+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

Rocking vibes

Oct 29, 2008
My $0.02, since I benefited a lot from this forum..

I landed last week and it was the smoothest of the landings I have ever read.......keeping in mind the kind off complex visa situation.....I have an expired F1 on my passport with no H1B stamp at all.

I rented a car from Detroit Airport....($28 from Priceline), drove thru the Windsor tunnel, BTW I had all my docs as a backup and luggage to survive a month Just in case if I had to go for stamping in Toronto or back in my home country. OK, after crossing the moist tunnel(it runs under the Detroit river), I was stopped by the security gaurd on the Canadian side and I explained him that I was here for the landing process. He had a quick look at my passport and directed me towards the Immigration building. I was the only one in the line and the officer was very friendly and completed my paperwork, asked about how much money I was bringing in, and then told me that I don't have to fill up the form since I was not over $10000 limit(I had the form filled up already). I then gave him the goods to follow list and then he told me that my PR cards will be mailed to the Canadian address I gave him.....That's it. I asked him about the SIN office and he gave me the directions for it. After applying the SIN, I drove back thru the tunnel and the gave my passports to the US immigration officer, I told him that I was in Canada for landing and was returning back to the US, he said ok and then asked me to drive further...................I was like, should I drive to the immigration office, to get my I-94's in the passport. He said, it was no point for me to wait for 45 mins for an immigration officer to tear the bottom half of the I-797 and stick it in the passport, he asked me to do it myself. I was like WOW.....that was easy and very unlike other experiences I read...where ppl had to show AVR documentation to educated the officers and then get grilled regarding work status........I guess I just got lucky to run into a kewl officer, God bless him...................So the next step for me is to wait for my PR cards.

All the best to everyone else.....

And I also busted the myth that AINP guys cannot land elsewhere in Canada apart from Alberta, although my intentions are to settle down in Calgary once my company approves the transfer.

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Congrats Vibes,
man it sounds like it went real quick!!
Now kick back and enjoy a kewl beer!

btw, what is SIN office?
Did you have to go to the US consulate to get your h1/f1 stamped to enter back into the country?

Rocking vibes said:

I landed last week and it was the smoothest of the landings I have ever read.......keeping in mind the kind off complex visa situation.....I have an expired F1 on my passport with no H1B stamp at all.

I rented a car from Detroit Airport....($28 from Priceline), drove thru the Windsor tunnel, BTW I had all my docs as a backup and luggage to survive a month Just in case if I had to go for stamping in Toronto or back in my home country. OK, after crossing the moist tunnel(it runs under the Detroit river), I was stopped by the security gaurd on the Canadian side and I explained him that I was here for the landing process. He had a quick look at my passport and directed me towards the Immigration building. I was the only one in the line and the officer was very friendly and completed my paperwork, asked about how much money I was bringing in, and then told me that I don't have to fill up the form since I was not over $10000 limit(I had the form filled up already). I then gave him the goods to follow list and then he told me that my PR cards will be mailed to the Canadian address I gave him.....That's it. I asked him about the SIN office and he gave me the directions for it. After applying the SIN, I drove back thru the tunnel and the gave my passports to the US immigration officer, I told him that I was in Canada for landing and was returning back to the US, he said ok and then asked me to drive further...................I was like, should I drive to the immigration office, to get my I-94's in the passport. He said, it was no point for me to wait for 45 mins for an immigration officer to tear the bottom half of the I-797 and stick it in the passport, he asked me to do it myself. I was like WOW.....that was easy and very unlike other experiences I read...where ppl had to show AVR documentation to educated the officers and then get grilled regarding work status........I guess I just got lucky to run into a kewl officer, God bless him...................So the next step for me is to wait for my PR cards.

And I also busted the myth that AINP guys cannot land elsewhere in Canada apart from Alberta, although my intentions are to settle down in Calgary once my company approves the transfer.

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Guys/Gals,

Can anyone tell me if your wifes or simply put females had to do a PEP SMEAR test during the medicals?
I read somewhere that you can also provide evidence from your old doctor to indicate its fine.

K

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you give Toronto address or Alberata address for your PR card mailed. I did not know you can apply for SIN at port of entry......... but if this is true than very usefull info.

Rockign Vibes i am just like your situation. F1 Expired visa, and H1b Never got stamped. SO your Automatic Visa Validation was pretty smoooooooooooooooooth. i am hoping the same.......

thanx for sharing your experience. I have saved that in Notepad:)

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karl said:
Guys/Gals,

Can anyone tell me if your wifes or simply put females had to do a PEP SMEAR test during the medicals?
I read somewhere that you can also provide evidence from your old doctor to indicate its fine.

