+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath ceremony-Ottawa

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
betoherman said:
Seems like Ottawa is slow in sending mail and updating Ecas, or applicants from Ottawa don't check out this website, or nobody care about us. Haha. But i think we have to wait, because they usually send the mail two weeks before the ceremonies, so they still have from nov. 25 to dec 2 to make decisions and send the letter. Have a Good day
Makes sense... Usually it's rolling ~10 days before oath... So, may b some updates in dec 1st week.

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
What happens if you arrive 30 mins late for your oath ceremony?

They put you in another ceremony on the same day?

Fortheloveofcanada

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Hi everyone..

I just wanted to know if anybody here made the test in Ottawa on the 18th of november n has any updates.. Ecas updated.. Oath or anything..

Thanks a lot for ur help

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our citizenship journey is complete.

We, along with 75 other new citizens took our oath at the CIC office here in Ottawa today. The ceremony was short but meaningful, kudos to the CIC officers as well.

To all those who are still waiting, don't lose hope and your turn will come, in the proper appointed time.

Thanks to all in this forum who help provided information and encouragement.

God bless everyone.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
hgn said:
Our citizenship journey is complete.

We, along with 75 other new citizens took our oath at the CIC office here in Ottawa today. The ceremony was short but meaningful, kudos to the CIC officers as well.

To all those who are still waiting, don't lose hope and your turn will come, in the proper appointed time.

Thanks to all in this forum who help provided information and encouragement.

God bless everyone.
Heartily congratulations!!

zaou

Nov 27, 2015
Fortheloveofcanada said:
Hi everyone..

I just wanted to know if anybody here made the test in Ottawa on the 18th of november n has any updates.. Ecas updated.. Oath or anything..

Thanks a lot for ur help
@Fortheloveofcanada I had my exam same day, Nov 18, and no updates so far... will keep you posted in case

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
We became Canadians on Nov 26 along with 74 others!, the 2nd of 3 ceremonies that day. The judge said he was to swear in 1000 in that week, all just in Ottawa. So the forum represents a tiny proportion of actual applicants.

The ceremony seemed a bit rushed but yet was very satisfying. CIC does appear to be stretched for resources. This is a difficult job.

Happy to be done with it. Now the passports,, then to get the OCI. Will postpone that for now...

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cprak0 said:
We became Canadians on Nov 26 along with 74 others!, the 2nd of 3 ceremonies that day. The judge said he was to swear in 1000 in that week, all just in Ottawa. So the forum represents a tiny proportion of actual applicants.

The ceremony seemed a bit rushed but yet was very satisfying. CIC does appear to be stretched for resources. This is a difficult job.

Happy to be done with it. Now the passports,, then to get the OCI. Will postpone that for now...
hey congrats cprak0

They were rushing the oath ceremony because we were next at 1:15pm hehe.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
@hgn, Thanks, Congrats to you guys as well!! Yes, new cheat sheets for the oath and 'O Canada' were placed on
the chairs even as we getting pictures taken...

Wadood

Star Member
Jul 13, 2009
Monreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
Congrats hgn and cprak0!!!!!!

One question, were you asked to bring supporting documents to Oath ceremony, the originals of the docs submitted with application?

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
@Wadood, Yes all docs submitted with application was on the oath letter. All they asked to see was the oath letter, the PR card which they collected, and the consent form signed. Then, again you sign the prohibitions thing and finally after the oath you sign for one final time...the oath in writing...

FOMARK

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Buddha1906 said:
applicant361 said:
hello Ibby, do you have DM after your test??
[/quot

After test got fingerprint and letter to submit notive of assessment for CRA
I am from ottawa, and I got FP request also after test. Hopefully we hear good news soon.