lauraDz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
lauraDz I have another question, if I may. Were you nearing the expiry of your WP/Visa? I'm asking this to clarify if OINP is issuing nominations to November applicants whose visas/WPs might be expiring soon.

Hi! No, I was not nearing the expiry of my visa. Anyway, a nomination would not change anything. It does not give the right to stay in Canada..There might be an option to apply for a bridging work permit.
I think processing time really depends on the officer your application was assigned to.

Stacey_K

Nov 18, 2015
Hi Laura, could you please tell us your Application #? It should be something like
NMAS-160XXYY
I'm interested in XX part, as it may indicate OINP progress on Master/Overall streams...

natdn

May 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2017
Nomination.....
25-07-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
lauraDz said:
Hi! No, I was not nearing the expiry of my visa. Anyway, a nomination would not change anything. It does not give the right to stay in Canada..There might be an option to apply for a bridging work permit.
I think processing time really depends on the officer your application was assigned to.
Laura, I told the same information ... He started Correcting my answers like a school teacher .... :p

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
natdn said:
Laura, I told the same information ... He started Correcting my answers like a school teacher .... :p
Yes, if correcting the wrong information provided by you makes me a school teacher, I am a school teacher. I have provided you with the links and quoted the content from the official OINP website and yet you have the courage to mock at me (even after you provided wrong statements). Please get your facts right before posting - would make the forum a much better place. Mockery is not appreciated. Peace!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
lauraDz said:
Well, a nomination would almost guarantee you an ITA within a period of 2 weeks. Once the e-APR is submitted and the "R10" is set to "Passed", the applicant is eligible to apply for a BOWP. That is the reason why OINP has mentioned on their website that applicants who are already in Canada whose WPs are to expire soon might be processed on priority. This is for EE applicants.

For paper based applications, this is what is mentioned -

Paper APR: determining if a positive eligibility decision has been made

If the paper APR under one of the qualifying economic classes was submitted by mail prior to January 1, 2015, or was submitted outside of the Express Entry system, it must have a positive eligibility assessment in order for the foreign national to be eligible for a BOWP.

The positive eligibility assessment is considered to be made once the status of the Eligibility field in GCMS is set to “Passed” (or “Met” for FSWC applications submitted prior to January 1, 2015) or an Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or email has been sent to the applicant.

Applicants applying for a BOWP must include a copy of their Acknowledgment of Receipt letter with their open work permit application.
Link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

natdn

May 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2017
Nomination.....
25-07-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, a nomination would almost guarantee you an ITA within a period of 2 weeks. Once the e-APR is submitted and the "R10" is set to "Passed", the applicant is eligible to apply for a BOWP. That is the reason why OINP has mentioned on their website that applicants who are already in Canada whose WPs are to expire soon might be processed on priority. This is for EE applicants.

Buddy, you can extend your work permit just with your nomination letter ... I am waiting for that ... Open your eyes and see Laura Answers. Processing Time is based on Officer. Do you know whether OINP is tracking applicant's Work Permit expiry data?

I have some applicants posted that their work permit got expired. They applied visitor visa to continue their stay in Canada. Don't speak as if you know all things ... My work permit is expiring in 80 days as i said previously ... See my case and learn lol ....

Don't believe all things posted by OINP ... Their processing time is 90 days for OINP as per website ... Is that happening ??? I got AOR after 5months .. I know some people got AOR after 7-8 months ... So Stay calm ... Don jump as if you are genius lol

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
natdn said:
Buddy, you can extend your work permit just with your nomination letter ... I am waiting for that ... Open your eyes and see Laura Answers. Processing Time is based on Officer. Do you know whether OINP is tracking applicant's Work Permit expiry data?

I have some applicants posted that their work permit got expired. They applied visitor visa to continue their stay in Canada. Don't speak as if you know all things ... My work permit is expiring in 80 days as i said previously ... See my case and learn lol ....

