+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa-August 2017

magesh1988

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
Emailed they just sent an automatic reply that responses are expected within 20 working days?!

I am very worried now!
Forgot to mention about the automated reply, yes they do send that but they will email you with in 24 hrs. since its a weeked you can expect a reply on monday.

Sh1234567890

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Application received :5 sept
Application approved : 21 sept
Tracker activated :22 sept ( it's been picked up by Canada post )
Passport received :waiting ( since the weekend is in between it will be delivered I think Monday or Tuesday - I.e. 25/26 sept)

smlrch

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR - June 21st,2017
PPR - Aug 9th, 2017
Passport Sent - Aug 25th, 2017
Passport Delivered - Aug 28th, 2017
Application Approved - Sep 12th, 2017
Return Tracker - Sep 15th, 2017
Passport Received - Sep 18th, 2017
Hey guys.. did my landing today at Sarnia. The officer wasn't the nicest one but everything went ok. The guy didn't ask for any document, only passports and CoPRs. He kept asking why I didn't do the process inland and why I haven't gone to Niagara, and asking who sent me there. Told him that I called IRCC and they told me that it would take at least 3 weeks to make an appointment, and that Niagara was really busy so I prefer to go to Sarnia and spend a day at port Huron (USA). At the end everything went ok.

It took 10 or 15 minutes to conclude the whole process at the Canadian border. Was completely empty.

I realized now that my CoPR is not stamped, he only signed and dated it. Do others have stamp on CoPR?

Thanks you all.

Saasho

Sep 12, 2017
Hey guys.. did my landing today at Sarnia. The officer wasn't the nicest one but everything went ok. The guy didn't ask for any document, only passports and CoPRs. He kept asking why I didn't do the process inland and why I haven't gone to Niagara, and asking who sent me there. Told him that I called IRCC and they told me that it would take at least 3 weeks to make an appointment, and that Niagara was really busy so I prefer to go to Sarnia and spend a day at port Huron (USA). At the end everything went ok.

It took 10 or 15 minutes to conclude the whole process at the Canadian border. Was completely empty.

I realized now that my CoPR is not stamped, he only signed and dated it. Do others have stamp on CoPR?

Thanks you all.

NO Stamp on CoPR

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. Do you know if we can apply for SIN, OHIP and YMCA services before PR card arrive ?
I don't think SIN/OHIP have anything to do with he PR card. I already had them before I got my PR.

Saasho

Sep 12, 2017
Thanks. Do you know if we can apply for SIN, OHIP and YMCA services before PR card arrive ?
Yes....For SIN and OHIP you can use Confirmation of PR, not sure of YMCA but I'm pretty sure they'll be good with the COPR as well

PAuaePakTor

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Received my passport on 22 September. Thanks to all on this forum as was very helpful.
I am from Toronto and planning to do landing on Detroit Windsor tunnel tomorrow morning (Avoiding Niagara after all those horror stories). Hopefully it should go fine. Any experiences?

Reactions: Mpnppr

chawla.kanu

Apr 30, 2015
Does anyone have the idea how long they usually take to approve the application in account , because we called IRCC on thurs they said COPR has been printed.. But no update on account yet

We are worried as we have the flights back to home country on 5th oct..
Is there any way to ask them to do it urgently, we called IRCC but agent told they don’t have anything in their hands..!!
Is there any way we can ask them to send through Fedex instead of canada post to Toronto ??

PAuaePakTor

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Does anyone have the idea how long they usually take to approve the application in account , because we called IRCC on thurs they said COPR has been printed.. But no update on account yet

We are worried as we have the flights back to home country on 5th oct..
Is there any way to ask them to do it urgently, we called IRCC but agent told they don’t have anything in their hands..!!
Is there any way we can ask them to send through Fedex instead of canada post to Toronto ??
Are you visa exempt, if not and you sent your passport also for landing visa, then application gets approved when they put visa on passport. COPR is usually printed earlier than passport.
It should not take more than a day or two. Keep on checking the mycic account and canadapost return label.
Canada Post takes about 2 working days to activate tracker and then the delivery is next day for region and 2 to 3 days country wide

chawla.kanu

Apr 30, 2015
Are you visa exempt, if not and you sent your passport also for landing visa, then application gets approved when they put visa on passport. COPR is usually printed earlier than passport.
It should not take more than a day or two. Keep on checking the mycic account and canadapost return label.
Canada Post takes about 2 working days to activate tracker and then the delivery is next day for region and 2 to 3 days country wide
Thanks for your reply..!!
Is there any way to ask them to expedite the process..!! We have send passports for stanping as well
Also can we save that 2 days which Canada post take to activate the tracker because I have read somewhere that we ask them to send through Fedex but not sure whom to ask and how they will charge me..!!
If they go with their normal speed then they will take around 5 working days after approval though :(
And we have only 8 working days to our flight