+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overstay in uk applying for express entry

Indulgemee

Mar 1, 2019
Hi everyone

I just need to confirm this before applying for express entry program.
I was in uk 3 years ago on student visa and when I submit my application for visa renewel it got rejected and I overstayed in uk 3 for 1 year and 9 months.
Now I calculated my points for canadian express entry and I am getting crs score of 480 which I believe a good score to enter in the pool.
My question is that will uk visa overstay have any impact on my application.
I already received my uk PCC with no trace on it.
Should I go ahead with the express entry? Whats your recommendation?

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone

I just need to confirm this before applying for express entry program.
I was in uk 3 years ago on student visa and when I submit my application for visa renewel it got rejected and I overstayed in uk 3 for 1 year and 9 months.
Now I calculated my points for canadian express entry and I am getting crs score of 480 which I believe a good score to enter in the pool.
My question is that will uk visa overstay have any impact on my application.
I already received my uk PCC with no trace on it.
Should I go ahead with the express entry? Whats your recommendation?

Thank you
Applying for Express Entry won't be an issue at all provided you are 100% honest about your immigration history in your application.

If you try to cover anything up, it will be discovered during background & security checks, your application will be refused for misrepresentation and you'll most likely be banned from Canada for 5 years.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Your overstay has no bearing on your EE application - you have to be honest and provide a letter of explanation regarding this. I was in a similar situation and was honest about it....I had no issues. With 480 score, you will definitely get ITA at the next draw. All the best!

*Mandie*

Indulgemee

Mar 1, 2019
Applying for Express Entry won't be an issue at all provided you are 100% honest about your immigration history in your application.

If you try to cover anything up, it will be discovered during background & security checks, your application will be refused for misrepresentation and you'll most likely be banned from Canada for 5 years.
Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes I am going to provide 100% correct information.
Only thing is that when my visa got rejected I appeal against it and then appeal also got refused. I am not really sure with the exact date of appeal refusal. So if I dont put the exact date in explanation letter, will that be an issue?
As its been so many years and I dont know the exact dates.

Indulgemee

Mar 1, 2019
Your overstay has no bearing on your EE application - you have to be honest and provide a letter of explanation regarding this. I was in a similar situation and was honest about it....I had no issues. With 480 score, you will definitely get ITA at the next draw. All the best!

*Mandie*
Thank you so much for your reply sir.
I will proceed with the application then :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes I am going to provide 100% correct information.
Only thing is that when my visa got rejected I appeal against it and then appeal also got refused. I am not really sure with the exact date of appeal refusal. So if I dont put the exact date in explanation letter, will that be an issue?
As its been so many years and I dont know the exact dates.
Declare all of the refusals and get as close as you can on the dates. You can always include a letter of explanation to say that you aren't sure of the dates. Make sure you declare any other refusals you may have as well.

Indulgemee

Mar 1, 2019
Declare all of the refusals and get as close as you can on the dates. You can always include a letter of explanation to say that you aren't sure of the dates. Make sure you declare any other refusals you may have as well.
Got it.
Thank you sir

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Osh

Aug 4, 2021

*Mandie*
Hi my mother took me to the UK with her when I was 17 and then she applied for asylum the UK due to lack of safety in my home country, however our application got rejected. I overstayed by 2-3 month and left voluntarily and at this time I was 18 years. Will this affect my PR application to Canada?
Please advice on what information you provided them Thank you so much