22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
GirlOntario said:
I agree with Abumalik that means they passed the deadline of 20 weeks? Did they not send you AOR within 20 weeks on application reciept.
Guess what..they are smart enough to defend the delays in AOR if you ask reason they must have said that 20 weeks from process start date not the physical reciept date. And if you would argue further then they will show you that ecase status that "We will start processing your application after 50 years from the reciept of application please allow your grandson to get your PR Visa after 30 years of your death"

Oh gosh this CIC really plays with people's patience!
cchabert's case was a little different (if I remember correctly). His FSW application was in process, and when his AINP nomination was approved, he switched to PNP by withdrawing FSW application. Is it correct, cchabert? (BTW when did you submit your nomination letter to CIC? Our timeline spreadsheet says "May 2009.")

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jasper said:
cchabert's case was a little different (if I remember correctly). His FSW application was in process, and when his AINP nomination was approved, he switched to PNP by withdrawing FSW application. Is it correct, cchabert? (BTW when did you submit your nomination letter to CIC? Our timeline spreadsheet says "May 2009.")
Still looking for Nomination from AINP. More frustrated and helpless. There is no way so you can push these officials whether AINP or CIC.

xprsurslf

Mar 19, 2009
Hello there,

I am in Calgary at the moment. Somewhat reminds of Oklahoma in terms of landscape. So here my story. I took my passport to Buffalo office and they stamped the PR visa in 1 hr (can you believe that). The next day I was in Calgary. Had all my stuff packed aready and so far so good. Got the SIN number but for Alberta health card they ask you to show some sort of utility bill or bank statement. The bank statements from what I have heard are quite different then in US. Inorder to open a bank account you need to set up an appointment with the bank :eek: :eek: so forget about walking in and getting your things done same day. I am opting with CIBC because other banks have a longer wait time for appointments. Other then that there seem to be endless formalities which need to be done in person unlike US. I guess I will get used to it eventually. I also had the pleasure of driving to Edmonton yesterday from Calgary. I was lot colder than Calgary but the West edmonton mall seemed to be the most happening place. The roads are nice but it seems like traffic rules are somewhat stricter then in US. More cameras and zero tolerance for speed limits. Winter driving conditions are poor as well. Make sure to check AMA road report if you decide to go out of down during winters. I have been watching weather channel constantly ever since I came here. Also, the prices are somewhat high. I found things to be more expensive as compared to NYC or LA but maybe thats just me. For drivers license please make sure to get your driving record history from US. I have heard its helpful and it would also be nice to get your driving insurance record from your auto insurance company. I haven't done that but I will do it soon.

One final thing is to please make sure your landing papers have all your information mentioned correctly. I had some issues in my name. Although it was spelled correctly but when I went to get sin number they told me about it. I would have to go through registeries to correct that error... More paperwork formalities. Welcome to Canada folks and good luck!! :D

xprsurslf

Mar 19, 2009
nix1 said:
If anybody is curious and interested, I received my PR cards today. They are finally in my hand. They are so beautiful. I will try to post an image of it (with personal information deleted) soon on my blog.
Hello Nix,

What did you have to do to get your Health cards. The ppl over there told me to show residency proof in Alberta some sort of bank statment and utility bill. Please tell me what you did in that regards. Also, how long did it take to get your PR cards. They said 6 weeks but its a long time..

Thanks

shyli

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Newyork
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/15/2009
Nomination.....
07/30/2009
File Transfer...
08/18/2009
Med's Done....
09/16/2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
12/17/2009
VISA ISSUED...
1/4/2010
LANDED..........
5/31/2010
Hello Satyac,

After lot of research I found out that this is not a legitimate way to get your PR card.
You must have your own address in Canada to get PR.
However, I can see from this forum that lot of ppl are getting their PR at their friend's address which is not legal either.

satyac said:
Hi Shyli..

DO you think it willl work out for us,do you got any updates on it.....Even im also looking options like this,,,,

thanks

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
shyli said:
Hello Satyac,

After lot of research I found out that this is not a legitimate way to get your PR card.
You must have your own address in Canada to get PR.
However, I can see from this forum that lot of ppl are getting their PR at their friend's address which is not legal either.
Hi Shyli

Thanks for reply...
So in that case...what are options...are there any ways to do it legitimatily....
If possible can you please able to share your plans on this please.....

Thanks

indium-sulfide-2

Star Member
Apr 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Dear Xp
What other records shoud we bring to canada?
Auto insurance record for driver license?
education record for job searching?
health history record for SIN?
credit history record for credit card?
financial history for bank account?

Are they all must or just optional?

magiqhand

Oct 7, 2008
xprsurslf said:
Hello Nix,

What did you have to do to get your Health cards. The ppl over there told me to show residency proof in Alberta some sort of bank statment and utility bill. Please tell me what you did in that regards. Also, how long did it take to get your PR cards. They said 6 weeks but its a long time..

