27-05-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2010
iAlberta,

I read other posts on this forum , about who got there visa stamped.

The interesting thing is that there status changed 30 days after ,they got passport back.

So I think ECAS is not accurate. :)

earth

Nov 20, 2009
arajesh5 said:
Guys,

First things first - My family and I landed as PRs today. Yes it was successful.
Congrats!! good to hear there were no further problems in your landing.

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Thank you Joseph ! :). Time for me to live in relief - and I seem to be all the more enthused to post more here.

josephdadreamer said:
Big Congrats to you arajesh5!!!! :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;)

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
arajesh5 said:
Guys,

First things first - My family and I landed as PRs today. Yes it was successful.

Now, the story - nothing big.

1. One person in this forum helped me with an address in Alberta. I must thank him profusely for it. The address alongwith very useful thoughts from AlbertaOrburst, Manny, AlbertaATJ and Avalap helped me tons.
2. I went to the counter at 11 AM. There was nobody waiting in line. I went straight to the immigration line. A lady officer called me. I went to her and did not let her talk. I said I went there a day ago and that the officer was not convinced with a Manitoba address. Told her I have an Alberta address and am back to complete my landing formalities. She said -- "Thats great". Give me the COPRs. I did. She asked me "Oh provincial nominee". I said Yes. She asked me "When do you intend to move to Canada". I said "In a couple of months when I wrap up job n such." . She asked me to take a seat, called me in 10 minutes and asked me to sign the COPRs.

... Do you notice I used some of your advice here ? lol - even the words in a few places.

Lessons to be learnt:

1. Talk convincingly. It is NOT automatic that your PR is granted at the landing post. Note: I can talk superb. If I cudnt play this game well - that means this task needs preparation. Do you homework - Plan to talk convincingly about how soon you plan to move to Alberta.
2. Have an address in Alberta. The fact that an address in Alberta is not necessary is not completely correct. I did take this part light and it bit me. and Oh - Know what .. I had to stay 2 days nights in the US - all hotels in Niagara Falls and Buffalo were $199 minimum - and thats for very ordinary - no-iron-box-Knights Inn (not an Hampton Inn or Embassy Suites)

and about Canada - I wouldnt relate this to Canada being unwelcoming as a few people tend to think. I think the officer who declined to let me land was doing his work - Check abuse - Check to see if PNPs intend to serve the actual purpose of PNP immigration.

about Service Canada - went at lunch time -so had a good 1 hour wait.

and to the forum - I have seriously not found such a nice bunch before. Kudos guys.

and to myself - A big lesson in life - about ill planning.

Thank you so much .. Srini_72 :) , AlbertaOrbust, Xprime, Josephdadreamer, Avalap, Manny and AlbertaATJ.
arajesh5,

Thanks a lot for updating this forum so quickly. All New members and members (including me) who have already done their medical and just waiting for PPR really appreciate as it helps us to plan accordingly.

Thanks

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
arajesh5 said:
Guys,

Now, the story - nothing big.

1. One person in this forum helped me with an address in Alberta. I must thank him profusely for it. The address alongwith very useful thoughts from AlbertaOrburst, Manny, AlbertaATJ and Avalap helped me tons.
2. I went to the counter at 11 AM. There was nobody waiting in line. I went straight to the immigration line. A lady officer called me. I went to her and did not let her talk. I said I went there a day ago and that the officer was not convinced with a Manitoba address. Told her I have an Alberta address and am back to complete my landing formalities. She said -- "Thats great". Give me the COPRs. I did. She asked me "Oh provincial nominee". I said Yes. She asked me "When do you intend to move to Canada". I said "In a couple of months when I wrap up job n such." . She asked me to take a seat, called me in 10 minutes and asked me to sign the COPRs.

... Do you notice I used some of your advice here ? lol - even the words in a few places.

