Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
Wadood said:
I took test on Oct 14, DM on Oct 16.
Called call center, agent mentioned there is nothing on my file that would suggest CIC called me, she also mentioned that sometimes they call first without adding any notes on file. She said she can ask the CIC agent to call back if needed and asked for my number.

Meanwhile, I called back on the number from where I initially got a call and it says Out of Office till September 8, definitely a scam!!!!

Now, I am concerned if I should have called CIC call centre in the first place :( and raised this issue. Probably, should have just ignored.

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Wadood said:
Called call center, agent mentioned there is nothing on my file that would suggest CIC called me, she also mentioned that sometimes they call first without adding any notes on file. She said she can ask the CIC agent to call back if needed and asked for my number.

Meanwhile, I called back on the number from where I initially got a call and it says Out of Office till September 8, definitely a scam!!!!

Now, I am concerned if I should have called CIC call centre in the first place :( and raised this issue. Probably, should have just ignored.
sad to hear that.. Who in their sick brain can do that? probably the want all your personal data.. Good luck at least you got DM and you are just waiting for your owth. Mine is still in process.

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
betoherman said:
Wow i would like to see that..10 times.in.a.day. . Next week.will be the nov. 24 and 26. Probably they are going to update the website next...year? . Cheers.
No, you misunderstood. I said 10+ for the whole week; which comes down to 2 or 3 ceremonies per day for some days.
Sometimes they do 3 ceremomies on Monday, 3 on Tuesday, 2 on Wednesday, 1 on Thursday, 2 on Friday. Or any other scheduling around that model. I have observed it in the past few months. And sometimes the website gets fully updated (with all the ceremonies) on the Wednesday or Thursday of that very week; meaning after the Monday and Tuesday have already had their ceremonies. And sometimes they update it fully well before the week of ceremonies. Point is: you cannot fully rely on that website's accuracy in terms of ceremonies, especially for Ottawa.

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wadood said:

Do not jump to conclusions so fast. It might well just be that the person that called you had forgotten to update their voicemail greeting message after they came back from vacation in September.
Seriously, who knows your personal info to the extent that they would know that you are currently waiting for your citizenship oath ceremony to be scheduled ? In my humble opinion, I think you received a legit call from CIC Ottawa. If I were you I would keep calling that number again and again every day until I get a hold of the person on the other end.

Wadood

Star Member
Jul 13, 2009
Monreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
AsianIndian said:
Do not jump to conclusions so fast. It might well just be that the person that called you had forgotten to update their voicemail greeting message after they came back from vacation in September.
Seriously, who knows your personal info to the extent that they would know that you are currently waiting for your citizenship oath ceremony to be scheduled ? In my humble opinion, I think you received a legit call from CIC Ottawa. If I were you I would keep calling that number again and again every day until I get a hold of the person on the other end.
Seems like using my real name on the forums was a bad idea :(

I tried 10+ times calling back, same voice mail message. I asked call centre to verify if it was a legit number, they had no clue. I hope it was a legit call though...will keep re-trying

Wadood

Star Member
Jul 13, 2009
Monreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
I think the call was indeed from CIC, shoot I missed it :( :( :(

I tried calling back but i get message "out of office till september 8" weird. Not sure what I should do now

ottawanboy

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there,

Dates of the upcoming ceremonies in Ottawa have been updated as December 9, 14, 15, 16. Has anyone received either an oath invitation or E-CAS update for given dates? Thanks!

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
There goes my prediction. More oaths in Dec 2nd week. Tests in the first week.

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wadood said:

I tried calling back but i get message "out of office till september 8" weird. Not sure what I should do now
There seems to be a "special ceremony" on Dec. 9. Maybe that's the one they wanted to invite you to.
I say "Special" because it is the only one on that week and it is also the only one at Rideau Hall on Sussex Drive...
Just keep calling them and the call center as well

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Wadood said:

Yeah i was thinking the special ceremony inn Rideau Hall. That could be yours probably... lets see what other say about it. If they got invitation for this one.

Wadood

Star Member
Jul 13, 2009
Monreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
Got call from CIC again today after I left a voicemail. They asked me to show up for Oath Ceremony on Dec 9 and wanted to know guest list as they need security clearance.

Feeling relieved .... :)

No official letter yet or ECAS update.

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Wadood said:
Got call from CIC again today after I left a voicemail. They asked me to show up for Oath Ceremony on Dec 9 and wanted to know guest list as they need security clearance.

Feeling relieved .... :)

No official letter yet or ECAS update.
That's great. Now you know it is true. Congratulations! May i ask the phone number you got the call? I have many on my voicemail but with no messages. Haha.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
boltz said:
Yes; what they say in the interview seems to be a very good indication of what's coming... In the past they have said 3-4 mths... Now a days the are saying 2 mths...

Test >>> oath
Sep 2 >>> nov 23
Sep 10 >>> nov 24
Sep 17 >>> nov 25
Oct 2 >>> nov 26

That's what seems to be the trend on the oath ceremonies this month...

And tests seem to be happening on 3 weeks (1 day each; 3 sessions a day) - and oath happening in 3 consecutive days of 3rd/4th week of the month.

So into dec 3rd week (assuming that will happen before Christmas break - well, last year it happened) - the ones who took test on oct 10th (?) & oct 15th & nov 2nd (?) & possibly nov 9th will get oath in dec...
Happy Christmas and new year to these...
So, extending further....

Test >>> oath
Oct 14 >>> dec 9
??? >>> dec 14
??? >>> dec 15
??? >>> dec 16

Ottawa is fast catching up.... Glad to see ceremonies in dec; and early dec...

What were test dates in Oct - oct 2nd, oct 14 - was there one in oct 10?
Also what about nov - there was one on nov 9 - what are other nov test dates?

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
boltz said:
Any body else got oath for dec 9, 14, 15, 16? This thread is nearly getting burried...
Seems like Ottawa is slow in sending mail and updating Ecas, or applicants from Ottawa don't check out this website, or nobody care about us. Haha. But i think we have to wait, because they usually send the mail two weeks before the ceremonies, so they still have from nov. 25 to dec 2 to make decisions and send the letter. Have a Good day