+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nix1 said:
Thansk Mouli!
I have heard people providing addresses in Toronto and other places even though they went through the AINP. You need to search that in Trackitt or may be even in this forum. When I entered Canada, the lady who did my paper work asked this: Do you have an address to mail the PR cards? I said yes maa'm! Then she asked, what is it? I said, sorry! I can't remember, but I have written it on a paper. I pulled the paper out of my bag and handed it to her. She copied the address and gave the paper back. No more questions were asked regarding the address. She did not ask specific address in Alberta. She just ask address.
Thanks Nix,

It was very helpful...You guys have helped us a lot and I have saved your blog for my quick reference as one of my favourites :). Thanks again...

Mouli

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Still in US and planning to do my landing in February... ;D No job yet and still looking for it... tough task :)... IT seems to be good in Alberta ... at least I see jobs posted every single day but for some reason companies don't like to interview people living in US... :-[

BTW Happy New Year to you and everybody !!!!

nix1 said:
Thanks ingegarcia! Good to have you around. We received our PR cards via mail. They were mailed at my friend's address in Calgary. I have removed the doc that had some misleading info regarding PR card. The "pick up in person" rule is for those who apply for renew after 5 years OR those who lose their PR card and need new ones.

Are you still looking for job in Alberta? Any offer? What do you think about the job market in Alberta in IT field?

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nix1 said:
Thansk Mouli!
I have heard people providing addresses in Toronto and other places even though they went through the AINP. You need to search that in Trackitt or may be even in this forum. When I entered Canada, the lady who did my paper work asked this: Do you have an address to mail the PR cards? I said yes maa'm! Then she asked, what is it? I said, sorry! I can't remember, but I have written it on a paper. I pulled the paper out of my bag and handed it to her. She copied the address and gave the paper back. No more questions were asked regarding the address. She did not ask specific address in Alberta. She just ask address.
I don't see anybody getting AOR/Medicals for a while. Is that timeline has changed? people were getting AOR/medicals on average after 2 months 15 days after sending application to CIC buffalo.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ chintu,
Hope you feel better dude. thank you for your wishes. You have a great new year too. I did not get PPR yet. was hopping though but as i always says in this forum that Immigration is nothing but pure luck. Looks like you and me are not that lucky yet........... wish you a very happy new year..........

@ girlontario,
very good catch girl. it appears to be slow down in process both way 1.AINP nomination has slowed down. 2. CIC process also has been slowed down. seems like lots of people are taking advantage of AINP process caused delayed.

@ myself,
dont be frustrated despo........... As CCH always said in this forum "Patience is Virtue" ( hope i spelled it correctly )

@ everyone,
Happy New Year !! I wish you all very best of luck for 2010 and hope your immigration dream come true in year 2010. Good Luck

C

cchabert

To Despo:
You spelled right :)

To All:
Happy 2010!!! I hope that everyone have a way better year that this 2009, See ya'll (my southern accent) at the other side.

...Houston to eagle capsule..we start the countdown for launch in ..3...2...1..check! 6 days 164 hours and counting ...we reach the point of no return...all stations start your sequence:

- Canceling Utilities:
Gas...check!
Electricity...Check!
Water....Check!
DirectTV...Check!
Internet....Not Yet control center until Monday
Cellphone.....This was paid by the company and the boss don't want to cut it yet.

- Remaining items that didn't sale.....Donate to Goodwill and Salvation Army....Check!
- Inventory of things to follow (Form B4a)...check!
- Things to follow on container....Not yet control center until Sunday (upak.com)
- Documentation for each member of the family that apply:
Recommendation letters...check!
School Diplomas and grades....check!
Medical records and vaccinations.....check!
Birth certificates and marriage license...check!
- Bank Statement to proof funds...check! (I talk to my bank http://www.rbcbankusa.com/ and they told me that when I open the account in Canada and they ask for the money I just gave them my Bank account in the USA and they'll fund the new account with that, that simple, so I don;t need to carry travelers checks, cashier checks, etc.)

...Houston to eagle capsule...over for now...

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
shyli said:
I do not have any canadian address for reciving my PR Card.
Is it legal to use rental mailing address to recieve SIN & PR Card like http://www.mailnetwork.com/index.html

Can anyone provide any input on this.
Hi Shyli..

DO you think it willl work out for us,do you got any updates on it.....Even im also looking options like this,,,,

thanks

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Nix got a question for you.

Which bank did you open an account in Alberta? I found most of the bank charges monthly service fee and other fees as well. Did you happen to come across any bank which offers free checking account like we do in US.

i dont like to pay fees to bank to use my own money and that too with some restrications. I will also try to find if such bank exists in Alberta or not. if i find something i will post more info here.

thanks nix in advance..

C

cchabert

despoimmigrant said:

Which bank did you open an account in Alberta? I found most of the bank charges monthly service fee and other fees as well. Did you happen to come across any bank which offers free checking account like we do in US.

i dont like to pay fees to bank to use my own money and that too with some restrications. I will also try to find if such bank exists in Alberta or not. if i find something i will post more info here.

thanks nix in advance..
The guy from my bank, RBC mention that in Canada is pretty much no such thing as free checking.

AbuMalik

Star Member
Dec 11, 2008
Hello CCH,

From your timeline, I see that it took close to 6 months to get your AOR after receiving your nomination.

May I ask you when did you actually file for CIC ?

cchabert said:
The guy from my bank, RBC mention that in Canada is pretty much no such thing as free checking.

C

cchabert

AbuMalik said:
Hello CCH,

From your timeline, I see that it took close to 6 months to get your AOR after receiving your nomination.

Good Day! I sent my papers to CIC about 4 days after I received the nomination

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
despoimmigrant said:

thanks nix in advance..
I opened an account with Royal Bank of Canada (RBC). It is NOT free. I think I need to pay $4 or $4.50 per month as service fees. They have some branches in the US too. Mostly in the Southern belt and I think CCH has account with them in GA.

Flames

Feb 16, 2009
nix1 said:
I opened an account with Royal Bank of Canada (RBC). It is NOT free. I think I need to pay $4 or $4.50 per month as service fees. They have some branches in the US too. Mostly in the Southern belt and I think CCH has account with them in GA.

I stayed in canada before.. Yes, they charge monthly fee but it is free in TD bank (I guess in RBC, CIBC also) if you maintain atleast 1000$ in account all the time. Just check with the bank about this.

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flames said:
I stayed in canada before.. Yes, they charge monthly fee but it is free in TD bank (I guess in RBC, CIBC also) if you maintain atleast 1000$ in account all the time. Just check with the bank about this.
Another comparison of Canada versus United States life. People keep claiming that Canada has higher taxes, higher homelessness and poverty which sometimes scare me but as an insurance of existing H1B life in US, it seems appropriate and wise to have an option. check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44bJBpJsgvM

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AbuMalik said:
Hello CCH,

I agree with Abumalik that means they passed the deadline of 20 weeks? Did they not send you AOR within 20 weeks on application reciept.
Guess what..they are smart enough to defend the delays in AOR if you ask reason they must have said that 20 weeks from process start date not the physical reciept date. And if you would argue further then they will show you that ecase status that "We will start processing your application after 50 years from the reciept of application please allow your grandson to get your PR Visa after 30 years of your death"

Oh gosh this CIC really plays with people's patience!

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what to provide for Checklist No.2, IDENTITY AND CIVIL STATUS DOCUMENTS?

It's asking for bith certificate, right? what do we provide for this one?

thanks

Hchalz