Thanks
To show proof of residence in alberta you have to open a bank account. In some of the banks they can give you an appointment the same day. After you have opened the account you can use those documents to obtain your apply for your health card. Good luck

magiqhand

Oct 7, 2008
indium-sulfide-2 said:
Hi Dear Xp
What other records shoud we bring to canada?
Auto insurance record for driver license?
education record for job searching?
health history record for SIN?
credit history record for credit card?
financial history for bank account?

Are they all must or just optional?
Don't forget your driver license from the USA. You will have to give it up to get the alberta driver license. Also you need your driving record. I believe there is two different kind. You need the one that shows how long you have had the driver license, if you have received any tickets.

shyli

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Newyork
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/15/2009
Nomination.....
07/30/2009
File Transfer...
08/18/2009
Med's Done....
09/16/2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
12/17/2009
VISA ISSUED...
1/4/2010
LANDED..........
5/31/2010
Hi Stayac,

My PR Visa is valid till Aug '10. I'm planning to get into Alberta by Jun this year and I'll have a permanent address there before landing.

I do not really see any valid options without actually getting yourself into CA.

satyac said:
Hi Shyli

Thanks for reply...
So in that case...what are options...are there any ways to do it legitimatily....
If possible can you please able to share your plans on this please.....

Thanks

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xprsurslf said:
Hello Nix,

Thanks
As MagiqHand said above, I was able to get the same day appointment in a RBC branch that was very close to the place where you apply for health cards. I had to wait about 15 minutes for the appointment. It is located in Memorial Drive Branch South East Calgary. I opened an account and came out of the office and deposit my money and asked the teller to print a statement with my name and address showing and took it to the health card office.

We landed on Nov 15 and PR cards for my wife and kids arrived in our address in Calgary on Dec 14th and for me it arrived on Dec 21st.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shyli said:
Hi Stayac,

My PR Visa is valid till Aug '10. I'm planning to get into Alberta by Jun this year and I'll have a permanent address there before landing.

I do not really see any valid options without actually getting yourself into CA.
As far as I know, you can use any address as long as it is not a PO Box. I have never heard this being illegal (not that I know much about the Canadian and CIC laws and rules). I know a few British people who have used the UPS and other mail forwarding services for their PR cards (from another forum). I used my friend's relatives address and I am not sure if that was illegal. Even if it was, there is nothing I can do now. If they have asked me detail about the address and if I was moving permanently, then I would have said the truth about the address being friend's and also that I was there for a week. I was lucky that I was not asked those questions and was only asked for an address to mail PR cards.

The CIC has given its PRs an option to live outside the country for 3 years and they cannot expect somebody to move and have a permanent address just for PR cards. It's just my view and please do what you think is right for you. Good luck.

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xprsurslf said:
Hello there,

I am in Calgary at the moment. Somewhat reminds of Oklahoma in terms of landscape. So here my story. I took my passport to Buffalo office and they stamped the PR visa in 1 hr (can you believe that). The next day I was in Calgary. Had all my stuff packed aready and so far so good. Got the SIN number but for Alberta health card they ask you to show some sort of utility bill or bank statement. The bank statements from what I have heard are quite different then in US. Inorder to open a bank account you need to set up an appointment with the bank :eek: :eek: so forget about walking in and getting your things done same day. I am opting with CIBC because other banks have a longer wait time for appointments. Other then that there seem to be endless formalities which need to be done in person unlike US. I guess I will get used to it eventually. I also had the pleasure of driving to Edmonton yesterday from Calgary. I was lot colder than Calgary but the West edmonton mall seemed to be the most happening place. The roads are nice but it seems like traffic rules are somewhat stricter then in US. More cameras and zero tolerance for speed limits. Winter driving conditions are poor as well. Make sure to check AMA road report if you decide to go out of down during winters. I have been watching weather channel constantly ever since I came here. Also, the prices are somewhat high. I found things to be more expensive as compared to NYC or LA but maybe thats just me. For drivers license please make sure to get your driving record history from US. I have heard its helpful and it would also be nice to get your driving insurance record from your auto insurance company. I haven't done that but I will do it soon.

One final thing is to please make sure your landing papers have all your information mentioned correctly. I had some issues in my name. Although it was spelled correctly but when I went to get sin number they told me about it. I would have to go through registeries to correct that error... More paperwork formalities. Welcome to Canada folks and good luck!! :D
Thanks for briefings. Great Calgary Experience! Here just wait wait wait...wait. Then wait for Nomination....Wait for AOR....Wait for NYC transfer.....Wait for PPR

goingtoalberta

Jul 14, 2009
Hello

I have a Police Clarence Certificate from local police station in India.Do I need to get another one from Indian embassy ??
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

C

cchabert

Jasper said:
Jasper you have a good memory, you're correct :)