Don't believe all things posted by OINP ... Their processing time is 90 days for OINP as per website ... Is that happening ??? I got AOR after 5months .. I know some people got AOR after 7-8 months ... So Stay calm ... Don jump as if you are genius lol
I pity your ignorance and lack of information. You cannot apply for a BOWP with just a nomination. If you want to try applying for a BOWP with only a nomination, go ahead but don't suggest it to others. Applicants without a "R10 Passed" status applying for a BOWP will not get their application approved. Before you post something, please visit some official resource, read the content and then get back.

I've posted the link on the CIC website that says very clearly that you need a R10 set to PASS to be eligible to apply to OINP. Why don't you go through the CIC website once? Just once.

natdn

May 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2017
Nomination.....
25-07-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
I pity your ignorance and lack of information. You cannot apply for a BOWP with just a nomination. If you want to try applying for a BOWP with only a nomination, go ahead but don't suggest it to others. Applicants without a "R10 Passed" status applying for a BOWP will not get their application approved. Before you post something, please visit some official resource, read the content and then get back.

I've posted the link on the CIC website that says very clearly that you need a R10 set to PASS to be eligible to apply to OINP. Why don't you go through the CIC website once? Just once.
Yes, OINP no longer has the authority to issue support letters for open work permits. This only applies to nominees in streams under the Human Capital Category and includes all streams that do not require a job offer. If you apply under a stream with job offer category, OINP will give letter of support .... You can extend your permit if you have nomination letter and letter of support. Letter of support from province is a check for OINP applications who get nomination letter's under Human capital and Master's stream with out job offer.

If you file e-APR, how long does it take to get R10 ?

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Raj,

You're speaking only from fswp point of view.

They're not.

lauraDz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:

I am not as knowledgeable on this topic. I would also be very worried if my visa was expiring, so I understand your concern. I would recommend calling them and explaining your situation. Or sending them an email. They have been pretty responsive these days.

natdn

May 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2017
Nomination.....
25-07-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
lauraDz said:
I am not as knowledgeable on this topic. I would also be very worried if my visa was expiring, so I understand your concern. I would recommend calling them and explaining your situation. Or sending them an email. They have been pretty responsive these days.
Hello Laura,

You have applied under Master's stream with out Job offer right? Did you get Letter of Support document as well along with your nomination letter?

Please clarify ASAP ...

Thanks

lauraDz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
natdn said:
Hello Laura,

You have applied under Master's stream with out Job offer right? Did you get Letter of Support document as well along with your nomination letter?

Please clarify ASAP ...

Thanks
Right.Can you please elaborate what you mean by the letter of support? I got only a nomination and instructions on what to do next.

natdn

May 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2017
Nomination.....
25-07-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
lauraDz said:
Right.Can you please elaborate what you mean by the letter of support? I got only a nomination and instructions on what to do next.
Letter of support from province or Territory is a mandatory document if we apply for Work Permit extension.

Do we need to create express entry profile once we receive nomination letter?

natdn

May 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2017
Nomination.....
25-07-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
lauraDz said:
How many documents did you get ... Any where did they mention as Letter of support ?

Please clarify, Laura

Thanks

lauraDz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
natdn said:
How many documents did you get ... Any where did they mention as Letter of support ?

Please clarify, Laura

Thanks
No, I did not get a letter of support. Here is what they state in the letter of approval:
Masters and phd graduates nominated under the masters or phd streams may be eligible to apply for a temporary work permit or an extension of an existing work permit while their permanent residence application is being processed. A provincial nomination does not guarantee approval of a temporary work permit application or extension. Information on how to apply for a work permit with the IRCC is available at the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-how.asp

They ask to include the nomination while applying for a work permit. Maybe, this is what they mean by the letter of support. But it's only my guess, so disregard it.

Also, it states:

Please note that this nomination is not valid for IRCC's Express Entry Program.

So, to clarify, if you are also a masters stream applicant, you do not need to create an EE profile because we are not eligible to apply through this program. We need to submit a paper based application to a processing centre in Sydney.
I hope this is helpful.