+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Options on a closed work permit - unhappy and want to move

Em246

Apr 23, 2023
Ok thanks,

Do you know whether you need a job offer to go with express entry? Or can I apply on the basis of finding a job, and doing photography self-employed?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ok thanks,

Do you know whether you need a job offer to go with express entry? Or can I apply on the basis of finding a job, and doing photography self-employed?
No, you do not need a job offer to apply under Express Entry. Make sure you say "no" to the job offer question when you calculate your points since you are planning on leaving your employer and since your job is in Quebec. Use the following link to determine your points: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Em246

Apr 23, 2023
I just calculated the points, and it is 464 crs. I answered the language test question, even though I have not completed that yet. My first language Is English, so I shouldn't have a problem passing that exam. Where do I complete that?

I have a meeting booking with an immigration consultant this week, and wondered what kind of other questions I need to ask.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I just calculated the points, and it is 464 crs. I answered the language test question, even though I have not completed that yet. My first language Is English, so I shouldn't have a problem passing that exam. Where do I complete that?

I have a meeting booking with an immigration consultant this week, and wondered what kind of other questions I need to ask.
Take a test through an IELTS centre in Canada. Assume you have ECA for your education. ECA and IELTS are mandatory documents. Right now, your score is too low for Express Entry. You may want to increase and to do that would be a) learn French, b) get a Masters or PhD if you do not have one.

Em246

Apr 23, 2023
I don't understand how I had to separate scores on two different sites. I cannot complete a masters at this moment in time, and to learn French is not going to be easy either. I started, but my job right now is too demanding. :(

I need to look at another option, there must be a way. I just can't see myself living here for another 2 years to complete a citizenship.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't understand how I had to separate scores on two different sites. I cannot complete a masters at this moment in time, and to learn French is not going to be easy either. I started, but my job right now is too demanding. :(

I need to look at another option, there must be a way. I just can't see myself living here for another 2 years to complete a citizenship.
It has something to do with the way you answered the questions. You may have gotten extra points for having a job offer. However you really can't be claiming these points if you're planning on leaving your employer.

Always best to use the official IRCC web site.

Em246

Apr 23, 2023
The other option is I stay with my employer, move providence to ontario, and have the ability to have a second job after residency. Then I would be able to state that I had a job offer. Is that correct?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The other option is I stay with my employer, move providence to ontario, and have the ability to have a second job after residency. Then I would be able to state that I had a job offer. Is that correct?
You would need a LMIA with the second employer to count 50 points. Your current employer is in Quebec so need to look at Quebec immigration if using a job offer from Quebec. What does your ECA state?

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
It has something to do with the way you answered the questions. You may have gotten extra points for having a job offer. However you really can't be claiming these points if you're planning on leaving your employer.

Always best to use the official IRCC web site.
The best would be to ask your employer to help you in getting your job validated by MIFI which will eventually help you get CSQ without the need of French

CTB

Star Member
Apr 26, 2023
Long story short it is very very hard to get PR in Quebec without French, and open permits are only available for those who are waiting for their PR status update after obtaining a CSQ, some options are available for non French speakers such as partner sponsorship, or very high skilled workers.. but it can be complicated.

My advice is to either 1 stay in the province but find another job and go through the LMIA again.. Or 2 try find a work sponsor in another province where French is not a factor.. Basically anywhere else in Canada outside Quebec you have more options for PR.. Quebec is very nervous about immigration and fights hard to keep its population French speaking.