K
what is PEP SMEAR never heard of it. I recently had medical done and not to forget i do have wife :)

ZAD

Jun 24, 2009
despoimmigrant said:
karl said:
Guys/Gals,

K
what is PEP SMEAR never heard of it. I recently had medical done and not to forget i do have wife :)
Hi Despo

If you have a wife then go ask her what it is , she will tell you :)

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PAP SMEAR was not needed for my wife either. Doctor and nurse never mentioned it and they never asked anything related to that. I think it is needed for a female who is over 35 years old. But I am not certain about the age. Mostly likely your wife do not need it, but your doctor may require it based on her medical history. If you have a test that was done within 6 months, I think they will accept it, so no need to pay an extra. At the end, everything depends on what your doctor wants and does.

For Despo, here is the link for it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pap_test

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rocking vibes,

Thanks for posting your experience. It was very informative. Glad to know that it went well.

I would have to do the same thing as you did, but I will go to Alberta as the Province of Alberta is the closest province from where I live (If I receive my PPR). I also have expired F-1 and never got H1B stamp. But I also have Advance Parole (travel document) from the USCIS, so I may not have a problem coming back into the US.

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
There seem to be no new passport requests of late. Not many of us are left I think(probably half a dozen on this forum who have had their case transferred to a local consulate), since we must consider that no one got a new nomination since April or May. nix1 is probably next in line I guess, hope it comes soon.

My only fear is my H1B extension in December, large IT company, direct vendor so I think I should be okay, but still.........

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
Congrats Rocking !!!!

and thanks for sharing.... glad to hear it went smooth... you forgot to stop by Renaisance Center
(close to where I work) we could have celebrated :)

Yes, indeed Alberta landing myth is busted... just to add my 2 cent I have spoken to Alberta
several times and they have CATEGORICALLY stated that you are CANADIAN PR NOT ALBERTA PR
hence you have alrights that a Candian PR has ... so you are free to land and live anywhere in Canada

Btw, you are really rockinn maan !

Rocking vibes said:

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Venky. I hope I am going to be the next one to receive the PPR. But I am having hard time understanding what is that stopping them from sending me the PPR. I searched and there are a lot of forums talk about this and every single person has said that once "medical results have been received" message appears on aCAS, the PPR comes within a week or two. But mine is more than a month already and no sign. I even e-mailed them, but no response.

Rocking vibes

Oct 29, 2008
No Kidding, I work in Tower 200, We should meet up sometime at potbelly's or the food court.

ainpdude said:
Congrats Rocking !!!!

and thanks for sharing.... glad to hear it went smooth... you forgot to stop by Renaisance Center

Yes, indeed Alberta landing myth is busted... just to add my 2 cent I have spoken to Alberta
several times and they have CATEGORICALLY stated that you are CANADIAN PR NOT ALBERTA PR
hence you have alrights that a Candian PR has ... so you are free to land and live anywhere in Canada

Rocking vibes said:

Rocking vibes

Oct 29, 2008
I gave a Toronto address for my PR cards..

despoimmigrant said:
Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you give Toronto address or Alberata address for your PR card mailed. I did not know you can apply for SIN at port of entry......... but if this is true than very usefull info.

Rockign Vibes i am just like your situation. F1 Expired visa, and H1b Never got stamped. SO your Automatic Visa Validation was pretty smoooooooooooooooooth. i am hoping the same.......

thanx for sharing your experience. I have saved that in Notepad:)

Rocking vibes

Oct 29, 2008
SIN Office = HRDC office....to apply for you Canadian Social Security No. You don't need H1B stamping to return to the US if you have maintained a valid status, and return within 30 days. Google AVR for more details.

karl said:
Congrats Vibes,
man it sounds like it went real quick!!
Now kick back and enjoy a kewl beer!

btw, what is SIN office?
Did you have to go to the US consulate to get your h1/f1 stamped to enter back into the country?

Rocking vibes said:

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
hey rocking....

u serious... we can meet this afternoon at potbellys (or may be next week) .... I work right next Martius park
its a 5 minute walk ... let me know

Rocking vibes said:
No Kidding, I work in Tower 200, We should meet up sometime at potbelly's or the food court.

ainpdude said:
Congrats Rocking !!!!

Rocking vibes said: