+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa-August 2017

PAuaePakTor

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
I just got my application approved on the system :)

Ppr received :28 August
Passport sent : 31 August
Passport received :5th September (because of the long weekend took longer )
Application approved in the system : 21 September :)
Tracker activated : pending
Passport received : pending

So these days how long for the passport to come back from the Ottawa office ? I'm in Vancouver. fswi. I want to book my tickets for America for next weekend . Do you think i should be fine if I book now?
After approval it may take 2 to 4 days for tracker activation and then 2-3 days by Canada post maximum

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Thanks. Where did you flagpole. I have USA visa so flagpole is not must for me. I live inTotont0 but heard scary stories about rainbow bridge. Is rainbow bridge ok now for pr landing services. I have to go by bus to niagara so need to walk through the bridge
I flagpoled on the west coast so fortunately pretty far from the famous Rainbow bridge :)

abrarkhan123

Aug 14, 2017
I just got my application approved on the system :)

Ppr received :28 August
Passport sent : 31 August
Passport received :5th September (because of the long weekend took longer )
Application approved in the system : 21 September :)
Tracker activated : pending
Passport received : pending

So these days how long for the passport to come back from the Ottawa office ? I'm in Vancouver. fswi. I want to book my tickets for America for next weekend . Do you think i should be fine if I book now?
I am a FSW inland applicant as well from Vancouver. I got my PR in 1 week from when it was approved in the system

PAuaePakTor

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
My tracker got activated just now
Application sent: 29 Aug
Delivered to Ottawa: 30 Aug
Approved: 19 Sep
Tracker: 21 Sep
Should be delivered by tomorrow hopefully

Last edited:

PAuaePakTor

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Any landing experience on rainbow or peace bridge. Is it allowed on Friday to Monday on peace bridge for landing, by going to USA for couple of hours and come back to land

Canadianspirit

Feb 2, 2017
Guys I am sending my passport from the US and just created an online account with FedEx how should I proceed from here and how much time is expected to get my passport back please?

wolfman2017

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2015
Guys I am sending my passport from the US and just created an online account with FedEx how should I proceed from here and how much time is expected to get my passport back please?
Print both shipping and return labels along with commercial invoices for both.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, I just did the landing at blue water bridge in Sarnia tonight. I did flagpole even though I have a valid US visa. The US border officers were very nice. They drove my car across the border(they said they liked my car lol) so that I didn't need to pay the $4 toll. It wasn't busy in the Canadian side at all and I was the only one there. I had CoPR, passport, work permit and two photos with me. The officer didn't ask much and didn't stamp anything on my passport/visa. He told me that I can only use CoPR to cross the border to states by car, no travel by plane. The PR card should arrive my home address in 8 weeks. I've been living in Canada for over 6 years... The officer didn't even say Welcome to Canada to me. lol. Everything was done within 10 mins, pretty smooth.

I also asked the officer how often people come to Sarnia to do landing. He said average at 20 ppl per day these days. In the past it was just around one or two per day. If you live close to Sarnia, I'd highly recommend you to land in Sarnia border.

This forum has been very helpful to me. I thank everyone that has contributed here. And I hope those that are still waiting for passport/CoPR will receive them soon. Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mpnppr

Jerrie86

Star Member
Sep 1, 2016
USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/11/2016
Nomination.....
15/11/2016
Hey guys,

I sent my passports on September 14th and were delivered by September 15th.

I have not received any email or any sort of notification from cic yet.is it normal?

Also, what is the order of steps that I should look out for. Does it go like this?

1.Application approved, notification by cic account

2 Tracker activated. Notified via email?

3.Passports sent and receive notification via email.

Let me know if this is how it goes.

Thanks

Last edited:

chawla.kanu

Apr 30, 2015
Hello Friends,

I have a question, me and my wife are in Toronto. My wife is primary applicant,me and my wife are going to on vacation to our home country but she is planning to come and do port of entry on 22nd Oct in morning but I am coming on 23rd Oct because I am not able to get the tickets of 22nd.

Is there any issue if I do port of entry after her, and what all documents do I need to show at that time ? Are we getting 2 COPRs or Just one ?
Please guide..!!

Thanks a lot..!!

ruhin

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
Hey guys, I just did the landing at blue water bridge in Sarnia tonight. I did flagpole even though I have a valid US visa. The US border officers were very nice. They drove my car across the border(they said they liked my car lol) so that I didn't need to pay the $4 toll. It wasn't busy in the Canadian side at all and I was the only one there. I had CoPR, passport, work permit and two photos with me. The officer didn't ask much and didn't stamp anything on my passport/visa. He told me that I can only use CoPR to cross the border to states by car, no travel by plane. The PR card should arrive my home address in 8 weeks. I've been living in Canada for over 6 years... The officer didn't even say Welcome to Canada to me. lol. Everything was done within 10 mins, pretty smooth.

I also asked the officer how often people come to Sarnia to do landing. He said average at 20 ppl per day these days. In the past it was just around one or two per day. If you live close to Sarnia, I'd highly recommend you to land in Sarnia border.

This forum has been very helpful to me. I thank everyone that has contributed here. And I hope those that are still waiting for passport/CoPR will receive them soon. Good luck, everyone!
Do you need US visa to flagpole? Do they need extra photos?