transparency in these programs. Why not just outline, "we are going to have the program open for x amount of time, so get all your documents ready in that time." Instead they give a vague statement saying the program will be open until the quota is met. It has been 2 weeks, I can say with absolute certainty that they have way more than 11k complete applications by now. Not only that, I am sure they have given out more than 11k AORs considering they are at the end of 20th Nov in terms of the time at which the application was submitted. I would imagine 11k applications were submitted from the 17th to the end of the 20th.

Obviously once the announcement was made most people submitted whatever documentation they had with LOAs due to the fear of missing out, now they have been dreading for 2 weeks whether they made the best choice or should they have waited. For being a humanitarian program, its inhumane to make people suffer like this.

This program apparently took months of planning, from what we can see, anyone with half a brain could come up with what they have come up with in half a day. The level of incompetence and inconsistencies with all their programs is unbelievable.

Why keep people in the dark, why not just say what their plan is, when are they planning to close, surely they have met their desired quota. And if that was never the plan, why not be transparent about it from the beginning.
I agree. It's sad people are still investing money into translations, documents and so on, when maybe the 11,000 has been reached already.

yayita

Nov 13, 2013

Just to be clear hare. It's not 11K applications is 11K people. 1 applications can have 1 or more people varies on dependents (spouse & children)

Another side of it. If IRCC announces a time frame when program will be open the spots will fill in minutes. To give you an idea grandparent's and parents program filled out in 8 min last time.

I feel your frustration too. There is not much we can do. Instructions were not the clearest either. They are doing spouses and parents and grandparents when there are other programs for those relatives. While there is nothing for siblings or children (over 22yo).

Lola93

Star Member
May 18, 2016
I support you on this one, this should have been used for the family members that have no other sponsorship process available, for example for siblings only, or children above 22 years old. Because there are other ways to bring your spouse, children under 22, and even parents. But well, I guess we all deserve a chance to reunite with our family and it is a personal choice to decide what program fits us better.

Lola93

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Some people are saying the applications are being returned because of not including their proof of civil status. But it wasn’t a requirement in the first place if they were not applying to for spouse / net partner :(. Was it a requirement?

• Sad
Reactions: Bea.canadavisa

BC1989

May 27, 2021
With regards the total number of applications . I don’t think the limit is reached yet . I don’t understand how people could have got their police certificates so fast . It’s impossible that people could get the confirmation email on the Friday when they updated the proccess on a Monday . The online police certificate won’t be accepted For Colombians and there is no way the two companies got through 1000s of police certificates which people then had to get translated.