Lessons to be learnt:

1. Talk convincingly. It is NOT automatic that your PR is granted at the landing post. Note: I can talk superb. If I cudnt play this game well - that means this task needs preparation. Do you homework - Plan to talk convincingly about how soon you plan to move to Alberta.
2. Have an address in Alberta. The fact that an address in Alberta is not necessary is not completely correct. I did take this part light and it bit me. and Oh - Know what .. I had to stay 2 days nights in the US - all hotels in Niagara Falls and Buffalo were $199 minimum - and thats for very ordinary - no-iron-box-Knights Inn (not an Hampton Inn or Embassy Suites)

and about Canada - I wouldnt relate this to Canada being unwelcoming as a few people tend to think. I think the officer who declined to let me land was doing his work - Check abuse - Check to see if PNPs intend to serve the actual purpose of PNP immigration.

about Service Canada - went at lunch time -so had a good 1 hour wait.

and to the forum - I have seriously not found such a nice bunch before. Kudos guys.

and to myself - A big lesson in life - about ill planning.

Thank you so much .. Srini_72 :) , AlbertaOrbust, Xprime, Josephdadreamer, Avalap, Manny and AlbertaATJ.

Hey Arajesh,

Hearty Congratulations!!!!
Am so Happy to see your message and learn the good news of your PR Landing. Congrats once again.

Thanks to all the forum members whose enthusiastically helped you with needed information and thanks to you for sharing your experiences.

GOOD LUCK !!

Folks - Just a thought. Though this thread and forum serves as a treasure of information for the PR process, yet I am wondering if we can we have a online community (say orkut community) for AINP folks so that we create a network with a directory(Address, Contact info, occupation) and be of help to each other before and after landing in Canada.

This thought occured me to based on the help rendered by Srini_72 to ARajesh (with an Alberta Address.) Frankly speaking, I know no one in Alberta and I would have to depend on you folks (landed PR's) for help at a later stage. Am sure there are many like Srini_75 Who wish to volunteer.

It's just a thought. Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Alright Guys,

I have been silent for the past few months. I got some news yesterday ..thought of sharing..

I received my AOR and Medical Request - Looking for an appointment with a designated medical practioner for that next step.

For those waiting for AOR and Medical Request - Here is my timeline:

NOC: 2171
PreAssessment to AINP: 12/22/2008
Invitation to Apply to AINP: 02/04/2009
Nomination from AINP: 11/07/2009
FBI and PCC stuff complete: 02/16/2010
Applied to CIC: 03/02/2010
AOR and Medical Request: 07/05/2010

It took approximately 4 months to get AOR and Medical request.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi GYWS after long silence i am back here to give my update.

I faxed CIC with TORONTO address to send my PR cards. I got PR cards yesterday on Toronto address.

So this is it.........

I

insideofrightnow

Avalap said:
Folks - Just a thought. Though this thread and forum serves as a treasure of information for the PR process, yet I am wondering if we can we have a online community (say orkut community) for AINP folks so that we create a network with a directory(Address, Contact info, occupation) and be of help to each other before and after landing in Canada.
Well, there is an online community JUST for that reason (www.loonlounge.com), made by the same law firm that hosts this forum :)
I signed up for it a year ago, but I didn't find any "action" really.... people hardly got on it.... any thoughts on it guys?

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Hi

Is there any time period for applying for PR card after landing...i completed my landing 2 months back,,,but at that time i did not given them Candian address..I said i will update them once i get job in canada...But i worried thinking that i need to apply for PR card ,otherwise my PR status may fall in jeopardy...

Please advice me..

Thanks

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Hey Satyac - Please get in touch with Despoimmigrant. He should have an idea regarding this. I know he filled out a form and mailed it to CIC in Canada. See if you can do that.

satyac said:
Hi

Is there any time period for applying for PR card after landing...i completed my landing 2 months back,,,but at that time i did not given them Candian address..I said i will update them once i get job in canada...But i worried thinking that i need to apply for PR card ,otherwise my PR status may fall in jeopardy...

Please advice me..

Thanks

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
arajesh5 said:
Hey Satyac - Please get in touch with Despoimmigrant. He should have an idea regarding this. I know he filled out a form and mailed it to CIC in Canada. See if you can do that.
Thanks arajesh,,,,I was guessing that if i dont apply for PR card with some time period say 6 months ,my PR status fall in jeopardy...Is it true..

Please any one reply me...
Thanks